• I don't support animal torture

14 14.43%
  • Others (care to share)

7 7.22%
  • NO, I am a meat-eater cos I love the taste of meat too much to give up

70 72.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

Deregistered

Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    just one question that I always wanted to ask but dont know who to ask. Those indian vegetarian places in Serangoon. Not restaurants, those fast food type. Why is it that we are paying cut throat prices for vegetables that are dirt cheap compared to meat in the markets?? A piece of roti which is flour and water cost 2 bucks.... anyone?
    High rentals in Serangoon.One ground floor shophouse facing main road abt 15-20k per month. Lot of other reasons as well but this is the main one

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    If u're into animal rights and stuff like that, being a vegetarian is not enough. Be a vegan. If u can be one, I'll

A vegetarian only do not eat meat but he can/might use leather stuffs and other animal products. A vegan=totally no animal products and food. Butter and eggs also Not easy. Everything u buy/use, u have to know its origins and things used to make it.

There is not point being a vegetarian if u're into animal rights. Using animal products like leather etc is also killing animals.
    I totally agree with you that being a vegetarian is not enough to totally be off the animal cruelty thing. But this guy already has a problem being a vegetarian, it seems. It might be impossible for him to be a vegan straightaway that that might discourage him altogether. Let's not ask him to jump stage. First try to be a vegetarian and if you are successful, you can condider being a vegan. In fact, most vegans i know of (unless cultivated from young by family) start be being a vegetarian first, then as their conviction grew, they decided to become vegan.

And its not no point in being a vegetarian. The biggest use of animals is for food. A non-vegetarian may eat meat 3 times a day but do you buy a leather wallet everyday? And how much eggs, milk and butter can you use in a day (most Asian pple are not like ang mos who drink milk everyday)? By being a vegetarian, even though not a vegan, you can cut down on the use of animal products by 70-90%. That's not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    I myself is getting sick of all the meat that I am eating and am intending to try vegetarian for a while to see what it can do for me... too much rich foods here in Singapore... LOL.
    u need some time to feel the difference as it will not be immediate... diff ppl diff timing...... so got to be patience.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    u need some time to feel the difference as it will not be immediate... diff ppl diff timing...... so got to be patience.
    But what kind of time period are you talking about? 3 months, a year, or maybe forever?

I am just reinterating what I said before. Feel free to be a vegeterian or a vegan. That is fine with me.

Please do not push your believes down my throat.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

But what kind of time period are you talking about? 3 months, a year, or maybe forever?
    Depending on the types of diff u wanna see... normally will take about 2 weeks - 3months depending on each individual how their body adapt to changes ......

The most common u feel or hear ppl say after having a vege meal they will feel hungry easily... thats almost instant no need a few days...

U will feel more refreshed or so call more alert... these will fall between a few days to 1 week or so...

Depending on the types of diff u wanna see... normally will take about 2 weeks - 3months depending on each individual how their body adapt to changes ......

The most common u feel or hear ppl say after having a vege meal they will feel hungry easily... thats almost instant no need a few days...

U will feel more refreshed or so call more alert... these will fall between a few days to 1 week or so...
    Thanks for the info... me go swallow a whole lettuce for dinner... ha ha ha... but seriously, I will try going Veg for a month and see what happens from there...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I am just reinterating what I said before. Feel free to be a vegeterian or a vegan. That is fine with me.

Please do not push your believes down my throat.

Thanks for the info... me go swallow a whole lettuce for dinner... ha ha ha... but seriously, I will try going Veg for a month and see what happens from there...
    But the whole series of changes will oni complete after at least 3years (dats the average time need to change our Blood)

But the whole series of changes will oni complete after at least 3years (dats the average time need to change our Blood)
    Wow... change our blood? You got a vampire friend that can speed this up? Just kidding...

Wow... change our blood? You got a vampire friend that can speed this up? Just kidding...
    My Vampire friend r like dark wing duck onli like TOMATOES

Ya ... u will know that when u r less prone to sickness then before(less prone doesnt mean wont fall sick), blood clot slightly faster then u normally will, recover from sickness or heals from injuries slightly faster then u normally do...

The color of ur blood looks nicer, brighter n so call 'fresher'...

My Vampire friend r like dark wing duck onli like TOMATOES

Ya ... u will know that when u r less prone to sickness then before(less prone doesnt mean wont fall sick), blood clot slightly faster then u normally will, recover from sickness or heals from injuries slightly faster then u normally do...

The color of ur blood looks nicer, brighter n so call 'fresher'...
    This I have to agree. Ever since cutting down on meats, I have been feeling younger than before. And the body recovers from flu in a couple of days without medication... just loads of water and sleep.

Wow... now you are tempting me to go all herbivore!

This I have to agree. Ever since cutting down on meats, I have been feeling younger than before. And the body recovers from flu in a couple of days without medication... just loads of water and sleep.

Wow... now you are tempting me to go all herbivore!
    For me after so many yrs my recovery was also faster then before onli fall sick once in a blue moon!

Well if u think of going all the way then mai tu liao GOGOGO!!!

For me after so many yrs my recovery was also faster then before onli fall sick once in a blue moon!

Well if u think of going all the way then mai tu liao GOGOGO!!!
    Yup. That is what I intend to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Visu101 View Post
    High rentals in Serangoon.One ground floor shophouse facing main road abt 15-20k per month. Lot of other reasons as well but this is the main one
    so it means that actually indian vegetarian is not so ex? I really enjoy indian vegetarian but just that it is too ex to eat everyday at serangoon. So have to stick to chinese food, rice with tofu and vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    so it means that actually indian vegetarian is not so ex? I really enjoy indian vegetarian but just that it is too ex to eat everyday at serangoon. So have to stick to chinese food, rice with tofu and vegetables.
    There r quite alot of chiense Vege foodstall n restruant that was mention in this thread u need more can just let us know i m sure we will help if we know ...

There r quite alot of chiense Vege foodstall n restruant that was mention in this thread u need more can just let us know i m sure we will help if we know ...
    haha what I mean is cheap indian vegetarian. Chinese vegetarian not so much a prob. Easily found. Its the indian ones that cost 6 plus to 10 plus per meal. Tah boleh tahan...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    if inhabit outerspace, sooner or later, they will destroy that planet -- after consuming all it's natural resouces, ate up all the aliens as food, pollute that planets and set up a king
    By king, do you mean Elvis ?

Are you really telling me he is NOT dead
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast