Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Photo Looked Blur?????????

Default Re: Why Photo Looked Blur?????????

Haha... Hmmm.. For me... I will try out at least an ISO200 first. If cannot, set higher to ISO400. But of course as what others always says, having a higher ISO will bring in more noise (grainy pics). I do not know if you Canon camera is able to take it, but for my camera, the panasonic FZ30, ISO200 is the max I go... Any further the photo will be very much jialat jialat...

The other method is to increase your shutter speed. Read on your manual on how to set it though. Sorry that I do not owe such camera, if not I will tell you how straight away

Having higher shutter speed and higher ISO settings will make the picture good enough. Yet again, play around with your camera bahz... Haha...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by kenbong View Post
    Actually i'm trying to love my camera.. That's y i always play with it when i'm free..
    Anyway, what mode will you use if u were me when the moment you take this photo?? And will you on the flash as well???
    Jack of all trade, but to a master of none... The RSAF...

Quote Originally Posted by foreverlovex View Post
    If u dun want to use flash, always aim to shoot at least 1/30 sec....best is 1/60 sec above. And your topic should not be moving.

The solution is to bump up iso for u.

using canon a540, i reckon the biggest aperture is F2.8 bah(...or F2.6???). This one cannot be any bigger (bigger means smaller number). The solution is bump up ISO but will lead to more noise.

forgot the other solution is change ..... camera.
    I also thinking to change my camera..But before i change to a new one,i would like to learn more about photography skill so i won't face the same problem again+waste money..
    My friend always told me that "Aiyo,if u can't even take a gd photo through this small digital camera,what for you get a new one??? You will still stuck at the same problem and waste more money leh"..
    Haha.. Sound cruel but it's fact..

Quote Originally Posted by sethkoo View Post
    Haha... Hmmm.. For me... I will try out at least an ISO200 first. If cannot, set higher to ISO400. But of course as what others always says, having a higher ISO will bring in more noise (grainy pics). I do not know if you Canon camera is able to take it, but for my camera, the panasonic FZ30, ISO200 is the max I go... Any further the photo will be very much jialat jialat...

The other method is to increase your shutter speed. Read on your manual on how to set it though. Sorry that I do not owe such camera, if not I will tell you how straight away

Having higher shutter speed and higher ISO settings will make the picture good enough. Yet again, play around with your camera bahz... Haha...

Cheers
    I start loving this forum... You all are very helpful...
    Honestly no one care to reply to my problem when i post my problem in other photography forum..
    I LOVE YOU GUYS...
    And wish i can become a Pro like all of you here...

I think in the first place, your subject is moving. Very hard to take a sharp photo one =)

Haha... Its good to help one another... Anyway, its free of charge typing words onto this forum...

I start loving this forum... You all are very helpful...
    Honestly no one care to reply to my problem when i post my problem in other photography forum..
    I LOVE YOU GUYS...
    And wish i can become a Pro like all of you here...
    Jack of all trade, but to a master of none... The RSAF...

Talking Re: Why Photo Looked Blur?????????

bro..hehe..i agree..high ISO may give u grainy pic..but atleast u have sharp photos! no choice la bro...if u dun want to use flash..set to higher ISO and shutter speed..if pic turn to be under exposed... u try slightly slower shutter speed..and maintain ur aperture..F2.6

Ok thanks for all of the reply..
    Learn something new today....
    THANKS GUYS & GIRLS!!!

Enabling the flash will cause your camera to anticipate that there will be immediate surrounding will be bright, therefore reducing exposure time so that nearby subjects will be lit well. This will naturally mean that the background will turn out dark, especially so as the power of the flash does not go all the way to the back. So you will end up with nice sharp subject, but a dim background.

It all depends on what your scene is intended to be. If you want the background to be bright as well, then either choose a background that is not too far back so that there is some hope of the flash reaching it, or you will have to turn off flash and juggle all the other parameters of exposure:
    shutter speed (slow down to make brighter, but too slow will cause handshake blur),
    aperture (make as large as your camera/lens is possible, but sometimes bo pian kena limit liao),
    ISO (make large to allow faster shutter speed, but may cause grainy/noisy picture at higher values).

Now then we know photography is not so easy But we hafta keep plugging on. All the best!

But i ever tried before to shoot with the flash on. The outcome was not so impressed at all...
    The object looked more clear but the background turn dark...
    that's y i off the flash and hope to get a clear picture everytime i try to capture with the flash off..
    Haiz.. Why this camera so troublesome one..Still remember when the time i use my sony digital camera (Old one), just click and shoot.. Simple.. And the picture is sharp as well..
    A bit regret to get this camera now.. Haiz....
    Bro, do yourself a favour. Learn to understand how aperture, iso and shutter speed works. Read the manual or learn it online. Once u know and understand this, u can stop with your trial and error shots. No use keep on trying and not knowing what the problem was.

Sorry if you all think i'm annoying..But i really think that it's ridiculous to use a tripod when you trying to shoot something at escalator... I think if i use a tripod,before i can set up my tripod,i already reach the end of the escalator...
    the reason i get this camera is hope to capture some precious moment anytime..
    Haiz.... Anymore advise like in my situation,what should i set when capturing the same photo again (Such as on the flash or set the shutter speed etc.....).
    Sadly, this is life.

U buy something which u feel is good and supposed to give u the best of the best. But it didnt, and we blame it as the fault maker.

Have u ever think of this : Could it be me, us, the person's problem?

Like u, I bought a 800+ pro-com recently. I did very badly for the 1st few shots, even with my experience with a PnS for a few years. Till now, I still cant get some of the effects I wanted. But I never blame the cam, coz I considered it as the best my money can buy. So who to blame for those blur pics, losuy focused photos? The photographer, of coz.

