Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Flashing F--

  1. #1

    Default Flashing F--

    I recently realised whenever i remove my lens hood from my d80 kit, there will be a flashing F-- in the lcd...after reading the manual it seems that the camera is unable to detect the lens. What i did was to unlock and lock the lens again. This happens also when i take the camera out of the bag by holding onto the lens (might not be a good thing to do).

    Is this normal? Or should i bring it to NSC for a check...i suspect either the lens or camera contact is loose.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Flashing F--

    Quote Originally Posted by stylocool View Post
    I recently realised whenever i remove my lens hood from my d80 kit, there will be a flashing F-- in the lcd...after reading the manual it seems that the camera is unable to detect the lens. What i did was to unlock and lock the lens again. This happens also when i take the camera out of the bag by holding onto the lens (might not be a good thing to do).

    Is this normal? Or should i bring it to NSC for a check...i suspect either the lens or camera contact is loose.
    It is still under warranty, go visit NSC. It should not like that.

    IIRC, the kit lens come with D80 is lens with non-metal bayonet. Is that really bad?

    Regards,
    Arto.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Flashing F--

    how does removing lens hood create this problem?

  4. #4
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Flashing F--

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    how does removing lens hood create this problem?
    I think when he remove the lens hood..the twisting action causes the contacts to disengage.. this should not happen..i think ur lens mounting on the body is loose liao..send in to NSC..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Flashing F--

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    I think when he remove the lens hood..the twisting action causes the contacts to disengage.. this should not happen..i think ur lens mounting on the body is loose liao..send in to NSC..
    Or, maybe must check whether lens is mounting properly to body. Is there any 'click' sound when mounting it?

    Regards,
    Arto.

  6. #6
    Member fv18m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North of S'pore
    Posts
    410

    Default Re: Flashing F--

    Wow... There's cause for worry if there's no CLICK sound when mounting the lens, and TS must be damn HENG he was not holding the lens & the cam dived.

    Bro,

    think there definitely is something wrong with the Lens/ Mounting, cos I'm also no the D80, and no such problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Or, maybe must check whether lens is mounting properly to body. Is there any 'click' sound when mounting it?

    Regards,
    Arto.
    The DIFFERENCE is not in the "Cue", it is in the SKILLS...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •