Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Canon EOS D60 for US$2,200?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Canon EOS D60 for US$2,200?

    Dpreview.com has reported that, according to a reliable Canadian source, the list price of the Canon EOS D60 will be around $3,500 CDN, which works out to be about US$2,200. This is a lot lower than the US$2,999 originally quoted in the Canon press release.

    Read More

  2. #2

    Default

    This is exciting... hope the D100 drops dramatically too...

  3. #3

    Default

    Oh great, from the rife rumour forums of DPReview.. sure..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by YSLee
    Oh great, from the rife rumour forums of DPReview.. sure..
    This is not from the forums, this is from Askey himself.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5

    Default

    wow then it abt $4K over here.................

    Can get

  6. #6

    Default

    Guess what... go back to the link again and you'll find that they've posted a receipt from a reader pre-ordering the camera at that price...

    I guess we shouldn't just be biased against certain forums/sites and just dismiss everything they say as rumours... of course some might be false, but there are many rumours that may be true as well. We should of course learn to take rumours with a pinch of salt... or it's from a more dubious source, a tablespoon of salt.

    I would normally read through these rumours thoroughly and rate the authenticity and decide how much salt I should take...

    Well... it's my job anyway to do it....

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang


    This is not from the forums, this is from Askey himself.

    Regards
    CK
    Whoops, I read it "from the forums". Hehe.

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by willyfoo
    Guess what... go back to the link again and you'll find that they've posted a receipt from a reader pre-ordering the camera at that price...

    I guess we shouldn't just be biased against certain forums/sites and just dismiss everything they say as rumours... of course some might be false, but there are many rumours that may be true as well. We should of course learn to take rumours with a pinch of salt... or it's from a more dubious source, a tablespoon of salt.

    Sound like someone I know
    Ohh..... it YS.....

  9. #9

    Default

    Anyone here wanna take action if D60 is less than 4.5k? Probably we can initiate a mass ordering together.

    Pls Canon, make it less than 4.5K... otherwise i will have to wait for another half year

  10. #10
    Bedpan
    Guests

    Default

    I guess I have to fly home to Canada! Mmmm DSLR...
    Just gotta wait for all the reviews. So many choices! Its amazing

  11. #11

    Default

    Add $600-700 for a dedicated speedlight since SB-26/28 no longer work in ttl mode with the D100.... whereas I guess you can use a $55 achiever flash with a D60 in full TTL.

    Wonder why Fuji is keeping so silent...


    Originally posted by willyfoo
    This is exciting... hope the D100 drops dramatically too...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,464

    Default

    Originally posted by erwinx
    Add $600-700 for a dedicated speedlight since SB-26/28 no longer work in ttl mode with the D100.... whereas I guess you can use a $55 achiever flash with a D60 in full TTL.

    Wonder why Fuji is keeping so silent...
    dun forget....add another few hundred dollars for Nikon Capture - apparently Nikon likes to sell their software for the camera separately.......
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by tomshen
    Anyone here wanna take action if D60 is less than 4.5k? Probably we can initiate a mass ordering together.

    Pls Canon, make it less than 4.5K... otherwise i will have to wait for another half year
    4.5? I was hoping for 4

  14. #14

    Default

    Great hope for D60. Rumors are now rife that there are shops offering it for US$1999 body only.

    That translate to $3600 local.

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by Shadus
    Great hope for D60. Rumors are now rife that there are shops offering it for US$1999 body only.

    That translate to $3600 local.
    BUY BUY BUY.......

  16. #16

    Default

    Stick Together Team!

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Shadus
    Stick Together Team!
    Too much CS eh?

    Regards
    CK

  18. #18

    Default

    Dunno anyone on the same line as me but I was wondering whether D30 would still be in production and much lowered in price....

    If D30 can be had for less than $2k would be great and certainly can live with its shortcomings

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    east side
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    wah lau where to find money for d30!!!! sell blood also not enough leh....

  20. #20

    Default

    Originally posted by eadwine
    wah lau where to find money for d30!!!! sell blood also not enough leh....
    Errr. don't sell blood lor!

    Go sell your backside.... I'm sure it will fetch more then your blood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •