Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STOMPnews - What A Joke!!

Default Re: STOMPnews - What A Joke!!

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    It's all the railings' fault!

Jack Tan, 30, questioned the sensibility of putting up railings close to parking lots when the rear windscreen of his car was smashed while his wife was reversing it near Block 119 Marsiling Rise at 10.30pm on Wednesday (28 Feb).

The property agent told STOMP, "My wife heard a loud sound as she was reversing and after recovering from the initial shock, realised that it was the rear windscreen that had been cracked and broken."

"Why is this happening in an HDB estate? Hopefully HDB can do something about it before the railings claim yet another victim," Jack lamented.

Jack and his wife will now have to pay hundreds of dollars to get the windscreen and the back door replaced.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost2152.aspx
    why have railings close to the parking lot?

the railings are precisely there to prevent the silly wife from reversing into people coming down the stairs...

Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    why have railings close to the parking lot?

the railings are precisely there to prevent the silly wife from reversing into people coming down the stairs...
    and that's a NO PARKING BIG WORD there!!!! knn HDB should paint it with some kind of paint that can alert this 2 pple.

HBD should just plant 2 concrete barrier there to prevent drivers from parking on no parking lots.

next time when bang into a car while parking, should blame how come there's a car there in the 1st place

Anyone buying property lately ? watch out for this fellow.

Hate to say this, but it's the woman driver thingy la..:P

I know this is politically incorrect, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    Ya, you belong to the type that drives regularly . For you, but sadly, alot of weekender car owners do not.

From Jack Tan from stomp webby ,

"Why is this happening in an HDB estate? Hopefully HDB can do something about it before the railings claim yet another victim," Jack lamented.

I think,
    Why is this happening in an HDB estate? Hopefully HDB can do something about it before the weekend car owner's P - plater wife claim yet another railing,or worse still, back reversed into a passerby
    Can lah, tell HDB to put up poles at the carpark loh. Like dat they can practice their gostan parking.

Anyway, I rarely drive too. And to make things even worse, I don't own a car. My bro-in-law does and I'm one of those that drive like only once or twice A YEAR. Never had any problems driving or parking.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post

4 types one shld quickly siam and overtake when driving

1) Lorry
    2) 3-tonners
    3) Taxis
    4) Women Drivers!!

Haha, agreed, agreed....

That day, while driving out of the car park, i was behind this car near the entrance. The driver just started to slowly reverse as she was too near the car in front. And when I sounded my horn, she just accelerated! Thank God I only gotten a scratch on my license plate. She din even say sorry, but just drove off!

For them, it really boils down to where their foot are at in times of emergency: accelrator or brakes....sheesh!

I know there're some really good lady driver out there la, but they're just the miniority...

The wife belongs to a unquie group - people who have got driving license but don't know how to drive.
    The husband belongs to the other unique group - people who have brains but don't use it.

Sad to say I've met quite a few members from both those groups

Woman make lousy drivers
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Jack should do either one of these to prevent future incident:
    1. change a wife, who is a better driver,
    2. change to a more expensive car with a reverse sensor as standard,
    2. ask his wife never to park in a HDB again,
    4. ask his wife never to do any reverse parking

What a joke. Hmm Maybe they should blame Kia because the parking sensor didnt work.

Anyway, nothing new to me. I meet this kind of people everyday at work.

Haha, agreed, agreed....

That day, while driving out of the car park, i was behind this car near the entrance. The driver just started to slowly reverse as she was too near the car in front. And when I sounded my horn, she just accelerated! Thank God I only gotten a scratch on my license plate. She din even say sorry, but just drove off!
    Luckily, no damage to her car otherwise she would have turn around and blame you for knocking onto her "backside".

I bet his wife was talking on the handphone and looking at ther rear view mirror looking at her self while reversing.

arrr...tat y i say i dare nt say out earlier..

Quote Originally Posted by Jix View Post
    What a joke. Hmm Maybe they should blame Kia because the parking sensor didnt work.

Anyway, nothing new to me. I meet this kind of people everyday at work.
    sue KIa's salesman that never do their job by recommend them buy car with backside so that the rear windscn will be save this time, only the boots area...hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    HBD should just plant 2 concrete barrier there to prevent drivers from parking on no parking lots.
    will they blame HDB for put this when something happen har?? no end one la...tis type of pple only know that they r faultless.

Seems like the article's been removed?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123