Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Better equip=better pics?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Better equip=better pics?

Originally posted by ckiang

Yeah man. So bad of me. A good loupe will not make a bad slide look better. *sigh*

Use a bad loupe CK! Will make you think all you slides are good since with it you won't be able to tell which are good and which are bad.

langzi
    Guests

Default wooohoooo!!

woohooo!!
    whao...got so many replies in just 4 hrs....man..am i good or am i good?

sigh..sad case ah..im just 17, a amatuer and ppl are bringing them down to my standard to argue with me on my points...

To dear Red Dawn and Kit,
    i must agree on some of your statements(makes you feel good huh?). i haven't seen alot about life... working in a renowned magazine scene and used to shoot simple pics for newspapers..well, i guess i haven't seen alot...unlike you guys...with your all mighty cam bodies and powerful lens, combined with extremely chim technical terms...man...you guys have the most experience....*salute!!*

guess i'l be continuing to shot with my 50mm and my dear dear Minox...sigh...with my terrible attitude, i'll never be as good as a photographer as the rest..i'll be stuck at the pit, only able to look up at the rest with their big big lens...well, sad lor..me no $$..cannot anyhow spend....
    sad man...i'll never be able to win competitions....without my super cams, i'll be only able to look at the rest with their prizes...while im sadly sititing at the back clapping for them...

man..im never so sarcastic.....dunno why also...forgive for this thread guys...

cheers,
    langzi

Default Re: wooohoooo!!

Originally posted by langzi
    woohooo!!
    You're good? At what?

sigh..sad case ah..im just 17, a amatuer and ppl are bringing them down to my standard to argue with me on my points...

i must agree on some of your statements(makes you feel good huh?). i haven't seen alot about life... working in a renowned magazine scene and used to shoot simple pics for newspapers..well, i guess i haven't seen alot...unlike you guys...with your all mighty cam bodies and powerful lens, combined with extremely chim technical terms...man...you guys have the most experience....*salute!!*
    [/QUOTE]

I don't really mind bringing myself down to your level if that's what it takes to communicate with you. I'm pretty flexible.

You agree with what I said doesn't make me feel anything. Just some lost guy who found some common sense. Nothing great actually.

Don't really care who you worked for actually. Just make sure you learned something from it. Its pretty obvious you haven't.

guess i'l be continuing to shot with my 50mm and my dear dear Minox...sigh...with my terrible attitude, i'll never be as good as a photographer as the rest..i'll be stuck at the pit, only able to look up at the rest with their big big lens...well, sad lor..me no $$..cannot anyhow spend....
    sad man...i'll never be able to win competitions....without my super cams, i'll be only able to look at the rest with their prizes...while im sadly sititing at the back clapping for them...

cheers,
    langzi
    [/QUOTE]

What can I say? I feel for you. You want to be sarcastic? Be my guest.

woohooo!!

cheers,
    langzi
    Ah, so we now know where the problem lies. You are suffering from equipment inferiority complex. You think that your 50mm and Minox cannot take good pictures. You think that only big cameras and big lenses can take good pictures. You think that only high end cameras and lenses can take award winning photos. Which is probably why you started this thread.

You are also obviously envious and jealous for all the equipment that people have and you don't, and still think that it is their equipment which makes their pictures so good. At least this is what I infer from this particular post.

Go to your favourite shop, get a couple of rolls of film, put it into your camera. Use just your 50mm lens and go out and shoot. You'll be surprised what's out there. Learn how to use this 50mm instead of whining about what equipment others have, how they upgrade, buy new equipment, etc.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Better equip=better pics?

Oh no, I just bought a new loupe. How?

Regards
    CK
    You give me the new loupe; I'll return it after your old loupe is spoilt.

Funny tho....

All words and no pic....

Too bad,.... a picture tell a thousand words

Originally posted by Bluestrike
    Funny tho....

All words and no pic....

Too bad,.... a picture tell a thousand words
    Come to think of it, have any one of you people seen langzhi's pics at all?

Regards
    CK

woohooo!!
    To Ninja, rueyloon etc: do u still think this kid has anything constructive to discuss after this?

u're way over the line. i think i gave u perhaps a bit more credit than u actually deserved - and i thought i was pretty kind in my previous post. First of all nobody said u're using inferior equipment. Secondly, nobody said u lack any photographic experience. These 2 issues were never in any of the discussion. The issue is about better equipment and its relationship to better pictures, not about YOUR equipment and your skills.

YOU are the one who chose to relegate your equipment in YOUR own eyes, which proves my point that u're nothing more than a sad green eyed jealous snob with so much envy that you actually need to hide behind the cover of the online world and lamblast others who take their photography serious enough to spend more money on new equipment.

Instead of enjoying your own hobby with your equipment and your *supposedly* vast experience in the magazine and publishing industry, you become the self appointed purveyor of all things photography and critise others for spending money on new equipment.

Why? is it because it will be a good chance to advertise yourself to the whole world of your experience? maybe. because it will be a good chance to tell the whole how experience you are really? I think so.

i think your motive for posting in the first place is to create a chance to tell everybody how good u are. That alone points out the emptiness in you, and your lack of a direction. Your constant need for self assurance is only matched by your immense childishness.

For that, you lose any last vestiges of respect that i have for you (not that there's a lot of that to start with).

guess i'l be continuing to shot with my 50mm and my dear dear Minox...
    i see....now u can start telling the whole world about the gear you own, and how you can take better pictures with lesser equipment.

Make no mistake about it - this thread is all about YOU, not about photographers in general. You just want to talk about yourself.

Good grief.....how sad can u get?

sigh...with my terrible attitude, i'll never be as good as a photographer as the rest..i'll be stuck at the pit, only able to look up at the rest with their big big lens...well, sad lor..me no $$..cannot anyhow spend....
    nobody said u're a bad photographer. And certainly nobody said u cannot play with the rest because u have no money for better equipment.

and now u're whining! why is it because we never paid much attention to you? so now u're basking in this limelight huh?

wat a childish brat u are!

stop your whining hypocrisy.
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

That's enough now.. in classic NG tradition, I'm going to have to put up the signpost..

Code:
    +-------------+
    | DO NOT FEED |
    |  THE TROLL  |
    +-----+-+-----+
          | |
          | |
    ____\\|.|//.__
    Please follow the sign, thank you very much.

[B]
    i haven't seen alot about life... working in a renowned magazine scene and used to shoot simple pics for newspapers..well, [B]
    He probably waited all day just to say that.

You're right Red Dawn. He's probably given too much credit for what he did baaaaaacccckk then. Being too precious with ownself I supposed. Fat ego needs a bit of deflating.

langzi
    Guests

Default sigh

right..im a computer idoit...tel me how to post pics and i'll post...teach me leh......

am i being a hypocrite? i dont think so, cos i voice my views and i still take in coments that i think is right to implement....and also, if dearest Red dawn dont sense the sarcasm, i dont see any point in saying any more...im just a childish brat, who is suffering frm wat equipment wat complex,.......dear CK..i dont mean that i feel inferior..im just being sarcastic towars those who thinks that my views are totally wrong and they are the king of the world....i still have the believe that a 50mm will stil be able to produce excellent reesults.

i will hold the believe that, for me, a 50 mm will be able to win over wannabes if a pro were to have 1.

i dont see why shld i continue to voice my views if im just gonna continue getting flamed over my thouhts and sentiments.

cheers,
    langzi

Originally posted by rueyloon
    my philophopy about this goes like this

"the more you go out to take = the more better pics you get"

I'm more interested in street photography, but I believe this works for many other different photography styles too.

Give someone 20 outings with a disposable camera, he will probably be able to produce some better shots compated to a person with 1 roll of film, an F5 and some expensive lens.

rgs
    rueyloon
    but then it is like the more i take the worst it gets
    could it be everytime i take a pic, i expectations gets higher?

Default Re: sigh

right..im a computer idoit...tel me how to post pics and i'll post...teach me leh......

am i being a hypocrite? i dont think so, cos i voice my views and i still take in coments that i think is right to implement....and also, if dearest Red dawn dont sense the sarcasm, i dont see any point in saying any more...im just a childish brat, who is suffering frm wat equipment wat complex,.......dear CK..i dont mean that i feel inferior..im just being sarcastic towars those who thinks that my views are totally wrong and they are the king of the world....i still have the believe that a 50mm will stil be able to produce excellent reesults.

i will hold the believe that, for me, a 50 mm will be able to win over wannabes if a pro were to have 1.

i dont see why shld i continue to voice my views if im just gonna continue getting flamed over my thouhts and sentiments.

cheers,
    langzi
    Do a search. There are excellent threads that teach you how to post an image.

Your views? What are your views? Do you have anything to back up your views? Have you spoken to those you accused and ask why they buy expensive equipment? If you did, then post your views, together with facts. If not, then you're not accurate in your observations and therefore deserves no credit.

You do not realise that in exercising your rights to speak, you're also infringing on the rights of the people you accused. Its that simple.

Who's behaving like the king of the world? I think its pretty obvious. No brainer.

Getting flamed over your thoughts and sentiments? Nope, those were just your sweeping statements that deserve rebuttal. Yeah, maybe you should stop posting for a while and check out yourself and facts. You'll benefit from it.

Code:
    +-------------+
    | DO NOT FEED |
    |  THE TROLL  |
    +-----+-+-----+
          | |
          | |
    ____\\|.|//.__
    Dear me, how many times do I have to post up this sign?

Originally posted by YSLee
    Code:
    +-------------+
    | DO NOT FEED |
    |  THE TROLL  |
    +-----+-+-----+
          | |
          | |
    ____\\|.|//.__
    Dear me, how many times do I have to post up this sign?
    Eh, have you not already realized Singaporeans never follow signs one?

No Parking - People still park.
    No Smoking - People still smoke.
    No U-Turn - Peope still U Turn.

SO,

Code:
    +-------------+
    |     FEED    |
    |  THE TROLL  |
    +-----+-+-----+
          | |
          | |
    ____\\|.|//.__
    Regards
    CK

SO,

Code:
    +-------------+
    |     FEED    |
    |  THE TROLL  |
    +-----+-+-----+
          | |
          | |
    ____\\|.|//.__
    Regards
    CK
    Yar hor. Then this best. :P

Code:
    +-------------+
    |    STUFF    |
    |  THE TROLL  |
    +-----+-+-----+
          | |
          | |
    ____\\|.|//.__

SO,

Code:
    +-------------+
    |     FEED    |
    |  THE TROLL  |
    +-----+-+-----+
          | |
          | |
    ____\\|.|//.__
    Regards
    CK
    Hahahhahhaaaa

woohooo!!
    I haven't seen alot about life... working in a renowned magazine scene and used to shoot simple pics for newspapers..well, i guess i haven't seen alot...unlike you guys...with your all mighty cam bodies and powerful lens, combined with extremely chim technical terms...man...you guys have the most experience....*salute!!*
    So what? Indeed you've seen nothing of life at your age and even less of the photographic world as your ignorance demonstrates loud and clear.

Let's face it Langzi, you're a student and a PA, nothing more and nothing less. You don't even rate as an full time employed photographer by said studio.

I know a couple of kids who were PA's in Singapore and frankly most of their work is bottom of the drawer, toss in the bin reject material. Yes they worked for the Straights times and for a commercial Studio too as part of their course placement scheme (work experience).

For those who don't know what a PA is;

A PA or photographers Assistant is a menial low grade genrally minimum wage position often offered to kids (mostly art students) who think they might like a stab at the industry on a professional basis.

The PA's typical duties include: making tea and coffee, answering the phone, moving lights and strobes around the studio, changing backgrounds, setting product for the photographer and the most important thing of all, lugging the gear around when on location. When a PA is more advanced they are allowed to take simple photographs of easy subject material which is almost impossible to screw up, yet most PA's do manage to screw the shots up at the start.

The Ang Moh hath spoken
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

langzi
    Guests

Default no brainer?

yup..im a no brainer alright....perhaps i shld start to sell all my equip away and stop photography. well, since the rest think i cannot shoot and my views on photography is bad, i dont think i shld stay on and ruin the dear reputation of powerful almighty red dawn. man....he/she is good...

yup..so what if im a PA? i didnt say what studio im working at and you ppl immediately assume it''s one og those lowly studio. yup, i dont take pics cos all the pics my boss takes are very impt and cannot afford to screw up. so what if i go coffeeshop and buy coffee for him? i like it and no one shld say that i have no F****** right to speak. i do what i like ok, and maybe it's not me who shld shut up.

you think you can make in big in the commercial scene w/o being a apprentice for some photographer first? go ahead lah, and we'll see how u fare.

im getting agitated here and my thread will seem to be very vulgar. well, im a childish brat like red dawn say, so bo bian lor.
    if you all think that this is gonna make my morale F****** low, you are wrong man.

F****d up,
    langzi

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast