Thread: Fun Project: Portrait

Deregistered

Default Fun Project: Portrait

Just a little experiment I had for fun...

Default Re: Fun Project: Portrait

I feel that if this image was cropped from elbow/waist up then will look better.

Quote Originally Posted by chewraisins View Post
    I feel that if this image was cropped from elbow/waist up then will look better.
    Ya, the empty space below his thighs.. Do distract one from the intensity on his face.

My thoughts
    I think the reason why the pict wasn't cropped was due to the fact that rapier wanted to intensify the effect of the subject (being much lower than the camera height) looking up, which meant that floor was part of his composition. Try cropping just the 2nd tone of the floor instead.

Just wondering if removing the reflection in his eyes might help a little more?
    Last edited by nikonrus; 2nd March 2007 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus View Post
    My thoughts
    I think the reason why the pict wasn't cropped was due to the fact that rapier wanted to intensify the effect of the subject (being much lower than the camera height) looking up, which meant that floor was part of his composition. Try cropping just the 2nd tone of the floor instead.

Just wondering if removing the reflection in his eyes might help a little more?
    Naw, I'm not against his choice of composition, it's just that that area I mentioned could be darkened, so that it isn't so distracting. It's like a lighter shade sticking out amidst a mostly dark BG..

Deregistered

Thanks for the comments guys. Will try cropping and maybe darkening the space in the foreground a little