Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: 39th season of 叽喳 Weight Loss Cafe. Who's having piglet?

Default Re: 39th season of 叽喳 Weight Loss Cafe. Who's having piglet?

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    my heart and dreams follows theoritical physics. but my father strongly oppose it. he say engineering is more practical, and definitely easier to get jobs as compared to a physicist. but he really have a point, and that pisses me off.
    haha....engineering is fun...if nt y u think here so many engineer....

Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

For me... I would rather have lesser pay for a job i like than more pay for a job i don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    haha....engineering is fun...if nt y u think here so many engineer....

but that's not what i like. i tried reading some textbooks of princeton's list in both mech engineering and pure physics. the physics definitely made me read and read. the mech engineering just not my taste.

but that's not what i like. i tried reading some textbooks of princeton's list in both mech engineering and pure physics. the physics definitely made me read and read. the mech engineering just not my taste.
    haha...go see other engineering lo...

there is so many area of engineering...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    For me... I would rather have lesser pay for a job i like than more pay for a job i don't like.
    but right now, my choices are between a physicist and an engineer. the pays are very greatly different. and my father gave me thise reality check. i will get married, i will have kids, and if your income isn't good enuf, you wun survive.

if i was choosing between subjects with close pays, it would have been easier. but physicist and engineer..................

my heart and dreams follows theoritical physics. but my father strongly oppose it. he say engineering is more practical, and definitely easier to get jobs as compared to a physicist. but he really have a point, and that pisses me off.
    engineering in singapore has been saturated... what kind of engineering you are going after? R&D or production.... drop your idea being an engineer... unless you going into R&D. The future market which i predict is service industry...

Came back to change n saw this...

Quote Originally Posted by Reno View Post
    most of us here are working adults... we got mechanical engineers, electronics engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, programmers, architech, server adminstrators.... etc... only 2 students here... you and dreamerz...
    Me also still a student leh.

but was a civil site engineer.

at last. reach home... almost had a car crash today

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post

ur both prawns really.......

but its a good picture

engineering is not bad.. u deal with things that dont talk back to you...

maybe i should gone for engineering field when i first started to work...

but right now, my choices are between a physicist and an engineer. the pays are very greatly different. and my father gave me thise reality check. i will get married, i will have kids, and if your income isn't good enuf, you wun survive.

if i was choosing between subjects with close pays, it would have been easier. but physicist and engineer..................
    Engineers being paid alot meh?

then maybe I was in the wrong faculty of engineering lor.
    I thought i was just a highly educated work slave last time. Planning Engineer in name, but Bao kah liao Engineer for scope of work.

Scope of work includes: quantity survey, design work, part time driver to ferry workers and clerk of works and clients around, buy kopi and tea, site office cleaner, telephone operator, part time roller tractor & bulldozer driver, draftperson, monthly/weekly/daily reports, site progress photographer & video grapher, consellor for workers, site clerk, photocopying lady, PR to entertain clients, ta bao food during OT for workers and foremen, stationeries purchaser, secretary to record minutes of meeting, planning engineer, subcontractors coordinator, scape goat for project manager and GM, etc ... no wonder last time I worked 13days week also can't finish work.

Luckily being the only xiao mei mei on site, I get to enjoy some benefits (like free kopi or teh from the sub contractor uncles!) and dunnit to carry heavy stuffs.

So like that Satay still want to be engineer?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SQ123 View Post

I thought i was just a highly educated work slave last time. Planning Engineer in name, but Bao kah liao Engineer for scope of work.

Scope of work includes: quantity survey, design work, part time driver to ferry workers and clerk of works and clients around, buy kopi and tea, site office cleaner, telephone operator, part time roller tractor & bulldozer driver, draftperson, monthly/weekly/daily reports, site progress photographer & video grapher, consellor for workers, site clerk, photocopying lady, PR to entertain clients, ta bao food during OT for workers and foremen, stationeries purchaser, secretary to record minutes of meeting, planning engineer, subcontractors coordinator, scape goat for project manager and GM, etc ... no wonder last time I worked 13days week also can't finish work.

Luckily being the only xiao mei mei on site, I get to enjoy some benefits (like free kopi or teh from the sub contractor uncles!) and dunnit to carry heavy stuffs.

ai yoh. your engineering different mah.

do what that interest u. after getting physics degree still can go do R&D work or join the academic line mah.
    professors also earning alot one leh ... Heard that some Uni profs getting 1 yr bonus this yr!

Hoh! So u civil engineer ar? SAme area as me n yokechye.... last time worked wif a big contractor firm... got an M/E engineer look like Thomas Ong...
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

cool. just finished the online application for ntu.
    first choice: physics/ applied physics.
    second choice: mech engineering
    third: maths science

but it doesn't really means that i have made up my choice, cos ntu more like a safety net in case i cannot enter or i cannot afford to go to my 1st choice uni, umich.

hee hee, but my dream choice always still MIT, however, i guess i have to wait for postgrad to go there, should be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post

you decided to fish it out and cook it?
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Me also still a student leh.

but was a civil site engineer.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by yokechye View Post
    at last. reach home... almost had a car crash today
    You driving?
    除了爱, 我一无所有

除了爱, 我一无所有