Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: 39th season of 叽喳 Weight Loss Cafe. Who's having piglet?

Default Re: 39th season of 叽喳 Weight Loss Cafe. Who's having piglet?

just came back from company dinner.. kena down at least 1,.5 bottle of red wine and half bottle of white wine..

really super high .iao.......................

should not dringk so much...

Default Re: 39th season of ?? Weight Loss Cafe. Who's having piglet?

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    Came back to change n saw this...

ur tank water condition is not suitable for the prawns...please check the PH value.
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by GENO View Post
    ur tank water condition is not suitable for the prawns...please check the PH value.
    ya should be... will go get the test kti if buying more shirmpk.. feel like going to puke.. sigh over dose liao...........

soma u better rest ba...

Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam View Post
    Hoh! So u civil engineer ar? SAme area as me n yokechye.... last time worked wif a big contractor firm... got an M/E engineer look like Thomas Ong...
    was civil engineer ... Now student.

Errrmm .. saw Thomas Ong last month in one of Holland V/ Buona Vista area kopitiam ta bao-ing some food. He now looked damn uncle and shabby (plus plump with beer belly!!!). And he was smoking like a chao ah beng in shabby T-shirt and berms. think he neber make it a point to maintain his looks.

just came back from company dinner.. kena down at least 1,.5 bottle of red wine and half bottle of white wine..

really super high .iao.......................

should not dringk so much...
    so you must be working "hard" tonite..... piglet is coming this year?

Quote Originally Posted by SQ123 View Post
    Engineers being paid alot meh?

then maybe I was in the wrong faculty of engineering lor.
    I thought i was just a highly educated work slave last time. Planning Engineer in name, but Bao kah liao Engineer for scope of work.

Scope of work includes: quantity survey, design work, part time driver to ferry workers and clerk of works and clients around, buy kopi and tea, site office cleaner, telephone operator, part time roller tractor & bulldozer driver, draftperson, monthly/weekly/daily reports, site progress photographer & video grapher, consellor for workers, site clerk, photocopying lady, PR to entertain clients, ta bao food during OT for workers and foremen, stationeries purchaser, secretary to record minutes of meeting, planning engineer, subcontractors coordinator, scape goat for project manager and GM, etc ... no wonder last time I worked 13days week also can't finish work.

Luckily being the only xiao mei mei on site, I get to enjoy some benefits (like free kopi or teh from the sub contractor uncles!) and dunnit to carry heavy stuffs.

So like that Satay still want to be engineer?!?
    somehow i am in your same shoe in my previous job.... i was an electrical engineer then...

ya should be... will go get the test kti if buying more shirmpk.. feel like going to puke.. sigh over dose liao...........
    yamato prawn are very hardy...maybe u flash them too much so they kill themselves. haha.

Red crystal PH value is diff with Cherry, so dont mix too.

u can put neon with red, candial with cherry...but funny thing is i did mix them all together, so far they are still kicking... but i cant find my reds..should be gone case too..hee hee
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    You driving?
    not i driving. my friend was. he made a turn n never notice a car just at his blindspot

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    so you must be working "hard" tonite..... piglet is coming this year?
    hmm... might just be in time for christmas this year

Quote Originally Posted by GENO View Post
    yamato prawn are very hardy...maybe u flash them too much so they kill themselves. haha.

Red crystal PH value is diff with Cherry, so dont mix too.

u can put neon with red, candial with cherry...but funny thing is i did mix them all together, so far they are still kicking... but i cant find my reds..should be gone case too..hee hee
    soma... learn from the pro...... his prawns now breed like nobody business....

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    cool. just finished the online application for ntu.
    first choice: physics/ applied physics.
    second choice: mech engineering
    third: maths science

but it doesn't really means that i have made up my choice, cos ntu more like a safety net in case i cannot enter or i cannot afford to go to my 1st choice uni, umich.

hee hee, but my dream choice always still MIT, however, i guess i have to wait for postgrad to go there, should be easier.
    i did physics (theory and applied) for degree and did a material eng in the next level. normally maths comes together with physics, and they cant be separated. u need maths to compliments physics. but this scenerio only applicable in the uni only. when u step into the real life, there are more things that u feel u are not aware of.

bottom line, study what u want to. u will still need to relearn when u go into the working life. degree is just a paper requirement, but what set u apart is your additional knowledge outside the boundary of your studies.

Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    i did physics (theory and applied) for degree and did a material eng in the next level. normally maths comes together with physics, and they cant be separated. u need maths to compliments physics. but this scenerio only applicable in the uni only. when u step into the real life, there are more things that u feel u are not aware of.

bottom line, study what u want to. u will still need to relearn when u go into the working life. degree is just a paper requirement, but what set u apart is your additional knowledge outside the boundary of your studies.
    actually, for me, i plan to go into the academia or research (therotical physics). so in a way, that's my planned working life. sigh, but i just worry about the prospects of doing this. like is the income good enough? will i suddenly burn out if the mid-term of my career etc. though i dun really care much about earning big bucks, the sad reality is that i have to earn enough to support myself, and also my family. i know i can never always be someone's son forever.

actually, for me, i plan to go into the academia or research (therotical physics). so in a way, that's my planned working life. sigh, but i just worry about the prospects of doing this. like is the income good enough? will i suddenly burn out if the mid-term of my career etc. though i dun really care much about earning big bucks, the sad reality is that i have to earn enough to support myself, and also my family. i know i can never always be someone's son forever.
    You have think too far ahead.... we all will not know what will happen in future... the area that you interested in may boom or may flop. Right now, just pursue what you interested in, you can't possible do well in those course that you are not interested in right? Just go for the course what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    You have think too far ahead.... we all will not know what will happen in future... the area that you interested in may boom or may flop. Right now, just pursue what you interested in, you can't possible do well in those course that you are not interested in right? Just go for the course what you like.
    my interest would be theoritical physics, but i dunno. physics doesn't seem to boom at all, cos there's simply no econimcal value to theortical physics. dun think string theories, black holes and multi-dimensional physics can ever place themselves in the economy.

i know some might say "you'll never know what surprises the future might hold", but i mean just you at theortical phsyics, it is really pure knowledge of what our world is at useless scales, which i am sooooo interested at(but the economy is not).

rather, engineering no matter what, is defintely a safer choice, the world always needs engineers. but sadly, i dun like practicals. i always loved theoretical than the practicals.

so right now, it is really a dillima between pursueing interests at a risk of low income, or pursuing stable jobs at the sacrifice of my life-long interest. i know not all engineers have high income, but as compare to physicists, enginners are definitely more stable.

btw, i think not far enough meh? i already thinking about supporting families leh.
    Last edited by satay16; 4th March 2007 at 01:13 PM.

my interest would be theoritical physics, but i dunno. physics doesn't seem to boom at all, cos there's simply no econimcal value to theortical physics. dun think string theories, black holes and multi-dimensional physics can ever place themselves in the economy.

i know some might say "you'll never know what surprises the future might hold", but i mean just you at theortical phsyics, it is really pure knowledge of what our world is at useless scales, which i am sooooo interested at(but the economy is not).

rather, engineering no matter what, is defintely a safer choice, the world always needs engineers. but sadly, i dun like practicals. i always loved theoretical than the practicals.

so right now, it is really a dillima between pursueing interests at a risk of low income, or pursuing stable jobs at the sacrifice of my life-long interest. i know not all engineers have high income, but as compare to physicists, enginners are definitely more stable.

btw, i think not far enough meh? i already thinking about supporting families leh.
    There still rooms for R&D side but are you capable of? there are so many engineers out there. From my batch, there are 3000 engineers graduates. How many job opportinuties are there? Even you graduate with an engineering degree, if you do not like engineering job, how are you going to perform? It is the same as you do not have the engineering degree.

Uncle reno! So early meet n play MH ar? Jialat... i think my PSP kana confiscated again... Caught for playing at nite while i suppose to sleep...
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

Be the next Stephen Hawking or write a book to prove or disprove his theory ....
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by hASHbrown_kopitiam View Post
    Uncle reno! So early meet n play MH ar? Jialat... i think my PSP kana confiscated again... Caught for playing at nite while i suppose to sleep...
    You another one who do not have self-control ....
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by SQ123 View Post
    was civil engineer ... Now student.

Errrmm .. saw Thomas Ong last month in one of Holland V/ Buona Vista area kopitiam ta bao-ing some food. He now looked damn uncle and shabby (plus plump with beer belly!!!). And he was smoking like a chao ah beng in shabby T-shirt and berms. think he neber make it a point to maintain his looks.
    Beer belly!!! aiyo.... then cmi liaoz....

SATAY: i thought you are still a secondary school student waiting for O levels results....
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale