Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: What brand is your compact camera.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    605

    Default What brand is your compact camera.

    Not sure if this has been asked before, but here it is. What brand and model of compact camera do you carry? Just a little survey as me and my girlfriend just got married, thinking of buying her a compact came.

    Personally I like Panasonic as they have pink color, suitable for girls too, FX50 is currently into my consideration. I like Canon too but the design isn't as nice as Panasonic although Canon has a great Digic sensor in them.

    Thanks.
    My **flickr Album

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    fuji... but wish it was panasonic have using it...

  3. #3

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Sony.

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Nice design? Buy compact cam to use or to show? :P :P Jokin :P

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Using my Sharp 703SHf mobile phone as a compact camera.

    The 1.3MP camera seems to dominate over other local phones. Nothing to shout about where abberations and stuff like that are concerned compared to a true compact cam, but its just convienent.

  6. #6

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    You want cheap and good ?

    Try Fujilfim F20.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  7. #7
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    i'm actually waiting for the canon TX-1 to arrive on our shores.

  8. #8

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    nokia n73, fuji f30.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Thanks guys, but I am trying to find a cam suitable for my wife who does not really know how to use manual controls in cameras. I dont think image quality matters to her too much, just as long as quality is up to par, most pictures taken will be uploaded into her blog, or the most 4R prints.

    Ease of use and also nice in design which she will like it. F30 is really good, but is kinda bulky for a compact cam meant for her. Well, if you know what I mean, for girls camera! So just put away all those manual controls and tell me which camera you guys think is the best Point and Shoot, for dummies who does not like to go through the hassel of adjusting camera settings before taking a picture.

    Current models into my consideration.
    Panasonic: FX50, FX07, LX2
    Sony: T10, T50
    My **flickr Album

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Se K800i

  11. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    The Sony DSC-N2 looks cool!

  12. #12

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbok View Post
    Current models into my consideration.
    Panasonic: FX50, FX07, LX2
    Sony: T10, T50
    Compare all the cameras listed above:

    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX50
    Dimensions 98 x 57 x 25 mm (3.9 x 2.2 x 1 in)

    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07
    Dimensions 94 x 51 x 24 mm (3.7 x 2 x 0.9 in)

    Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2
    Dimensions 106 x 56 x 26 mm (4.2 x 2.2 x 1 in)

    Sony DSC-T50
    Dimensions 95 x 57 x 23 mm (3.7 x 2.2 x 0.9 in)

    Sony DSC-T10
    Dimensions 90 x 55 x 21 mm (3.5 x 2.2 x 0.8 in)

    Fujifilm FinePix F31 fd
    Dimensions 93 x 57 x 28 mm (3.7 x 2.2 x 1.1 in)

    Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom
    Dimensions 94 x 57 x 27 mm (3.7 x 2.2 x 1.1 in)


    Fujifilm cameras are slightly thicker.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  13. #13
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Canon IXUS 60
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  14. #14
    Member BlueBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    912

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Canon A80
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    Compare all the cameras listed above:

    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX50
    Dimensions 98 x 57 x 25 mm (3.9 x 2.2 x 1 in)

    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX07
    Dimensions 94 x 51 x 24 mm (3.7 x 2 x 0.9 in)

    Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2
    Dimensions 106 x 56 x 26 mm (4.2 x 2.2 x 1 in)

    Sony DSC-T50
    Dimensions 95 x 57 x 23 mm (3.7 x 2.2 x 0.9 in)

    Sony DSC-T10
    Dimensions 90 x 55 x 21 mm (3.5 x 2.2 x 0.8 in)

    Fujifilm FinePix F31 fd
    Dimensions 93 x 57 x 28 mm (3.7 x 2.2 x 1.1 in)

    Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom
    Dimensions 94 x 57 x 27 mm (3.7 x 2.2 x 1.1 in)


    Fujifilm cameras are slightly thicker.

    Ohh sorry megaweb, I thought F20 was abt the same size as F30. Seems like it's a good choice too.

    Sony DSC-N2 looks great too! But sadly Sony prices are quite steep I think.

    SE K800i is good too, but we just got our phone changed not long ago.
    My **flickr Album

  16. #16

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Seems like canon and olympus are the best in reputation and picture quality.

  17. #17
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Canon IXUS 800IS

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbok View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked before, but here it is. What brand and model of compact camera do you carry? Just a little survey as me and my girlfriend just got married, thinking of buying her a compact came.

    Personally I like Panasonic as they have pink color, suitable for girls too, FX50 is currently into my consideration. I like Canon too but the design isn't as nice as Panasonic although Canon has a great Digic sensor in them.

    Thanks.

    Why dont you create a poll and ask people to vote, or see if there are existing polls on this topic. You can have a good idea of what is going on.

  19. #19

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Canon A540
    Sony H2

    ...
    Vistaquest count? =D
    Oh wait, all that's in my sig already.

  20. #20

    Default Re: What brand is your compact camera.

    Me have an Fuji F20. Image quality is way above my other Canon compacts (A75, A510)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •