Thread: Question for Cebu & Bohol, Philippines

Default Question for Cebu & Bohol, Philippines

Hello. I am planning a trip to Cebu and Bohol and would like to have some suggestions. Basically I am travelling alone from Manila to Cebu for my first day, Cebu to Bohol on my second day, Bohol to Cebu and finally back to Manila on my 3rd day. I can easily take a guided tour but I feel this is like flipping a picture book without actually being there. I want to experience Cebu and Bohol as it is, so it would be great to be able to travel via local transports like jeepney or tricycle. My objective is more backpacking and photography and the unique experience for each provinces.

Are there anyone here from Cebu or Bohol, or familiar with either of the places?

Default Re: Question for Cebu & Bohol, Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77 View Post
    Hello. I am planning a trip to Cebu and Bohol and would like to have some suggestions. Basically I am travelling alone from Manila to Cebu for my first day, Cebu to Bohol on my second day, Bohol to Cebu and finally back to Manila on my 3rd day. I can easily take a guided tour but I feel this is like flipping a picture book without actually being there. I want to experience Cebu and Bohol as it is, so it would be great to be able to travel via local transports like jeepney or tricycle. My objective is more backpacking and photography and the unique experience for each provinces.

Are there anyone here from Cebu or Bohol, or familiar with either of the places?

guess there is a direct plane, from singapore to cebu, by cebu pacific air..

and i think most locals will take internal flight from manila to cebu too, or there are ferries service that takes longer day? if travel by land from manila to cebu, i don't know it takes how many hours..and usually, u will be in a express bus too.. if you really want to take jeepney and tricycle, and go go and stop stop..3 days trip isn't enough?

dawg,

I might be able to help you with regards to Cebu. I grew up and studied in Cebu. Ive attached the link to Cebu City official website. If you can list you itinerary would better. Reason is that, 1 day is too short to cover everything.

http://www.cebu.gov.ph/

Quote Originally Posted by LENS View Post
    guess there is a direct plane, from singapore to cebu, by cebu pacific air..

and i think most locals will take internal flight from manila to cebu too, or there are ferries service that takes longer day? if travel by land from manila to cebu, i don't know it takes how many hours..and usually, u will be in a express bus too.. if you really want to take jeepney and tricycle, and go go and stop stop..3 days trip isn't enough?

I have to go to Manila because that's my primary stop. Then detour to Cebu for my actual R&R and back to Manila so this is why I can only afford 3 days. Manila to Cebu I will travel by airplane. My jeepney and tricycle is just within Cebu and Bohol so I can mingle and see more than what is sanitized tourist destination.