Back to ur problem : U and ur object (i believe is ur gf) is on the move - the esculator. U, as the photographer, cant be as firm and steady on the move. Secondly, ur object and even ur hands might be moving during the shoot out, causing the blur pics.

I will suggest u go read up ur cam's manual, familarize with all or most of the functions. Then read up some books on the basic. If u have the chance, maybe sign up some course @ Canon. I think they do offer some free courses for new purchases IIRC.

Lastly, good luck with ur shootings!

Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    Sadly, this is life.

U buy something which u feel is good and supposed to give u the best of the best. But it didnt, and we blame it as the fault maker.

Have u ever think of this : Could it be me, us, the person's problem?

Like u, I bought a 800+ pro-com recently. I did very badly for the 1st few shots, even with my experience with a PnS for a few years. Till now, I still cant get some of the effects I wanted. But I never blame the cam, coz I considered it as the best my money can buy. So who to blame for those blur pics, losuy focused photos? The photographer, of coz.

Back to ur problem : U and ur object (i believe is ur gf) is on the move - the esculator. U, as the photographer, cant be as firm and steady on the move. Secondly, ur object and even ur hands might be moving during the shoot out, causing the blur pics.

I will suggest u go read up ur cam's manual, familarize with all or most of the functions. Then read up some books on the basic. If u have the chance, maybe sign up some course @ Canon. I think they do offer some free courses for new purchases IIRC.

Lastly, good luck with ur shootings!
    Fully agree with what u said......The problem is on me....
    i will try to read through the manual again..thx 4 the advise..

Quote Originally Posted by Rol View Post
    can try setting to the fastest possible shutter speed..
    its impossible to use this kind of setting...only in sports will that be prefered...

Quote Originally Posted by Rol View Post
    My Manual mode setting is "0"6 ; F2.6 ; ISO 100"..
    I know set it to ISO 100 is too low but i ever read from a website stated that set the iso lower can get a more sharp and clear picture... But maybe i misunderstand the concept of the lightning explosure here..Haiz....
    yes you are right, the lower the ISO the cleaner and sharper the pics.

When you shoot without flash in your above condition, not sure which mode u r in, the camera will meter the whole area and choose a slow shutter speed, can tell that the place you are in is very dim. Dun let the human eye fool you.

In order to get a sharp pics, you will have to up the ISO setting, meaning more gain in your pics, which in terms allow you to shoot with a higher shutter speed.

As for flash, you can still use the above setting but you just have to step down your EV for your flash to prevent the face from over expose.

Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    its impossible to use this kind of setting...only in sports will that be prefered...
    what do you mean by it is impossible to set the fastest possible shutter speed?

i thought either he freezes the movement or do a panning. having motion blur of her girlfriend's face is not something i thought would be desirable in his grounds.

reason for blurring could be
    1. insufficient shutter speed (which could be possibly not achievable with a compact without fast lens aperture) to cope with motion of subject
    2. too near to the subject, shorter than minimum focusing distance
    3. unstable gait on escalator (by right if both person is on the escalator, there should not be motion blur of the face as the camera-subject distance if fixed in theory, but in reality, everything shakes, so it is more of handshake rather than motion blur.)
    4. it could be that the gf didn't pose and move in her posture, thus motion blur

solution
    1. explore the limits of the existing camera to see if the fastest shutter speed available is sufficient for such circumstances
    2. accept that one have to use the camera flash for such circumstances
    3. accept the fact if compact is not able to cope with that without flash, and avoid shooting in this circumstances
    4. change to a DSLR with a fast lens.
    5. change to a DSLR with external flash and diffuser/bounce
    Last edited by zoossh; 4th March 2007 at 03:33 AM.

try using night mode, and fire on that lady. =)

Just use a higher ISO, faster shutterspeed, shoot and just accept the noise. Process the image with noise reduction + sharpening later on when you get back .

That's what I do when using my old compact camera ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

When you use a flash, the shutter speed will probably drop to compensate for the flash exposure. As such, the camera will not get enough light from the background and hence the background looks dark when you use the flash.

From the pictures, it does appear that the aperture is rather small as well. What is the aperture that you took the picture with? Did you try to take the picture at f/2.6? Try to use ISO 200 or ISO 400 for your shots. You may find that the noise may be less annoying than what you think it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by cantaresg View Post
    When you use a flash, the shutter speed will probably drop to compensate for the flash exposure. As such, the camera will not get enough light from the background and hence the background looks dark when you use the flash.
    i think it is the shutter duration that drops, not the shutter speed.

When the flash is on, most compact cams shd auto adjust to about at least 1/60 for handheld flash photography. But 1/60 at low ISO will underexpose the background ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Fully agree with what u said......The problem is on me....
    i will try to read through the manual again..thx 4 the advise..
    Reading the manual is a MUST for people who are new to photography. But unfortunately, the manual does not really teach you how to take a good picture; just how to take one. Advice you to really familiarize yourself with your camera then take lots of pictures and note of the difference when you change a particular setting.
    Avoid moving while taking a picture when you're learning. Note : This is not the same as avoid taking moving objects.

Check the Workshop & Gatherings to see if they are organizing any workshop for newbies (join only those that are free) to teach basic photography. But please learn to use your camera first; it's unfair to others if you waste the instructor's time asking how to use your camera. Classes to teach you how to use your camera should be the responsibilty of your camera manufacturer or the shop you bought from.

i wonder who wrote those manuals..... actually they dun even teach you how to use the camera well. the time they used to print those colored brochures for marketing is actually way better than the manual, in terms of contents and presentation - both.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast