View Poll Results: What do you think actor Christopher Lee will get for his drink driving offence?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just a fine or performing community service as it usually is with people of different status...

    46 44.23%
  • Sent to jail as drink driving is a serious offence...

    58 55.77%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 99

Thread: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving?

  1. #61

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    Then Fann is the female doctor is it and the fat guy that join in the escape is Moses Lim and fell down in the end?
    then who is the prison warden?

  2. #62
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    "Contrary to media reports...." so how did you get this inside info?
    Don't always believe what you read... anyway got my sources.
    Anyway it would be interesting to compare and contrast this case with that of Nicholas Tse back in 2002 who totalled his Ferrari F360 Modena and fabricated a story that his driver was responsible. Later got involved with another accident, this time in an Audi.
    Media personalities = bad drivers???

  3. #63

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    can change the ad what.

    can change to something like this:

    a poster of him behind bar with title "if u drink and drive, u will be like me. No matter who you are. "

    HAHA you're damn good!!!

  4. #64
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Chan View Post
    Probably a hefty fine and community service and ban from driving for 12 months. Lucky him of his status and popularity.

    Whatever the outcome, the media will sensationalise it and headlines will definitely cause a stir.

    Who knows, in the near future, media corp will do a special on this "whole saga".

    For those who r Fann Wong and his fans - sympathise him
    For those who r by the books - cruxify him to show as an example
    For those who r just watching - dont bother to waste time, take yr camera and go shooting better
    So when will the verdict be out? Pls update Thks! BTW there is rumour saying Fann is leaving him as he is going to jail?

  5. #65

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    Don't always believe what you read... anyway got my sources.
    Are you saying that the press cannot be trusted? How can we believe you on the basis of "don't always believe what you read" and without revealing what kind of sources you have?

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    So when will the verdict be out? Pls update Thks! BTW there is rumour saying Fann is leaving him as he is going to jail?
    den drop into your open arms?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  7. #67
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    den drop into your open arms?
    Nah... cannot 'afford' an ah jie i am just a normal lao2 bai2 xing4 ... drop in ur arms better

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Nah... cannot 'afford' an ah jie i am just a normal lao2 bai2 xing4 ... drop in ur arms better
    hmm... i think my arms not strong enuff... on my lap, i think still got some muscle...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #69
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam View Post
    Are you saying that the press cannot be trusted? How can we believe you on the basis of "don't always believe what you read" and without revealing what kind of sources you have?
    I am not making any such claim, however you're jumping to that conclusion. Are you so gullible to believe that every word reported is the exact and definitive depiction of what exactly happened? C'mon in reality things are never so black and white, there's always a varying point of view. My sources?, Well let's just say I know a lot of lawyers...

  10. #70

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    I am not making any such claim, however you're jumping to that conclusion. Are you so gullible to believe that every word reported is the exact and definitive depiction of what exactly happened? C'mon in reality things are never so black and white, there's always a varying point of view. My sources?, Well let's just say I know a lot of lawyers...

    Why? You did say "Don't always believe what you read" Doesn't that mean you do not have the confidence in the press in reporting the truth. In other words, you don't TRUST the reporting because you do not believe in the reporting. How can you say you are not making such a claim?

    If you can't trust the press, fine. But please do not impose your view on others who have full faith that the press is reporting the truth.

    How can we give credence to your claims that he did not hit-and-run on the basis of "My sources?, Well let's just say I know a lot of lawyers..."? In any case, he is NOT ALLOWED to move his vehicle after he hit the motorcyclist UNLESS AUTHORIZED by a police officer.

  11. #71
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by mervlam View Post
    Why? You did say "Don't always believe what you read" Doesn't that mean you do not have the confidence in the press in reporting the truth. In other words, you don't TRUST the reporting because you do not believe in the reporting. How can you say you are not making such a claim?

    If you can't trust the press, fine. But please do not impose your view on others who have full faith that the press is reporting the truth.

    How can we give credence to your claims that he did not hit-and-run on the basis of "My sources?, Well let's just say I know a lot of lawyers..."? In any case, he is NOT ALLOWED to move his vehicle after he hit the motorcyclist UNLESS AUTHORIZED by a police officer.
    How you've arrive at your assertion reflects a pretty narrow line of thinking. While I would believe every newspaper tries to report news as objectively as possible, that does not necessarily mean everything written covers every possible facet of information nor reflect any mitigating factors or circumstances relating to the incident. I am not negating whatever has been reported, just that there is more to it than what we read. Nowhere did I say that I don't trust the reporting, you are making that claim.

    Please have a reality check, nobody is imposing on you or anyone else for that matter any belief to undermine your full faith in the press. If anything I don't know why you're getting worked up over this matter. As an aside, even the press can put "spin" or reflect an institutional bias on what is reported (the Fox news channel is a great example of reporting with a conservative neo-con perspective).

    Nobody is asking you to believe what I say, you are free to believe what you want. I am not defending Christopher, he has engaged able and experienced lawyers to state his defence. No need to point out to me the point of law, leave that to the judge.

  12. #72

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Check the meanings of both words "believe" and "trust" and you will understand how I arrive at such a conclusion.

    The press and the police classifies the case as hit-and-run. Then he has to be brought back to the scene for a breath-analyser test (meaning he left the scene). Your source said he moved a short distance before stopping (meaning he did not leave the scene). I just find it hard to understand how you put it off as "varying point of view". Seems more like both extremes to me.

    Wouldn't the reporter and the article editor exercise due care and professionalism in ensuring the facts are accurately reported in the article? After all, the reporter obtained the facts of the case from the police.

    Sure, you can choose to believe your own version of factual information. I just find them hard to believe.
    Last edited by mervlam; 3rd March 2007 at 07:57 PM.

  13. #73
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Yet again you dwell on your dogmatic line of reasoning. Just because the press reported the facts doesn't necessarily make it an open and shut case of it being a hit-and-run case. Again nobody is forcing you to believe anything and if you find it hard to understand or believe anything beyond the facts, that's your choice. As I have stated, things aren't always so clear cut as you would like to believe.

  14. #74
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    wait and see the verdict lor...




    we can only speculate now. i'm just glad i'm not in chris' shoes. i bet it mux b so stinko esp. the way it is now.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  15. #75

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Fann Wong is available?! Yes!!!!

  16. #76

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    There's no such thing as equal between the rich and the poor, local and expets.

    If you're rich you can hire the best lawyer to defand you and in court the truth depands on how your lawyer present "your version of the truth".

    If you're an expet, better still. Automitically the cops belive your side of the story more over the local guy.

    If I remember correctly, some time back a underage girl w/o a driving license, hit someone and speed home. The mother went to the police and laied that it she's the one who's driving. Later police found out the truth. What happen? the family got a senior lawyer to fight the case, the school support her and she got off with a slap on the wrist, just a fine and probation. And the mother? Nothing.

    Yep. Absolutely agree with you.

    Besides, don't forget Christopher's surname.
    It helps too.

    500 years ago, all belongs to the same family.
    Got special treatment one.


  17. #77
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Wild wild west
    Posts
    610

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Will it affect our water source if sg gov let him go jail ?

  18. #78

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Not only water, vegetable and poultry as well. Then maybe locals also have a hard time going to JB or worse coming back to Spore.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxger View Post
    Will it affect our water source if sg gov let him go jail ?

  19. #79
    Xcontrol
    Guests

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    no water,vegetable cannot go jb never mind . chris lee must be send to jail .

  20. #80
    Senior Member wrx_sti_22b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Compassvale Lane
    Posts
    4,952

    Default Re: Do you think actor Christopher Lee will be punished accordingly for drink driving

    Money money money... will help... If Fann Wong dun have enough... David Gan will help... for sure one...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •