Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paintball Outing

Default Re: Paintball Outing

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    It will most likely be on a Sunday morning as I believe some of those interested might be still on 5.5 work days.

Just wondering, can we bring our own paintball ammo?
    I reckon you must check with the people who owns the paintball yard and see what they say...

Sounds interesting.. If I don't need to work that day, I'd definitely go..
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    the shooter will need to buy more filters as protection..
    More likely they will need a set of peel off filter (like what the motorcycle racers use on their visors for competetion).

Blog Entries

there is another version of this - and heck lot cleaner too!

http://www.combatlasersingapore.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nikonrus View Post
    More likely they will need a set of peel off filter (like what the motorcycle racers use on their visors for competetion).
    i was referring to the impact of the bullets on the filters...not the paint smear...
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post

but the weapons are not as "cool" looking...

what's a "war game" without dirt and pain?
    eat. drink. shoot

Blog Entries

but the weapons are not as "cool" looking...

what's a "war game" without dirt and pain?
    true. but its sure lot safer for who ever's covering the event...

i am in!... i played it a few times... can die... worst then running SOC 10 times... the lazer war thingy less shiok as this... when u can hear the tut tut tut of the paintballs wizzing pass ur ears...

looks fun and cheaper, but dun hav the siong feeling when seeing the paint flying.... i remember whn i first play, ended up throwing away the shirt...*stupid paint*

for cost wise, Laser, from their site seems like they do hav a house to play in... not much hot sun
    Last edited by compro_1975; 28th February 2007 at 05:35 PM.

Sorry, edited to include quote below. ^^;
    Last edited by lovestained; 28th February 2007 at 06:53 PM.

It will most likely be on a Sunday morning as I believe some of those interested might be still on 5.5 work days.

In SDC, they'll provide the ammo for you.

By the way, in SDC, the armour provided is just an ammo vest and a mask which leaves the back of your head and neck susceptible to shots. I don't know whether they've improved on the protection already because the last time I worked there was in January. And by the way, the area of play is very small and limited (slightly smaller than a football field).

Hope this helps.

SDC using AR15 replica gun. Paintball pellets are smaller and magazine based. Ammo is reloaded and unloaded just a like a real AR15. Only think lacking is recoil, gunpowder smell and loud gunshot. Protective vest is more like an SBO with 4 magazine pouches for you to put your mags in. Very cool I say to those who miss firing a gun or those who never hold one before. If you slow to reload, and the enemy knows, get ready to be shot. And because they using small pellets, the impact can be quite "shiok". Lol. Oh yes, you are supposed to and can cross into enemy territory, 3m minimum firing distance tho (but in the heat of the moment things do get forgotten, but the umpires will yell at you lah), so things can get very very exciting cos you never know if theres anyone around the corner. Smaller area than OCC but faster and more exciting gameplay. Biggest obstacle is a big round waist level maze. So lots of thigh work.

Cons are, smaller pellets not very accurate over 6m, sometimes magazines can drop out and spill your ammo which cannot be reloaded in, IA issues (shoot but no pellet come out, only air). Even then you will still get a lot of shots out very quickly if you're as trigger happy as i am. The pros, see above para.

OCC using standard paintball gun and pellet. Cannot cross into enemy territory. But more reliable weapons, cleaner masks, larger area to play in. Pellet is larger than SDC, so can travel further more accurately and impact can be quite shiok too.

Paintball!! I'm a sucker for paintball. Last game I played was back in 2004 in Perth.

A group of my friends & I (about 20+ in total) actually planned to go to SDC for paintball last weekend but it got cancelled due to the heavy rain.

This is the website for CrossFire at SDC.

However, I understand that in S'pore Orchid Country Club, the field is divided into 2 and you cannot cross the line into enemy territory. Is this true for CrossFire as well?

I simply think that this 'rule' defeats the purpose of paintball. If I have to be >20 metres away, randomly shooting at a person and hoping 1 shot hits the target, then I'm out.

I highly doubt that you will be allowed to bring/use your own paintball ammo as they have the potential to jam up their guns. You can always call them to enquire.

Ok.. seems like there is quite a few members here keen... lets start a list!!!

1.Klose
    2.Zekai
    3.Wolfie?
    4.Octane

1.Klose
    2.Zekai
    3.Wolfie?
    4.Octane
    5. compro_1975(price is an issue, would re-consider if too high)

For SDC,
    it's $30 person?

ammo?

This has completely slipped my mind. Too busy with muggin

there is another version of this - and heck lot cleaner too!http://www.combatlasersingapore.com/
    but the weapons are not as "cool" looking... .....what's a "war game" without dirt and pain?
    yeah. paintball guns is so ugly and these laser gun is even more uglier. i doubt there's not even a slightest recoil and sound too.

ups for the TS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12