Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Better equip=better pics?

ORO......

BS -> I love tht!

Oh, interestingly, all the replies remind me of a friend of mine.

At first, he was a damn lousy driver. Though he drives a cool VTI, and me a lousy 10 yr old Nissan. On straight roads, sure, he pulls away easily. On bends, I eat him for lunch & dinner. He's so crappy that Nissan march can eat him for breakfast.

But recently, he decides that his VTI is the root of all reasons why he's crappy. Then out he goes to get himself the newest EVO VII, comes with all the bells & whistles.

Nowadays..... people only smell his smoking car exhaust!

Think same can apply for all techies item, like camera?

Default Re: whoa...

Originally posted by langzi
    ppl, i would like to state that what i type here is just my opinion and without the intention of flaming anyone or trying to change anyones idea.
    Can you come out with something new to backup your behaviour? Stop hiding behind the screen of "ohhhhh, but I'm just stating my opinions". Yes, you have the right to state your thoughts and at the same time, take responsible for what you say. People often abuse this right and you're definitely one of them.

And what business is it of yours if somebody decides to sell his equipment after 2 months? You paid for that? Nope. Its a free market for crying out loud.

Learn something kiddo. Life sucks only if you've decided that it has to be that way. Don't blame others for your problems. At the same time, don't fault others just because they don't act as you like them too. I suggest you check yourself before posting anything like this again. Its getting old really. No doubt, it exposes your ignorance or should I say a strong desire to live in utopia but its really time you wake up to the real world. Not necessary pretty but you'd be better off that way.

aiyoyo, tht's a bit too harsh if its decided that he's a kiddo.

There's this other thread with a photo of a 600mm f/4 lens. He immediately replies tht the man holding it is either a pro or photojournalist.

I wonder how many people here immediately think of "That man must be a pro" whenever we see someone holding a D1x.

Better yet....

I wonder if someone be mistaken for an equipment collector instead of a photographic enthusiat if one fine day, I decide to spend 1/2 of my monthly salary on the 600 f4 lens....

Point is, why can't someone do wht he likes with his money and not get judged by others?

guys re-read his original statement again !! I can't believe at the people taking pot shots at Lanzi, it is something still open for discussion but many people try to "reverse-troll" him by making personal attacks.

His views, I believe almost everyone will agree

"if i were to give a professional a manual SLR with 50mm fixed lens, i bet that he will be able to take better pics then a better equip wannabe."

"if it's gonna make you feel high like a professional...then go ahead.."

"it's still the pics that matters...but sadly, with PS, even a bad pic can look good..."

His observation about the "why I need to buy the best equipment" may differ from many people but still does it need to degrade to the lever of personal attacks ?

and one funny observation, Lanzi actually said, that the equipment does not make the photo, but later on in the thread, you'll see people making fun of him AS IF he said that equipments will make better photos.

No more personal Attacks please guys

cheers and have a nice day, I expect this thread to be clean by the time I return from school hehehehe

BS, how to do the "kok head" one ?? I can't find leh

rgs
    rueyloon
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Originally posted by rueyloon
    guys re-read his original statement again !! I can't believe at the people taking pot shots at Lanzi, it is something still open for discussion but many people try to "reverse-troll" him by making personal attacks.

Guilty conscience. Ehehe.

I'm serious.

Better car = faster driver
    Better kitchen wares = fantastic food
    Better camera = Beautiful shots!

His views, I believe almost everyone will agree

"if i were to give a professional a manual SLR with 50mm fixed lens, i bet that he will be able to take better pics then a better equip wannabe."

"it's still the pics that matters...but sadly, with PS, even a bad pic can look good..."

His observation about the "why I need to buy the best equipment" may differ from many people but still does it need to degrade to the lever of personal attacks ?

and one funny observation, Lanzi actually said, that the equipment does not make the photo, but later on in the thread, you'll see people making fun of him AS IF he said that equipments will make better photos.

No more personal Attacks please guys

cheers and have a nice day, I expect this thread to be clean by the time I return from school hehehehe

rgs
    rueyloon
    Ah yes, please be my guest and read his post again. What is there to discuss? Whether if an amateur should get pro gear or not? Don't you think its a waste of time? Just like the previous film vs digital thread. He was questioning the right of an individual to purchase whatever he/she likes which shouldn't be questioned in the first place. Its that straight forward. He was passing judgement before he knew better.

Oh yes, advocating about equipment doesn't make the photo. Fair enough. Then why is he spending his time harping on what equipment other people use instead of going out to make images? You tell me.

I can sense that you're a pretty nice guy but stop justifying for him.

rgs
    rueyloon
    Err.. that a trade secret.....................

rueyloon, BS ---->

Originally posted by Jed
    It's true. I'm a rubbish photographer without my expensive equipment and Photoshop. But don't tell anyone cause I've been keeping it a secret. I used to take really crap pictures until I upgraded my camera, and then noticed my standard get better and better the more I upgraded. It's sad that now, I have the most expensive equipment available, so it's difficult to improve anymore as a photographer. I suppose that also means I'm also the best photographer in the world. Never thought of it that way. Cool.
    Jed, sarcasm aside, let's put it this way:

Do you really think you could take your nature shots or your football shots with a Pentax point and shoot camera?

It may not matter for street photography, but it does for the kind of pictures you take, the kind which are "professional".

Let's be a little honest here....

Originally posted by YSLee
    rueyloon, BS ---->
    YS-->

Default Re: Re: Better equip=better pics?

Originally posted by Ninja

i guess what Langzi try to say is :
    There are 2 point of view -
    Some advocate "I can take better pics if I have better equipments."
    Langzi advocate "I don't need better equipment to take better pics". Then Langzi explains why he advocates his point of view, and wonder why people advocate better equip = better pic.

Langzi did not say "better BODY = better pic" . He say "better equip = better pic". So equipments can consist of body, tripod, lens, filter, flash and others.

To Kit : If you think Langzi is wasting our/his time by initiating this thread and blast him for time wasiting , I think that's harsh.
    Nothing is too stupid or too trivial to discuss. Is there a rule in ClubSNAP that all postings need to be valuable? Langzi's thread is just another thread under "General Photography Chat". If Langzi's thread is time wasting, I've seen more "bo liao" postings here like the "knocking head thang".

No offence guys.
    Of course, I agree. Nothing is too trivial to discuss. But reading what he posted, do you think he was interested in discussing?

Do you see him asking "Guys, why do you use better equipment? How does that help in your photography?"

Or do you see him saying "you know, i find it quite sad that in singnet classified, sometimes you find ppl selling off equipments 2 mths old, and the reason for selling? upgrading....or so they say.."

or

"but then, the thrend is that some wannabes here always go for the powerful equip, like D1x lah....the upcoming D100 and all that...i mean, why the need for these equip? if it's gonna make you feel high like a professional...then go ahead..at the end of the day, it's still the pics that matters...but sadly, with PS, even a bad pic can look good...

To me, that's a statement and a sweeping statement like that deserves rebuttal, not discussion. There's a difference.

i reread his original statement. He's critising others for making upgrade decisions and commenting on upgrade paths for their photographic hobby. No wonder he gets personal attacks.

No i don't agree with ALL his statements. Statement no 1 is so cliched, and coming from Langzi who has a previous history of trolling with his film vs digital thread, i'm questioning his hidden motivation for making such a statement, mainly a lack of self conviction about his own abilities and skills as a photographer and consequently turns to berating others for spending so much on newer and better equipment. (see my first reply in this thread)

Statement 2 is quite condescending, and i suspect stems mainly, i believe, from the envy and jealously of seeing others upgrade (again, refer to my first reply in this thread)

Statement 3 is utter rubbish which has been dealt with by Ian in a previous thread. But if u want my opinion on that, no, Photoshop does not make a bad pic look good, and anyone who says that obviously has not worked with photos in Photoshop. A good pic has many more elements besides the technical aspects.

he will continue to get those comments as long as he tries to impose his view on others. it's one thing to give upgrade / purchase advice, but another thing to write wat he did, the way he did.

if nothing, i hope he gets some lessons in tact.

right click on the image, check the path to the image, then link it from the forum. (i don't know why i'm answering this question)
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Default Re: Re: Re: Better equip=better pics?

Originally posted by Kit

Of course, I agree. Nothing is too trivial to discuss. But reading what he posted, do you think he was interested in discussing?

Do you see him asking "Guys, why do you use better equipment? How does that help in your photography?"

Or do you see him saying "you know, i find it quite sad that in singnet classified, sometimes you find ppl selling off equipments 2 mths old, and the reason for selling? upgrading....or so they say.."

or

"but then, the thrend is that some wannabes here always go for the powerful equip, like D1x lah....the upcoming D100 and all that...i mean, why the need for these equip? if it's gonna make you feel high like a professional...then go ahead..at the end of the day, it's still the pics that matters...but sadly, with PS, even a bad pic can look good...

To me, that's a statement and a sweeping statement like that deserves rebuttal, not discussion. There's a difference.
    i agree. To those who find the heart to stand up for the guy, pls read the exact words he used to describe everyone else, yes, including possibly YOU

did u upgrade your equipment recently? that's so sad!

did u buy a new lens recently, wannabe?
    David Teo

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Better equip=better pics?

Originally posted by Red Dawn

i agree. To those who find the heart to stand up for the guy, pls read the exact words he used to describe everyone else, yes, including possibly YOU

did u upgrade your equipment recently? that's so sad!

did u buy a new lens recently, wannabe?
    Oh no, I just bought a new loupe. How?

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Better equip=better pics?

Originally posted by ckiang

wannabe! why u do need a good rodenstock loupe such as the one u get???? can it help u become a better photographer? why do u need a pro loupe? does looking through it makes u feel u have a better picture? if it makes you feel pro, then go ahead.....but i think it's very sad u chose to get a new one.....u haven't really maximised the previous one yet......
    David Teo

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Better equip=better pics?

Originally posted by ckiang

Regards
    CK
    CK, to tell you the truth. You have committed a sin of unspeakable proportion. Why get a new loupe when you know you have somewhere stashed aside that old faithful 50mm, collecting dust!?!?!? Like Red Dawn said, its not going to help a bit. Why? Why? Why!!!!!! Hahaha.........

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Better equip=better pics?

Originally posted by Red Dawn

wannabe! why u do need a good rodenstock loupe such as the one u get???? can it help u become a better photographer? why do u need a pro loupe? does looking through it makes u feel u have a better picture? if it makes you feel pro, then go ahead.....but i think it's very sad u chose to get a new one.....u haven't really maximised the previous one yet......
    Wow, where have I heard this before? Sounds SO familiar....

CK, to tell you the truth. You have committed a sin of unspeakable proportion. Why get a new loupe when you know you have somewhere stashed aside that old faithful 50mm, collecting dust!?!?!? Like Red Dawn said, its not going to help a bit. Why? Why? Why!!!!!! Hahaha.........
    Yeah man. So bad of me. A good loupe will not make a bad slide look better. *sigh*

Regards
    CK

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast