Thread: Eclipse of the moon on 4 Mar 07

Default Eclipse of the moon on 4 Mar 07

May be of interest to some....

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...r-eclipse.html

cheers

Default Re: Eclipse of the moon on 4 Mar 07

Are we able to catch the event? It seems like the eclipse will occur in the morning over here in Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim View Post
    May be of interest to some....

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...r-eclipse.html

cheers

Bro,
    Thanks for sharing.
    Unfortunately, we in Asia might not be able to witness it. It says the eclipse will begin at 10:44 p.m. Greenwich mean time on 3 March i.e. tonight. This would already be 6:44 AM in Singapore tomorrow morning. Sun already out in full force. Too bad, too bad...
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Bro,
    Thanks for sharing.
    Unfortunately, we in Asia might not be able to witness it. It says the eclipse will begin at 10:44 p.m. Greenwich mean time on 3 March i.e. tonight. This would already be 6:44 AM in Singapore tomorrow morning. Sun already out in full force. Too bad, too bad...
    Just realised that this thread is replicating this other thread: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...69#post2871569.

Bro,
    Thanks for sharing.

You haven seen the moon during the day before ?

Max. eclipse in Singapore is at 7.23am on March 4, with first contact at around 4.18am and Umbral phase begins at 5.32am

from this thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...69#post2871569.

So we shld be able to see the beginning of the eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by xray View Post
    Just realised that this thread is replicating this other thread: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...69#post2871569.
    yes bro. multiple threads on this already...
    i think we have a slim chance to shoot, the sky already gets bright around 7 am...
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    You haven seen the moon during the day before ?

Max. eclipse in Singapore is at 7.23am on March 4, with first contact at around 4.18am and Umbral phase begins at 5.32am

from this thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...69#post2871569.

So we shld be able to see the beginning of the eclipse.

ok, ok. got it. we won't be able to see the max eclipse possibly, but we will definitely see the start. thanks for claifying. me confused

so, you planning to shoot ? dunno where is a good place to go. i think somewhere around the western part of singapore - lim chu kang might be a good location.

Arrow Re: Eclipse of the moon on 4 Mar 07

ok, ok. got it. we won't be able to see the max eclipse possibly, but we will definitely see the start. thanks for claifying. me confused

so, you planning to shoot ? dunno where is a good place to go. i think somewhere around the western part of singapore - lim chu kang might be a good location.
    haha bro, lim chu kang, dun think need so far la.. now outside my hdb corridor can see moon, clear sky.. not sure 4am will shift to what position, But i just thinking of gg to a basketball court nearby to shoot.. provided still clear skies by then . Hope Ti kong will cooperate

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    haha bro, lim chu kang, dun think need so far la.. now outside my hdb corridor can see moon, clear sky.. not sure 4am will shift to what position, But i just thinking of gg to a basketball court nearby to shoot.. provided still clear skies by then . Hope Ti kong will cooperate
    he he. i suppose we need a place where we can see the horizon without any buildings etc. obstructing it. was thinking of a large open space ...

he he. i suppose we need a place where we can see the horizon without any buildings etc. obstructing it. was thinking of a large open space ...
    ya lor.. the horizon.. unless at seaside

i not sure if 20 floor, in bishan can see it a not....

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    i not sure if 20 floor, in bishan can see it a not....
    I guess as long as your western horizon is not blocked, you will be able to see. The moon is 'almost' overhead now. By 4 AM, I will move around 50-55 degrees towards the horizon (i.e. 35 degrees from the horizon...) Just make sure your western horizon is not obstructed. Good luck bro.