Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool vs MU 3rd March!!!

Default Re: Liverpool vs MU 3rd March!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post

Once he goes Real Madrid, his career is over.
    ya
    fabio cannavaro... julio baptiste and david beckham...

the cemetery for superstar soccer players!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

24hrs left !!!

GO MAN U GO!!!

Last edited by melvin; 2nd March 2007 at 08:48 PM.

Silencing the Kop part II:

In Part II of our feature, we look back on more famous United victories at Anfield...

Norman Whiteside Liverpool 0 Manchester United 1, 26 December 1986
    With Paul McGrath out injured, and Bryan Robson playing in an unfamiliar role at centre-back, defending a seven-year unbeaten record on Sir Alex’s Anfield debut was never going to be an easy task. But from the moment United stepped off the coach, accompanied by ex-Liverpool boss Bob Paisley to promote unity between the clubs, the home side were on the back foot. Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish surprised the home support by playing Jan Molby as a fifth defender, but his decision backfired as the United midfield, led by Jesper Olsen, ran riot. The Merseysiders held out until Norman Whiteside smashed home a winner after a pass from Olsen on 78 minutes. “In the first half we were disorganised, which really is my fault,” Dalglish said in the post-match interview. “It was a disappointing display.” For Ferguson, however, it was a dream start.

Brian McClair Liverpool 1 Manchester United 2, 6 March 1993
    United hadn’t won at Anfield in six seasons but, more importantly, hadn’t won the league in 26. With only 11 matches of the season remaining, and having Aston Villa hot on their heels, this match represented United’s biggest obstacle. As half time approached with the score locked at 0-0, United fans were getting jumpy until a Ryan Giggs cross was met by a thumping Mark Hughes header, which thundered past David James. Their joy was short-lived, however, as an Ian Rush volley brought Liverpool level. Had United’s title yips struck again? No chance. On 56 minutes, a Lee Sharpe corner was flicked on by Gary Pallister and Brian McClair gleefully nodded home. “There’s a mood about usnow,” Ferguson said at the final whistle. “I can’t hide my pleasure at the result.” And as The Kop watched, United’s players and supporters finally began to believe that the title would soon be coming back to Old Trafford for the first time since 1967.

Andy Cole Liverpool 1 Manchester United 3, 19 April 1997
    It was billed as a title decider and, unfortunately for Liverpool fans, this match effectively was. United’s win, sealed by more kamikaze Liverpool defending, left them needing only five points from their last four games to claim the Premiership crown. An early Gary Pallister goal was cancelled out by John Barnes, but after Pallister had punished more sloppy defending before half-time Gary Neville went past Stig Bjornebye and crossed into the six-yard box. David James missed the ball to leave Cole a free header. Steve Bates of The People, wrote: “Not even a mug would bet against United now — and there were plenty of those playing in Liverpool colours yesterday. When you quieten the Kop you know you’ve done a number on Liverpool.” As Pallister and Cole danced a title jig at the final whistle, Liverpool’s spice boys hung their heads in shame.

Sandy Turnbull Liverpool 0 Manchester United 1, 1 April 1907
    As the reigning league champions, Liverpool’s directors had decided to build a huge cinder and brick bank at the Walton Breck end of Anfield to reward the fans for their support. But given United’s astonishing record of success at the ground it seems fitting that their first appearance in front of the new Kop ended in a 1-0 victory. Scotsman Sandy Turnbull (below) scored for United. Little more than pride was at stake in this match, with both United and Liverpool struggling in mid-table, but the win, and Turnbull’s goal laid a marker for the years to come.

Bobby Charlton Liverpool 1 Manchester United 4, 14 December 1969
    As reigning European Cup holders, United’s quest for another championship had begun unconvincingly. A 4-1 home defeat to Southampton, and another four-goal thrashing at City’s Maine Road had left them off the pace in the title race, but this display at Anfield did much to raise the spirits. United went one up when Ron Yeats scored an own goal, before Emlyn Hughes equalised for Liverpool when Alex Stepney dropped a 30-yard shot from Ian Callaghan. Goals from Ian Ure and Willie Morgan then put United in control before Bobby Charlton intervened to put matters beyond doubt. Describing Charlton’s performance, Tom German of The Times wrote: “He curled in the corners which brought the first two goals, aimed the shot which allowed the third and crowned it all seven minutes from the end with a Charlton thunderbolt.”
    The end of the 2parts of Silencing the Kop at Anfield!
    Last edited by melvin; 2nd March 2007 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    24hrs left !!!

GO MAN U GO!!!:devil:

go where? back to theatre of dreams...yeps...keep on dreaming...

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    go where? back to theatre of dreams...yeps...keep on dreaming...
    Ya! we will go back to theatre of dreams with 3pts to wrap up the title!!!
    Last edited by melvin; 2nd March 2007 at 08:52 PM.

The Liverpool FC Trophy Cabinet

League Champions European Cup FA Cup League Cup
    Liverpool 18 Real Madrid 9 Man-United 11 Liverpool 7
    Man-United 15 AC Milan 6 Arsenal 10 Aston Villa 5
    Arsenal 13 Liverpool 5 Spurs 8 Notts Forest 4
    Everton 9 Ajax 4 Liverpool 7 Leicester 3
    Aston Villa 7 Bayern Munich 4 Aston Villa 7 Spurs 3
    Newcastle 6

Who wants to work partime polishing Liverpool trophies?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Ya! we will go back to theatre of dreams with 3pts to wrap up the title!!!
    LoL..Anfield bro...dont dream...reality...

I know Anfield what i meant was go back theatre of dreams to celebrate after cliaming 3pts n wrap up title at Anfield!

I dun dream what i am stating is reality la...bro...

