Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lexar Professional CF card problem

Default Lexar Professional CF card problem

Background information:
    I got my Lexar Professional CompactFlash (2GB) card late last year around July 2006. So far, using it has been problem-free but last Saturday, my dSLR failed to read it when I tried to insert it in.

I've tried to format it, however Windows can't seem to complete the formatting for some reason. For the record, I've never put my CF card near water, dropped it from a height more than 2m, or done anything that would warrant a defection.

I've checked the Lexar website, however it doesn't seem to provide any contact information regarding the replacement of defective cards in Singapore. Would anyone here be able to help? Thanks a great deal! (:

Default Re: Lexar Professional CF card problem

tell me

your dslr can't read but does it mean it can't format too? i mean, format using your dslr?

sorry i don't know... maybe you try then tell me

Quote Originally Posted by lovestained View Post
    Background information:
    I got my Lexar Professional CompactFlash (2GB) card late last year around July 2006. So far, using it has been problem-free but last Saturday, my dSLR failed to read it when I tried to insert it in.

I've tried to format it, however Windows can't seem to complete the formatting for some reason. For the record, I've never put my CF card near water, dropped it from a height more than 2m, or done anything that would warrant a defection.

I've checked the Lexar website, however it doesn't seem to provide any contact information regarding the replacement of defective cards in Singapore. Would anyone here be able to help? Thanks a great deal! (:

Send it in to Convergent Systems at Albert Complex (near Sim Lim Square) to get it replaced. They are located on the 11th floor.

http://www.convergent.com.sg/

thanks for the information Adiemus (:

Quote Originally Posted by mcn View Post
    tell me

your dslr can't read but does it mean it can't format too? i mean, format using your dslr?

sorry i don't know... maybe you try then tell me
    Have just tried it, my camera just flashes the words "ERR 99" at me.

Canon DSLR ???

ERR 99 is something the camera software cannot deal with?

If trying another CF card doesn;t help, then a visit to Harbourfront is your destiny

Has been using 1 GB Lexar for more than 2 year and no problem with it.

Quote Originally Posted by mcn View Post
    Canon DSLR ???

ERR 99 is something the camera software cannot deal with?

If trying another CF card doesn;t help, then a visit to Harbourfront is your destiny
    I used another Lexar Professional (1GB) card. It works fine. I think the problem lies in the rogue card, not the dSLR. And anyway, I pass by Harbourfront when I go to work, so shouldn't be a problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by KayPunk View Post
    Has been using 1 GB Lexar for more than 2 year and no problem with it.
    ...and your point is?

Looks like a dodgy card to me. My Lexars (4 of them) used to give me weird errors occasionally. I did a 1-1 exchange at Covergent Systems for all 4 of them. Now they seem to work fine. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    Looks like a dodgy card to me. My Lexars (4 of them) used to give me weird errors occasionally. I did a 1-1 exchange at Covergent Systems for all 4 of them. Now they seem to work fine. Hope that helps. Cheers!
    thanks hazmee! I was really quite pissed when it couldn't work. Is there any relevant documents that I must bring along with me? Should I call ahead? This is my first time doing an equipment swap so apologies for the barrage of questions.

thanks hazmee! I was really quite pissed when it couldn't work. Is there any relevant documents that I must bring along with me? Should I call ahead? This is my first time doing an equipment swap so apologies for the barrage of questions.
    Hi lovestained, you don't have to bring any other documents besides your cards. They can track down the serial number. You can drop by their anytime during office hours. Hope that helps! Cheers!

If you have the recipts, just bring along. Just in case. If they never ask from you, then not much loss. If they do, at least you have them and they cannot refuse you with some lame excuse like "Oh, we cannot change for you without a recipt".
    Last edited by ipin; 28th February 2007 at 09:14 AM. Reason: changed the word from "with" to "without"

Quote Originally Posted by ipin View Post
    If you have the recipts, just bring along. Just in case. If they never ask from you, then not much loss. If they do, at least you have them and they cannot refuse you with some lame excuse like "Oh we cannot change for you with a recipt".
    very true...I knew someone who couldn't change card because lost the receipt and the company (not lexar...the other one ) didn't accept it...good to have even if only just in case...

hum lucky i still have the receipt

Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    very true...I knew someone who couldn't change card because lost the receipt and the company (not lexar...the other one ) didn't accept it...good to have even if only just in case...
    Huh!! Such things also happen?? But aye...well, with lifetime warranties comes their fine print...

I got mine replace but it doesn't come with box or anything. Rest of you? You get a retail box with the exchange?

I just went today and mine didn't come in the full box either. It just came in the plastic package with the STOP warning and text on it.

They didn't even ask for a proof of purchase, just took it, checked and gave me a new one within less than 5 minutes.

mine is not even in a plastic package with any sticker it just came with a cf card plastic case loh. the whole process took them 10 mintues. dunno what they doing. hahaha.

How come never ask? What if they just gave you a 2nd-hand card which they've "fixed"? I wouldn't know about this, but I assume that 1-to-1 swapping would entitle you to a brand-new card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast