View Poll Results: Do u clear ur own tray?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naturally bring the tray to the cleaner. PLUS a thank you to the cleaner ah pek/ah mm

40 50.63%
  • Leave it on the table. I'm not paying $3 for my wantan mee for self-service

7 8.86%
  • Eat as messy as possible. Customer is king and its the duty of the cleaner to clean

1 1.27%
  • Only pass it to the cleaner if he happens to go by. If not, heck care.

31 39.24%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clearing trays & saying thank you

Default Re: Clearing trays & saying thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    before i could... they cleared already...
    sometimes even before i finish my food
    go wash hands, come back and food is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    they can be re-deployed to other positions which are previously taken up by foreign talents. so in the long term, less foreign talents, and all of us will be happier
    Huh, replace the construction workers and maids? Wait, they still do cleaning what.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by michhy View Post
    u lucky lor... not like u put your food on the table, then they clear it up for you before you even start...

btw... y u wash your hands already then go back to your food?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u lucky lor... not like u put your food on the table, then they clear it up for you before you even start...

btw... y u wash your hands already then go back to your food?
    (messy eater)

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    From Pri 1 to Sec 4, ten years of education with teachers chasing after us to return the trays, plates, cups to the collection points... how many of do it?
    that's the difference between mandated and culture.

We were mandated to do it in school, but outside it, the culture is not there. I believe the stricter rules we have, the less we are likely to keep to those rules in places that don't have them.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by michhy View Post
    0.o

You should never leave your food unattended!

Not because of over-zealous cleaning staff.. What if.. A passing bird.. Decides that.. It's the best spot.. To poop?

Personally, I don't bring trays to the tray stations in food courts unless theres a specific sign that says so. If you clear then the cleaners pushing the trolleys will have nothing to do. However, I always neaten up the bowls, plates etc onto tray and clear up spills to make the job easier. That said, I usually eat at food courts at non-peak hours and the cleaners are quite overzelous during these times when theres not much people. So as soon as I put down my chopsticks, they seem ready to pull the tray from under your nose.

In fast food restraunts, you are actually supposed to trash the garbage (thats why all disposable) and return the tray. The problem is when ppl being food court mentality to fast food restraunts and canteens.
    Last edited by JoshSiao; 19th April 2007 at 10:20 PM.
    5D MII w/16-35L,Sigma 28-70&Nikkors(35f2,85f1.4,105f2.5,180f2.8ED)

Clearing your own tray in a food court should be a given.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post
    One thing for sure.
    SINGAPOREAN like to SAY SORRY!
    Where ever I go I hear people saying sorry....sorry...sorry and just sorry for anything. Believe me?
    agree with you.
    but one thing never fail amaze me. It's very hard for the people here to say HI.

I always get strange stare when I say Hi to any person I meet during my walk from home to MRT. Cleaner, uncles, aunties, etc I just greet "Hi, Good Morning", and many of them rudely just stared at me like i was an alien. Even if we're sharing the same lift.

Some cleaners don't like us to pass the tray to them.. they want job security...

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Some cleaners don't like us to pass the tray to them.. they want job security...
    you got a point.
    I think they scared if the supervisor caught them in such situation.

I never give my trays to them unless they happen to walk by. I say thank you if I'm feeling good, otherwise it isn't a habit to do it in a coffeeshop/foodcourt setting. As for eating messily, I don't do it because it's uncouth, even in a coffeeshop/foodcourt setting.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    i do and teach my children to clean any mess they created, push in the chairs when they leave the table and bring the tray/s with used crockeries to the bin at food courts.

Yes. Education come from home. Just look at yourself when you are at home. Is your table messy after your meal?

Remember, it is your own house!

It is a habit! I change mine and it can be done!

YOU CAN KEEP THE TABLE CLEAN! YOU ARE HELPING THE CLEANER TO CLEAR THE TABLE FASTER AND MORE CAN ENJOY THE FOOD AND OF COURSE THE CLEANER ENVIROMENT!!!

WHY DON'T WE GIVE IT A TRY?

EVERYBODY TRY!!!

yAPPY & HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Yes. Education come from home. Just look at yourself when you are at home. Is your table messy after your meal?

Remember, it is your own house!

It is a habit! I change mine and it can be done!

YOU CAN KEEP THE TABLE CLEAN! YOU ARE HELPING THE CLEANER TO CLEAR THE TABLE FASTER AND MORE CAN ENJOY THE FOOD AND OF COURSE THE CLEANER ENVIROMENT!!!

WHY DON'T WE GIVE IT A TRY?

EVERYBODY TRY!!!

yAPPY & HAPPY
    for parents it's also good to teach kids to do so, small responsibilities are important too, good habits start from young

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    I never give my trays to them unless they happen to walk by. I say thank you if I'm feeling good, otherwise it isn't a habit to do it in a coffeeshop/foodcourt setting. As for eating messily, I don't do it because it's uncouth, even in a coffeeshop/foodcourt setting.
    Having worked at fast food restaurants, posh hotels (yes, 5 to 6 stars and a particular hotel that's owned not by a corporation, but an individual), etc.... I was extremely shocked especially seeing the mess.... after wedding banquets and of cos, idiots who think its damn fun to play with their food at fast food restaurants dunking their burgers whole in soft drinks, spilling the stuff all over the table and walking away, kids who order alot of stuff, eating till their stomaches pop and the food exits via their mouth, etc.

Tell me abt uncouth behaviour again.

It is part of our culture that we dont clear our trays so why do the extraordinary by clearing your trays? I am not clearing my trays not cos I want to act like a king but look at who are clearing your trays,

1) Elderly
    2) Mentally disabled

These true blood SINGAPOREANS are working as our govt feels more welfare will erode their work ethics so they work..... they do the only job that employers can give them due to their condition. If all of us decide to be civil and clear the trays then won't they be fired? As now you dont need to employ them to do this job. Cost saving and more profits to the boss, no more job for these people who really need it. So dont clear your trays.... unless you want to take away the job from our fellow SINGAPOREAN.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123