Thread: Using UOB ATM card in Japan

Default Using UOB ATM card in Japan

Hi, does anybody knows if there are any special procedures for using a UOB ATM card in Japan? My friend said that I have to apply for a special PIN number from UOB in order to use the regular ATM card overseas?

Default Re: Using UOB ATM card in Japan

you have a 6 pin number card? with visa electron cirrius or maestro on it? then u can use it in any post office ATM in japan.. however , you have to enable the card to be allowed to be used overseas locally first...

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyb View Post
    Hi, does anybody knows if there are any special procedures for using a UOB ATM card in Japan? My friend said that I have to apply for a special PIN number from UOB in order to use the regular ATM card overseas?

Have use POSB ATM Card in japan, they charge $5 per transation.
    but the machine is in japanese, so you have to understand some japanese.
    I have to try second time to figure out how to use.

ic so i have to go to uob to enable for overseas use, thanks

enable card to be used overseas. Japan Post Office, Citibank or sumitomo atms with cirrus or maestro signs can be used.

Thought all machines have English option anywhere in the world.

There should be a pin number for the credit card to be used as an ATM card from day 1 i think... They send it in a letter. Maybe you never noticed. Most ppl dun care abt that i think, coz they think they won't use it in abroad as an ATM card... Dun use tat lah. Draw money, i think straight away dunno how much... then the money given to you will have a poor bank exchange rate. Then follow by transactional fee added to the bill later... then end up a lot more... why not just bring the cash? Or US$ exchange there for Jap Yen if exchange rate is good. Then your expenditure on food & shopping just use credit loh...