Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2006 A Level students come in!

Default Re: 2006 A Level students come in!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Merit.. =D

Yeah, results are not everything, really. How do you put it - it's the same for everything, so long as you know you've put in the best you think you wanted to.. That should be that.
    ah, that's it ... paiseh i never study S paper one, too stupid for that already. somemore almost asked to quit FM because i was like never passing a single test ... shock my tutor when i score a B, though my classmates all score A

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    yah, congrats to those who scored well ... and for those who don't, move on and there's always chance to do well later, even in non-academic stuff.

btw the most bizarre thing i saw before was when my friend scored 4As, 1 S distinction, 1 S pass (was it called credit?) GP A1 and she cried like the world is going to end the next minute ... just because she didn't get a distinction in 1 S paper
    guess what, i just heard from a friend that someone in rj got the EXACT same scores as me. he is suffering depression now.

i feel guilty feeling happy already.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    guess what, i just heard from a friend that someone in rj got the EXACT same scores as me. he is suffering depression now.

huh? depression ah? oh well ... ... ...

ah, that's it ... paiseh i never study S paper one, too stupid for that already. somemore almost asked to quit FM because i was like never passing a single test ... shock my tutor when i score a B, though my classmates all score A
    cool....... btw, tell you fact. this year's batch is the last batch taking FM. so sad. moe removed it from the new syllabus.

Pfbt, take S paper =/= intelligence, I know so many idiots who take S papers and so many geniuses who don't take S papers.. =D =D =D

What matters is whether one is happy with his result, no need to compare to anyone else!

cool....... btw, tell you fact. this year's batch is the last batch taking FM. so sad. moe removed it from the new syllabus.
    because you all too smart already, FM now should be too easy liao, next time will be SM (Super Maths)

Like I've told some here, that year when I got my results, erm like a way long time ago, I think, my Civics Tutor handed me the wrong result slip.

If AAAC get depression, then the person confirm harikiri already. My heart did skip a beat there though. =D

because you all too smart already, FM now should be too easy liao, next time will be SM (Super Maths)
    SM

Lucky you put Super Maths, if not I won't think of it. =D

also to add, there's very little correlation between A level score and university performance, so for those who do badly, it's still a long way. in fact those who do well in universities are often average scorers from what i saw.

hee hee. but FM this year was indeed easy. was bad news to some actually, cos this means a single careless mistake can cos an unfair drop of serveral grades, rather than really showing what the real standards the student is.

also to add, there's very little correlation between A level score and university performance, so for those who do badly, it's still a long way. in fact those who do well in universities are often average scorers from what i saw.
    sigh. but if results not good, can't even step into the uni in the first place.

sigh. but if results not good, can't even step into the uni in the first place.
    aiyoh ... what is the world coming to? anyway, my time even if you only just pass for everything, you still can get a place in NUS arts and soci

omgoodeness. i feel like laughing.

in acjc, when you get 3As and above, you can go on stage to take your cert and then the whole cohort would have their photo taken.

my friend told me rjc got like, ermm,.......... 961(!) pp getting 3As and above..................................... woah,................. i can't believe how big their stage must be if they do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    More people are getting As each year... Shld have stricter moderation
    don't like your handwriting minus marks?!

Haha. In RJ pple 3A's get depressed liao. The thing is, as someone said earlier my results aren't what the scholarship pple have in mind. Maybe if I do well during interview then can la.

=)
    QX

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
    Haha. In RJ pple 3A's get depressed liao. The thing is, as someone said earlier my results aren't what the scholarship pple have in mind. Maybe if I do well during interview then can la.

=)
    QX
    you lost half the battle even before fighting it. if you keep thinking that your result is not what the scholarship people want, be prepared to fall into a self prophecy. your lack of confidence will simply give you away in an interview.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123