Come on... it's pointless... all these cheap talks.

Liverpool's superior record on almost all fronts speaks for itself.

There's only one RED in England. The other one; well; for some reason, they were named xxx

Three bullets gonna fly into the devils net come Saturday.
    And Reina is gonna keep a clean sheet AGAIN.

A goal from Riise -- direct from a free kick
    A belter from outside the D from Gerrard

... and... wait a minute... the best of them all ... a bullet header to his own net BY Rio FERDINAND while defending a corner.

Com'on you REDS!!!!!!

Ya man. Reality is Anfield is history!

Liverpool is England's most successful club, no doubt about it. BUT! TREBLE wu boh? Liverpool can never display all 3 trophy side by side won in a season. That means, they dun have a side that can be truely be called great.

When was the last time Liverpool beat Utd at Anfield? 2001? Wah lao, 2001! Reality is 2001 I still NSF! (I got the info from 'Here we go'. If wrong, dun flame me! lol)

I see the league table, really amaze me. Before the season start, everyone was saying it will be Liverpool who will be challanging Chelsea for the title after signing 'the nutter with the putter' and Man Utd sold RVN. So who is the one challanging Chelsea now? How many pts are Liverpool behind Man Utd?

RED DEVILS already owned Liverpool at Old Trafford this season. What an easy win. Time for Liverpool to win your souls back. If not, VANQUISH!
    Last edited by afbug; 2nd March 2007 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Ya man. Reality is Anfield is history!

Liverpool is England's most successful club, no doubt about it. BUT! TREBLE wu boh? Liverpool can never display all 3 trophy side by side won in a season. That means, they dun have a side that can be truely be called great.

When was the last time Liverpool beat Utd at Anfield? 2001? Wah lao, 2001! Reality is 2001 I still NSF!

I see the league table, really amaze me. Before the season start, everyone was saying it will be Liverpool who will be challanging Chelsea for the title after signing 'the nutter with the putter' and Man Utd sold RVN. So who is the one challanging Chelsea now? How many pts are Liverpool behind Man Utd?

RED DEVILS already owned Liverpool at Old Trafford this season. What an easy win. Time for Liverpool to win your souls back. If not, VANQUISH!
    TREBLE?? GOT!!!
    3 cup victories in one season! hoh seh boh?????

do i sense someone is cracking up under pressure?????

hahahaha maybe tomolo another win?

talk is cheap la. show me wat's its worth!! TOMOLO!! LAI!! who scare who? tortoise afraid of hammer!

tomolo ur manutd lose, will see ur manutd lose everything this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    TREBLE?? GOT!!!
    3 cup victories in one season! hoh seh boh?????

do i sense someone is cracking up under pressure?????

hahahaha maybe tomolo another win?

talk is cheap la. show me wat's its worth!! TOMOLO!! LAI!! who scare who? tortoise afraid of hammer!

tomolo ur manutd lose, will see ur manutd lose everything this season!
    What type of treble u got? UEFA cup?

Crack under pressure? Wah I can't wait for the match to start. 9pts lead over Chelsea and many over Liverpool. What is pressure is there? Utd lose, still at the top. Liverpool beat Utd 5 times also cannot overtake Man Utd. Heck! Lose 5 games for kicks also we're in front of Liverpool. Sad fact is: Man Utd is gunning for the title and Liverpool got nothing to play for except to win your souls back after that humilating defeat at Old Trafford. Sold your souls to the devil and i sincerly encourage Liverpool to win back. If not, I also disappinted!

Talk is cheap and all I see in this thread is talk between both sets of fans. But it adds more excitement doesn't it? Talk is cheap, the league table is priceless!

Liverpool can never display all 3 trophy side by side won in a season.
    R u sure Liverpool can never display all 3 trophies side by side won in a season...??

R u sure Liverpool can never display all 3 trophies side by side won in a season...??
    Unless u're talking about the 'mini' treble that is the UEFA, FA and League cup. The big one, cannot! At least not now.

Unless u're talking about the 'mini' treble that is the UEFA, FA and League cup. The big one, cannot! At least not now.
    lolZ , ya man they can only manage to get mini treble , ask them to get the 'MIGHTY' treble .. i think they might as well want to kill off themselves.. too hard for them

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    2001? UEFA Cup, FA Cup, League Cup. Of course not equivalent to MU's 1999 treble, but still 3 trophies rite?
    Yep, that was a pretty good year for them.

Anyway what does trebles count...its the total no. of trophies in your trophy cabinet that counts!
    Yep, but I have to say something we've got more of, right?

I remember there was at least one other time they won a "treble" rite?
    Yep, I think there was one other year with the FA Cup, the League Cup and the Coffee Cup.

it will be a bruising DRAW!

united up 3-0 by half time, pool level it 3-3 by FT!

one player sent off from each side!

What type of treble u got? UEFA cup?

Crack under pressure? Wah I can't wait for the match to start. 9pts lead over Chelsea and many over Liverpool. What is pressure is there? Utd lose, still at the top. Liverpool beat Utd 5 times also cannot overtake Man Utd. Heck! Lose 5 games for kicks also we're in front of Liverpool. Sad fact is: Man Utd is gunning for the title and Liverpool got nothing to play for except to win your souls back after that humilating defeat at Old Trafford. Sold your souls to the devil and i sincerly encourage Liverpool to win back. If not, I also disappinted!

Talk is cheap and all I see in this thread is talk between both sets of fans. But it adds more excitement doesn't it? Talk is cheap, the league table is priceless!
    huat ah!!!

lai ah!! who scare who ah??? see u at Anfield tomolo!! dun wet ur pants!!

wahahahaha

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 271011121314 ... LastLast