Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kinabalu Trekking

It's actually not that difficult. Everyone can go up to the top if he/she has has perseverance. I saw people younger than 10 and older than 50 going up (not sure if on top), so what to complain? Tell yourself, I MUST ARRIVE AT THE TOP, then u WILL achieve it...

One tip: dun book your package in KK, more expensive. Go directly to the mountaint, cheaper there. Taxi or minibus are cheap, just need to share with others and negotiate the price.

Exclamation

Oh ya, you better make advance booking because end of May and early June is the peak season in Sabah as school holidays as well as public holidays begin. So people around Sabah will driving to KK and stay for a few days or even a week. Hotels are always fully occupied!!!

This is also happening the same at Mt Kinabalu national park. If you go straight up without any booking, though lots of private chalets and mountain resorts around still you will hardly find any vacancy.
    Last edited by shorty; 5th March 2003 at 06:39 PM.

Originally posted by romeobravo
    I'm not sure. What's the best time go there?
    I don't want getting there and end up with cloudy weather or even worse, rain
    actually this month is best time to go, check here
    for monthly averages table of rain in Kinabalu.
    I was there march last year, no rain, clear sky.

http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/Di...471&Units=both

nikonnd02
    Guests

I must be getting old.... all u guys seem to have no problem going up!!!

Just go.

Dun worry about the weather and stuff.

Just do it.

....at your own pace of course. tomshen

tomshen is rite, there were some elderly couples (Germans and English) on the final climb. We took turns to overtake each other, while the other rested for a few mins.

On the decend, we, the younger ones, lost out to a 60 yrs old grandma from Aust. !!! We were already, skipping steps on the way down. She with her small backpack sprint passed us.

Maluation of the highest order

Forgot to mention. On returned to hotel in KK, i got a footflectologist to work 1 hr on my feet. My 2 other friend, chickened out seeing the pain that I was suffering from, with the Ooo and ahhhh... as sound effect. Next morning, I was walking all over the place, looking for my fav fish-meat noodles. The 2 buddies of mine, had to use a walking stick..... Heng ah....

So how Romeobravo???
    Confirm that we will go up on 1st of May>???
    Shall we meet someday to plan up our trip and get to know each othet before going up there???

Any other interested, please donnot hesitate to join us.

Yo! Monkey....
    Check your PM, it's full. I'll contact you through PM.

Hei Romeo, sorry for my inbox being overloaded. But now it is already cleared up. U can send pm to m enow.

So much about going up... so how r u coming down? another long walk?
    Olympus EM-1, 7-14/2.8, 12-40/2.8, 40-150/2.8, 17/1.8, 25/1.2, 60/2.8

Girish
    Guests

Thumbs up

Hey Guys I'm interested too. Does anyone knows how long does it take normally to reach top?

You are always welcomed, Girish. As for about the travelling time to the top, please refer to the previous thread by those who have conquer the mountain. It is basically only need two days to go up to the top. First day, we will reach almost to the top and rest there to wait for the sunrise to come.

We will be going on first of may, do you have any problems with that???

Talking Saw your shots, Tom Shen

Hey, nice shots of my hometown...

So you stayed in Promenade hotel and to Manukan island.

When you were at the hotspring, I believe you didn finish the trek towards the end which is the waterfall. But those who might go there, becarefuk the leeches at the ground as well as those falling from the tree tops. Oh ya, you can also find some green or yellow colour leeches.

One more thing, on the way to mountain kinabalu, you will drive pass Tamparuli ( a small town)which is showned in Tom Shen's picture of the iron bridge, that place has a local market, we called "tamu". I forgot the actual time, you guys can ask the drivers about it.

Oh ya, on your way up to the mountain, i would advice you not to drink those water from the tank. Not that the dirty of human kind but the possibility of nature insects eggs laid in it. So bring along a bottle. I only drink water on the top part of the mountain, which is on the ground of rocks face. the water really taste sweet and cool.

bring some lime skin or orange skin (cheng pi mei) for the sake that if you feel dizzy or what on your ride or high altitude.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12