Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft ClubSNAP Photo Enthusiasts Event - March 1 2007 - Follow Up Thread

Default Re: Microsoft ClubSNAP Photo Enthusiasts Event - March 1 2007 - Follow Up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by elw00d View Post
    Hi all

Nic here from Microsoft (your host from tonight)

Thank you all very much for attending this evenings session. I hope you enjoyed yourselves, learnt something new and came away interested in (and hopefully really excited about) Windows Vista.

Congratulations to leejay for winning the copy of Windows Vista Ultimate and congratulations to all the USB memory key and Xbox 360 games winners as well.

Please use this thread to give your summary or thoughts from this evenings event. I'd also love to hear your ideas for future Microsoft ClubSNAP meet ups or to ask additional questions that we weren't able to cover tonight.

I'd also love to see your photos from the meet - could you post them here or provide links to your flickr/hosting accounts?

A HUGE thank you to Darren for arranging the meetup - Hopefully next time he'll be able to attend in person

And for those of you who are interested please check out the PhotoSynth tech preview at this link: http://labs.live.com/photosynth/

Cheers all

Nic
    One suggestion : Can we have another of this? I missed it due to my commitment to my gf and a very good play - TiTouDao.....

Thumbs up Re: Microsoft ClubSNAP Photo Enthusiasts Event - March 1 2007 - Follow Up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    same here
    me too... is MS looking for part-time office boy , love the environment, cool

congratz Leejay, get to go for the meeting from the waiting list and get Vista, luck is with you

and of coz the people who engineered the meeting like Nic and Darren, learn much more about Vista.... waiting for the money to flow and Vista here i come
    Nic: i would sent you a pm soon on some suggestion i feel too, no worries, they are not negative one

more meetings, more Vista and more friends, nice meeting you guys. for those not too sure who i am, well remember the first who got the prize? that is the little me

Default Re: Microsoft ClubSNAP Photo Enthusiasts Event - March 1 2007 - Follow Up Thread

I love the pantry area..and the supplies!!!

and I love the Microsoft Vista Ultimate, especially the search..

blur me always forget where I put place files in my folders..

Thanks everyone for your comments and photos so far

CYRN: WOW!!!!! Your photos are AMAZING,.. Please teach me your secrets; can I do that with my Canon 350D??

And to let you all know I'm reviewing the recording from last nights session so I can extract all of your excellent questions (that I couldn't answer). I'll collate the responses from our product teams in the US and post them here in the forums over the next week or so.

Someone asked about prizes,..

We gave away a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate (which leejay won - congrats), 5 x 1GB USB memory keys and 5 x Xbox 360 games (2 x DOAX2 and 3 x Gears of War). I can't promise we'll have the same give aways next time but I'll do my best

Please keep sending through you comments and feedback and any more photos you may have from the event.

Cheers

-Nic

Thanks everyone for your comments and photos so far

CYRN: WOW!!!!! Your photos are AMAZING,.. Please teach me your secrets; can I do that with my Canon 350D??

And to let you all know I'm reviewing the recording from last nights session so I can extract all of your excellent questions (that I couldn't answer). I'll collate the responses from our product teams in the US and post them here in the forums over the next week or so.

Someone asked about prizes,..

We gave away a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate (which leejay won - congrats), 5 x 1GB USB memory keys and 5 x Xbox 360 games (2 x DOAX2 and 3 x Gears of War). I can't promise we'll have the same give aways next time but I'll do my best

Please keep sending through you comments and feedback and any more photos you may have from the event.

Cheers

-Nic
    pls also include an xbox-360 for the next event...now i only got the game without the console ..he he(very greedy)
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

By the way - If you're wondering whether or not your current PC can be upgraded to Vista check out the Upgrade Advisor tool which is a free download from this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...deadvisor.mspx

The Upgrade Advisor tool looks at the hardware in your PC and analyses it to see whether it is compatible with Vista and if so which edition is most suitable to your configuration. If certain areas are not currently compatible the tool will tell you what you need to do in order to get your PC Vista ready.

The base/minimum requirements to run Vista are
    • An 800 MHz processor
    • 512 MB of RAM
    • A 20 GB hard drive with 15 GB of free space

But for the full list of specifications check out this page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...uirements.mspx

Any questions let me know

Cheers

-Nic

Hi Nic, just to add on, ... really enjoyed your presentation .. and after last nite, "my Vista" should be on the way soon.

And to all the CS members who were there, it was great meeting all of you.

cheers !

Hi nic,

There were a few questions regarding which features being available in which Vista package.

Any references online that we cen refer to?

thanks
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

The search function is cool. Most improvements make sense to the general usage, rather than photography.

My present workflow is based on C1 + PS + a couple of other tools (batch renaming, slideshow, DVD, etc). I don't really need other tools, but it's still good to upgrade in the future.

Nic, once again, could you help us find the price for each package? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tomshen View Post
    The search function is cool. Most improvements make sense to the general usage, rather than photography.

My present workflow is based on C1 + PS + a couple of other tools (batch renaming, slideshow, DVD, etc). I don't really need other tools, but it's still good to upgrade in the future.

Nic, once again, could you help us find the prices for each package? thanks!
    Actually MS already have a basic photo editing software in office... tot it will be good if they seperate it and come out something like lightroom or aperture Well as Nic mentioned, MS designs weighs very heavily on the vast majority.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Hey all

Here's the first batch of answers to your questions from last night:

Features for each version - check out this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...s/default.mspx

Here's a brief summary of some of the features we talked about last night that are in Home Basic

• File Tagging
    • Windows Photo Gallery
    • Windows Sidebar (for Windows Gadgets)
    • Windows Movie Maker
    • Windows Media Player 11
    • Instant Search

And here are some of the features NOT in Home Basic but available in Home Premium or Ultimate

• Native DVD Playback (included DVD MPEG2 codec)
    • Windows Media Centre
    • Windows Media Centre Extender Support (for Xbox 360 and other MCE Extenders)
    • Themed Slide Shows
    • Windows Aero
    • Windows DVD Maker

Pricing:

• Official Recommended Retail Pricing:
    • Windows Vista™ Price w/o GST
    • Windows Vista™ Home Basic English Upgrade DVD SGD 179.05
    • Windows Vista™ Home Basic English DVD SGD 340.95
    • Windows Vista™ Home Premium English DVD SGD 407.62
    • Windows Vista™ Home Premium English Upgrade DVD SGD 274.29
    • Windows Vista™ Business English DVD SGD 502.86
    • Windows Vista™ Business English Upgrade DVD SGD 340.95
    • Windows Vista™ Ultimate English DVD SGD 664.76
    • Windows Vista™ Ultimate English Upgrade DVD SGD 445.71

However,.. Cybermind at Sim Lim is listing the following prices:
    • Home Basic: SG$145
    • Home Premium: SG$188 <- This is a really good price (IMHO). Home Premium is my recommendation to most of you thinking of upgrading
    • Ultimate: SG$318

More answers to come very soon - stay tuned!!

If you have any more photos from last nights event I would still love to see them

Cheers

-Nic
    Last edited by elw00d; 2nd March 2007 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Fixed Spelling + Added RRP's

wow good prices!

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    pardon the tilt horizon
    Lovely. ^^

Hey all

Here's the first batch of answers to your questions from last night:

Features for each version - check out this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...s/default.mspx

Here's a brief summary of some of the features we talked about last night that are in Home Basic

• File Tagging
    • Windows Photo Gallery
    • Windows Sidebar (for Windows Gadgets)
    • Windows Movie Maker
    • Windows Media Player 11
    • Instant Search

And here are some of the features NOT in Home Basic but available in Home Premium or Ultimate

• Native DVD Playback (included DVD MPEG2 codec)
    • Windows Media Centre
    • Windows Media Centre Extender Support (for Xbox 360 and other MCE Extenders)
    • Themed Slide Shows
    • Windows Aero
    • Windows DVD Maker

Pricing:

Cybermind at Sim Lim is listing the following prices:
    • Home Basic: SG$145
    • Home Premium: SG$188 <- This is a really good price (IMHO). Home Premium is my recommendation to most of you thinking of upgrading
    • Ultimate: SG$318

More answers to come very soon - stay tuned!!

If you have any more photos from last nights event I would still love to see them

Cheers

-Nic
    Those pricing are for OEM right?

Just a quick question. How if I have a copy of Vista Business Version for my laptop and I am going to buy a Home Premium edition. Can I switch the Business version to my desktop and install the Home Premium edition for the Laptop? Is the laptop copy licensed to my laptop only?

That's a good question and I will check with our licensing team for you...

However - as I understand it - you should be able to transfer your copy of Vista to another machine as long as you take it off the machine you transferred it from.

One machine per license - if that makes sense

Sounds like what are you are trying to do is OK but if you've already activated the OS on one machine you may need to speak with the support centre to activate on a new set of hardware.

I will revert with a confirmed answer for you.

-Nic

Here's the Official Recommended Retail Pricing for Windows Vista:

• Prices w/o GST

It would appear Cybermind are quoting OEM pricing. Best to contact them (or your favourite retailer) directly for a quote.

Here's the Official Recommended Retail Pricing for Windows Vista:
    • Prices w/o GST
    It would appear Cybermind are quoting OEM pricing. Best to contact them (or your favourite retailer) directly for a quote.
    wow , Leejay just got himself something worth 660++ ... i believe i havd a long way to save before i can Vista my com then.... or wait till next chance (devil boy)

Note that the OEM pricing is much cheaper: If you can find a retailer (like Cybermind or Video Pro) that will sell you the OEM version you can save almost half of the RRP,..

PS. Don't tell our sales team's I told you that

/hides

Prizes..i din get anything..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast