View Poll Results: I am a vegatarian because:

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • of religion

    6 6.19%
  • I've been brought up that way since birth or when young

    3 3.09%
  • I believe animal meat is bad for health

    10 10.31%
  • I don't support animal torture

    14 14.43%
  • Others (care to share)

    7 7.22%
  • NO, I am a meat-eater cos I love the taste of meat too much to give up

    70 72.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 226

Thread: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

  1. #141
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Hiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

    Jus heard that there is a new stall at harbour front at food junction? anyone can verify?
    thks!

  2. #142

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    But do they still operate till 1 or 2 am nowadays?
    yes they do. personally know the stall people. =)

    and kingdom @ suntec sky garden closed, because the stall beside (indichine) took over. Indichine is vegetarian too (non garlic / onion eaters, please tell them before ordering).

    Indichine is not bad, but the price is scary!

  3. #143
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Hi! Guys n Gals below are the food that i learn to cook at my friends place:





  4. #144
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?





    Errr....If u dun drool it is perfectly normal becos of a bad cook n a bad photographer! Pardon my lousy skills! -_-|||

  5. #145
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Hi melvin,

    I was a vegetarian for 11 years, then went overseas and had to try everything different countries ate.

    That broke the it for me.

    True !

    I was looking at your deliceous array of food you have shown and without thinking "meat/ no meat"

    I am now wanting to eat it all.

    Come and cook for me and I will live a happy and better life .... a little fatter also
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  6. #146
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hi melvin,

    I was a vegetarian for 11 years, then went overseas and had to try everything different countries ate.

    That broke the it for me.

    True !

    I was looking at your deliceous array of food you have shown and without thinking "meat/ no meat"

    I am now wanting to eat it all.

    Come and cook for me and I will live a happy and better life .... a little fatter also

    Wow ... vegeterian for 11yrs...my senoir ... Hmmm....Err... is it really a must to try everything different country eat ...?

    cook for u?..... if u dun my a lousy cook...dun looks good dun taste good...

  7. #147
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post

    Wow ... vegeterian for 11yrs...my senoir ... Hmmm....Err... is it really a must to try everything different country eat ...?

    cook for u?..... if u dun my a lousy cook...dun looks good dun taste good...
    Hi melvin,

    It was a long long time ago yet I yearn for the decipline I had within myself again.

    I was 16 when I decided to become vegetarian and it was 27 when I first went overseas.

    I am now twice that age (OH NO, everyone thinks I am younger from my looks ).

    I guess I am getting closer to changing back to what I know is right for me just as I know that I will give up smoking.

    I know and realise this. Every day is one less day of getting better throughout.

    I know within myself that it will not be a weening process but rather an imidiate switch.

    So far I have put it off for selfish reasons (too easy to not do it. it is a habbit).

    But, I have other thoughts about how I want to feel in life and how I used to feel.

    I want it back.

    Ahhhhhhh why did this thread get started.

    Ok, OK, I have settled down. I will revive this thread (if it goes to sleep) to let you know if I wake up to myself.

    Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  8. #148
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Hi melvin,

    It was a long long time ago yet I yearn for the decipline I had within myself again.

    I was 16 when I decided to become vegetarian and it was 27 when I first went overseas.

    I am now twice that age (OH NO, everyone thinks I am younger from my looks ).

    I guess I am getting closer to changing back to what I know is right for me just as I know that I will give up smoking.

    I know and realise this. Every day is one less day of getting better throughout.

    I know within myself that it will not be a weening process but rather an imidiate switch.

    So far I have put it off for selfish reasons (too easy to not do it. it is a habbit).

    But, I have other thoughts about how I want to feel in life and how I used to feel.

    I want it back.

    Ahhhhhhh why did this thread get started.

    Ok, OK, I have settled down. I will revive this thread (if it goes to sleep) to let you know if I wake up to myself.

    Cheers
    Well good u know that u know what is best for u! I am sure u are able to break ur habbit!

  9. #149
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Hi melvin,

    The food looks really appetising

  10. #150
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabbiex View Post
    Hi melvin,

    The food looks really appetising
    Really arh? thanks! but me still learning...... got a long long way to go... M sure u can do better! Post some pic of your master piece, will be waiting for ur post

    Cheers!

  11. #151
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?



    Oopps! carrot out of position!




    Sorry for the blurr tofu! -_-|||

  12. #152
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Hi everyone, forgot to say after viewing the pic pls C n C on the arrangement of the food, decorations / placement? to make them more presentable really got problem wif the arranging n stuffs more guidance needed!

    Thanks! a million in advance!

  13. #153

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post


    Oopps! carrot out of position!




    Sorry for the blurr tofu! -_-|||
    hi, melivin

    great pics and looks delicious....


  14. #154
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by tigeramk_007 View Post
    hi, melivin

    great pics and looks delicious....

    Thanks! Great pics? Yours better! Waiting for yours! Post Post Post!

  15. #155
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Yo! guys
    How about we go to: http://www.btrts.org.sg/VesakOpening..._Carnival.html

    We go on 31/05/07.(its aholiday rite?)
    Pls add ur nick below then we can go shoot n eat!
    Timing we confirm again!
    location will most likely be Nee Ann City.
    Hope to have participants more better so that we can learn from each other!

    Name list:
    1.Melvin
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.


    Or u guys wanna go for the light up?:http://www.btrts.org.sg/VesakOpening...k_LightUp.html

    on the 19/05/07
    Last edited by melvin; 5th May 2007 at 02:39 PM.

  16. #156
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Really arh? thanks! but me still learning...... got a long long way to go... M sure u can do better! Post some pic of your master piece, will be waiting for ur post

    Cheers!
    I only know how to cook instant noodles and spaghetti If you want to see my master piece, may have to wait for a very long time

  17. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    62

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Yo! guys
    How about we go to: http://www.btrts.org.sg/VesakOpening..._Carnival.html

    We go on 31/05/07.(its aholiday rite?)
    Pls add ur nick below then we can go shoot n eat!
    Timing we confirm again!
    location will most likely be Nee Ann City.
    Hope to have participants more better so that we can learn from each other!

    Name list:
    1.Melvin
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.


    Or u guys wanna go for the light up?:http://www.btrts.org.sg/VesakOpening...k_LightUp.html

    on the 19/05/07
    Is this the same carnival as the one held at Ngee Ann City last year? Going to KMSPKS so will not be able to join you. Might drop by the carnival after that though. Enjoy yourself

  18. #158

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by wazzup View Post
    How come only animals have rights? Don't trees, flowers (lettuce, cabbage), roots, grass have their rights to live too? How come people still step on grass, cut trees, harvest vegetables etc?

    Heehee...

    If you can live on air, soil and water alone, then more power.
    There are differences. Let me ask you, do trees flowers, plants have conciousness? do trees flowers, plants have the ability to make decisions? You tell me.

  19. #159
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Hi everyone, forgot to say after viewing the pic pls C n C on the arrangement of the food, decorations / placement? to make them more presentable really got problem wif the arranging n stuffs more guidance needed!

    Thanks! a million in advance!
    my usual CnC reply...

    Check focusing.
    Color need some boosting
    try to add some light into the picture...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  20. #160
    Senior Member melvin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,681

    Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    my usual CnC reply...

    Check focusing.
    Color need some boosting
    try to add some light into the picture...
    Thanks bro! will take note!
    How about the arrangement? decoration?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •