Thread: Photographers/Photographs that inspire you...

Default Photographers/Photographs that inspire you...

Hello all,

Few years back, a friend sent me a link to a Japanese photographer's website and his collection of photographs - knowing that I was very much fascinated by the Northern Lights - Aurora Borealis. The photographer's name is Norio Matsumoto.
    The link to his website is :
    http://braingiants.com/noriomatsumoto/welcome.html

Do check his photographs of the Alaskan whales, Alaskan forest and those of the Northern lights.

Anyways, the purpose of this post is to compile a list of photographers who would've inspired you or whose photographs fascinate you. I hope that all newbies (including "yours truly") can learn something from them.

After a month or so, I will consolidate the links into one post.

Thanks.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

Default Re: Photographers/Photographs that inspire you...

my mum's photo.

seriously.

I've pretty much lost touch with photography & photographers after I stopped taking photo (seriously) for more than 10 yrs now. But recently I found was directed to an image on the web that made my jaw drop.

you can read more about it here.
    Last edited by nikonrus; 25th February 2007 at 07:05 PM.

WOW. This one's a classic
    Photography is all about passion (for that matter, if you want to be happy doing anything, you've got to be passionate about it...)
    Earlier this month when I was returning from Frankfurt, I met an entrepreneur industrialist from Poland. He had a top of the line Mamiya camera (I don't even know what model it was...pardon my ignorance). We got talking about photography and he showed me a photograph that he took in a forest near his home... he said it took him more than a year to 'make' the photograph - as he called it.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....