• I don't support animal torture

14 14.43%
  • Others (care to share)

7 7.22%
  • NO, I am a meat-eater cos I love the taste of meat too much to give up

70 72.16%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

Default Re: POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    How many of you are vegetarians and why?
    Eating Korean Instant Noodles everyday can count as a vegetarian or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    comes from animal origins.

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    The whole problem is that we've forgotten (or rather chosen to forget) how to live in harmony with nature.
    Mankind thinks that he is superior to all living beings - he has a greater 'right' to live on this planet. Yeah, really ? He can kill animals, plunder (mother) earth. What an irony !!! We say mother earth on one hand and yet destroy her - call it global warming, clearing of rain forests or extinction of living species.
    Its a definite recipe for disaster. The telltale signs are there, but once again we are happily ignoring them. We don't know how the earth will be 100 years from now...

Sorry, this topic was about Vegetarians, but I got side tracked.

Peace.
    agreed. as long as we go against the initial Design, we are going to be doom, sooner or later.

depends on which brand of K instant noodles.

depends on your definition of vegetarians

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    comes from animal origins.
    Which animal does noodle come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    agreed. as long as we go against the initial Design, we are going to be doom, sooner or later.
    like what stephen hawking said, the only way mankind can survive, is to inhabitat outerspace. i add, if man dun kill themselves.

the soup base quite likely from chicken right? not sure myself.

noodle's shape like long worms. hmm.. maybe they come from worm?

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    like what stephen hawking said, the only way mankind can survive, is to inhabitat outerspace. i add, if man dun kill themselves.
    if inhabit outerspace, sooner or later, they will destroy that planet -- after consuming all it's natural resouces, ate up all the aliens as food, pollute that planets and set up a king

noodle's shape like long worms. hmm.. maybe they come from worm?
    yummy. high in proteins, low in fat.

This post is motivated by the following discussion from InitialE24:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=261515

It shows a video of how cruelly animals are treated for their meat. It's not just the terrible torture that they go thru....(it's really disgusting how the poor animals are being treated!) it's the bad stuffs we are taking in too!

For those who are vegetarians, do you have problems when it comes to eating out? I always use this as an excuse for not becoming one.

Where do you normally eat and how do you ensure you get your daily nutritional needs especially if you are active in sports?
    check this out:
    http://www.godsdirectcontact.org/veg/alternativeliving/

meat is very nice

but for me, i still like seafood best
    Ten reason to be vege:
    http://www.godsdirectcontact.org/eng/article/veg10.html

Actually I believe and in fact have read that it's possible to get the same nutritional value in greens as in animals. But I know nuts about what to prepare. I'm also not one who likes to prepare food for work so eating out for lunch is the norm.

But if you look at the stuffs sold at your workplace, canteen, food court, most of them contain animal meat. There is sometimes the Chinese veg stall but I find them unhealthy as ironically, the oil they use is like And can't be eating from the same stall every day. So selection of food seems very limited.

So hope the veg people will kindly share some ideas how you do it so veg-to-be can learn? Tnx!
    Regarding preparation of vege food:http://www.godsdirectcontact.org/veg...ecipe/menu.htm

Vegetarian Nobel Laureates and Scientists:http://www.godsdirectcontact.org/eng/news/161/vg1.htm

I think its crap to say that eating meat is more healthier OR being a vegan is healthier.

Eveything depends on how much you eat. Moderation and balance is the key.

I do not think human can be born a vegetarian. Try feeding your new born baby or toddler with NO milk and proper meat and you wont see your baby grow mentally or physically very well.

I have nothing against vegetarians but sometimes i am annoyed by some of those who claim to be vegan to be pure. When the vegetarian food is served, they exclaimed "wow, the mock char siew very nice, the mock duck looks very very real and nice!" (Though eating flour, their heart is still thinking of meat)

And one last thing, why must they make the vegetarian food looks exactly like the real 'sinful' food?
    Last edited by ianpaice; 27th February 2007 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianpaice View Post
    I think its crap to say that eating meat is more healthier OR being a vegan is healthier.

I do not think human can be born a vegetarian. Try feeding your new born baby or toddler with NO milk and proper meat and you wont see your baby grow mentally or physically very well.

I have nothing against vegetarians but sometimes i am annoyed by some of those who claim to be vegan to be pure. When the vegetarian food is served, they exclaimed "wow, the mock char siew very nice, the mock duck looks very very real and nice!" (Though eating flour, their heart is still thinking of meat)

And one last thing, why must they make the vegetarian food looks exactly like the real 'sinful' food?
    Whats there to be annoyed of?

The purpose of mock meat is to encourage non-vegeterians to let them know that there is alot variety it is for those vegeterians wanna be so that the will not feel sian from the start!
    Nowadays except for mock char siew n duck are made of flour the rest abt 90% is being made of beans, mushroom etc....

Those who are long enough they actually eat less of mock, we take more vegies.

Agreed that eating in moderation is certainly the best.

As for babies not eating meat, I know of friends' babies that do not eat meat at all but only feed on mother's milk and vegetables. Surprising the babies turned out much bigger in size than normal kids of the same age and apart from that, they are no different from other babies.

We live in a fallen world, most people try to better themselves, but no one being perfect, there will always be the desire and temptation around. Anyway, an exclamation of them saying something is nice does not a sinner make.

As to why vegetarian food looks like real food, instead of looking at the bad side, it may actually be a good stepping stone for vegetarian-to-bes?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Bro,
    You know what nature has decided for babies ? Mother's milk
    The purest form of nutrition, no need to sterilize bottles, no need to worry about milk allergies etc. etc. Breast fed babies are the ones that grow mentally and physically very well and have the best immunity
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Quote Originally Posted by kyp_13 View Post
    Agreed that eating in moderation is certainly the best.

As for babies not eating meat, I know of friends' babies that do not eat meat at all but only feed on mother's milk and vegetables. Surprising the babies turned out much bigger in size than normal kids of the same age and apart from that, they are no different from other babies.

We live in a fallen world, most people try to better themselves, but no one being perfect, there will always be the desire and temptation around. Anyway, an exclamation of them saying something is nice does not a sinner make.

As to why vegetarian food looks like real food, instead of looking at the bad side, it may actually be a good stepping stone for vegetarian-to-bes?

Just my 2 cents worth.
    I do agree alot of my friends whose babies have been eating vegeterian snice they are in the womb they all grew up strong n healthy.

Issit? That I not too sure bro.

But I know after the toddler reaches the age of 2 onwards, a diet consisting of milk and lots of fish especially is considered impt for the child.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    I do agree alot of my friends whose babies have been eating vegeterian snice they are in the womb they all grew up strong n healthy.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast