Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 215

Thread: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

  1. #41

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    A rare opportunity not to be missed. Young guns! Go give it a shot!

    Good luck!

  2. #42

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    For people taking part, mild digital enhancements with regards to tones/colours etc is allowed but no alteration to content or context of picture is allowed.

    Information from email on website.

  3. #43

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    Proceed the profession and the contest at your own risk!

  4. #44

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    I want to join but not sure what does Action means.

    Any Ideas?


    I have plenty of scenary and people shots

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I want to join but not sure what does Action means.

    Any Ideas?


    I have plenty of scenary and people shots
    Action can refers to Sports, Events (like Chingay), Car rally etc
    Last edited by cjl; 3rd March 2007 at 12:28 AM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Well, it's called Young Photographer of the Year after all..

    I guess 30+ already pushing it leh!
    haha.. 30+~~ can be too old also.. well e organisers hold the shots.. hehe..

  7. #47
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    very simple....only photogs with passion need apply.

    this is a gd opportunity for the budding young photog IMHO. if i was 16 and crazy abt photography, i would definitely give it a go!
    good chance for young ones who just ORD or females n looking for new jobs~~ hehe..

  8. #48
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by harrynkl View Post
    me 33 still consider young damn happy lah
    young @ heart is great~~ hee

  9. #49
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Kensuke View Post
    Seems interesting .... Pro Grade ? if like tt sae ... i already got one le ...
    2 L lens quite good liao.. better than e prizes..

  10. #50

    Default Re: Canon TNP Young Photographer Of The Year

    hahaha,,, yalor. No red ring they dare to say pro grade. chey!




    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    no L lens somemore.. hai.. 50mm f/1.8 is very cheap lor.. pro grade should 50mm f/1.2...

  11. #51
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Canon TNP Young Photographer Of The Year

    Quote Originally Posted by ianpaice View Post
    hahaha,,, yalor. No red ring they dare to say pro grade. chey!
    scaly they give red rubber band to tie on the lens.. fainted..

  12. #52

    Default Re: Canon TNP Young Photographer Of The Year

    actually for an internship or a job as a full time photographer all u have to do is go for an interview & present your portfolio...
    the real gem in photojournalism as a career would be working with the associated press, agence france presse or reuters. getty & nat geog would be great goals too & joining SPH would be a great platform to start off from! good luck to all!

  13. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Canon TNP Young Photographer Of The Year

    Quote Originally Posted by renegade150 View Post
    actually for an internship or a job as a full time photographer all u have to do is go for an interview & present your portfolio...
    the real gem in photojournalism as a career would be working with the associated press, agence france presse or reuters. getty & nat geog would be great goals too & joining SPH would be a great platform to start off from! good luck to all!
    We'll you're the pro in that industry

  14. #54
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Canon TNP Young Photographer Of The Year

    Quote Originally Posted by renegade150 View Post
    actually for an internship or a job as a full time photographer all u have to do is go for an interview & present your portfolio...
    the real gem in photojournalism as a career would be working with the associated press, agence france presse or reuters. getty & nat geog would be great goals too & joining SPH would be a great platform to start off from! good luck to all!
    SPH is a good place to start.. only the prizes' prices is over quoted compared to the market rate.. 1st Prize get 5D and EF 28-300mm L lens would be great.. hehe..

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Canon TNP Young Photographer Of The Year

    I would seriously consider if they throw in 3 L lenses. Change system perhaps. But Don't like the way they potraits the 3 common Primes as Pro-Grades. (Yes, technically all primes are pros, but then again)

    Also, they didn't state how much is the intern pay. What if there are none? So you pay for your own stay.

    Or some sees it as the prizes is the pay. So they force you to get your own equipment using your 'cash advance' lah. lol.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  16. #56
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Canon TNP Young Photographer Of The Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    I would seriously consider if they throw in 3 L lenses. Change system perhaps. But Don't like the way they potraits the 3 common Primes as Pro-Grades. (Yes, technically all primes are pros, but then again)

    Also, they didn't state how much is the intern pay. What if there are none? So you pay for your own stay.

    Or some sees it as the prizes is the pay. So they force you to get your own equipment using your 'cash advance' lah. lol.
    there are still some areas unclarified by the org.. they should list all terms n conditions down to clear our doubts.. that would b great.. hehe..

  17. #57

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    The Canon website has been updated with a FAQ and more background info on the contest.

    www.canon.com.sg/youngphotog

  18. #58
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    Quote Originally Posted by flask View Post
    The Canon website has been updated with a FAQ and more background info on the contest.

    www.canon.com.sg/youngphotog
    much better details, but they din write more about the wages..

  19. #59

    Default Re: CANON-THE NEW PAPER Young Photographer of the Year

    The 50mm is cheap but actually in terms of IQ its pretty good. I dont mind the 24 and 100mm except the internship...

    I seriously wonder how many people in the age group can spare the 1 year to do it...

    I for sure cant and wont..

  20. #60

    Default Re: Canon TNP Young Photographer Of The Year

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    scaly they give red rubber band to tie on the lens.. fainted..

    Great idea.. im going to buy a roll of red tape from art friends put around my 50 and 85mm

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •