Thread: terms and conditions ?

Default terms and conditions ?

i am thinking of starting on my own, and like many others who are starting out will wish to know about how the industry is doing.

one of the main concerns that i had was the T&C that you guys use when you speak or engage your clients.

something like. Photographer reserves the right to do etc etc etc..

i am not sure of the whole structure. but is there a website for me to refer to such T&C or is there any kind soul out there who can show me the way on how a proper T&C is constructed so that the photographer(me) will not get myself into too much complications ?

well. hope to hear from you all.

regards and thanks in advance.

Default Re: terms and conditions ?

Go to BORDERS , photography section, there are many books there for you to choose. Look for one titled "the big picture" The professional photographer's guide to Rights, Rates & Negotiation. The Author : Lou Jacobs Jr. ISBN 0-89879-969-4 its S$35.95 in 2004.

These are USA T&C but this is a guide and you can change to fit Singapore context.

Good luck in your coming business.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesong View Post
    Go to BORDERS , photography section, there are many books there for you to choose. Look for one titled "the big picture" The professional photographer's guide to Rights, Rates & Negotiation. The Author : Lou Jacobs Jr. ISBN 0-89879-969-4 its S$35.95 in 2004.

These are USA T&C but this is a guide and you can change to fit Singapore context.

Hi James,

I will take a look at it tomorrow when i hit town.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by jamesong View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rodel View Post
    You would recommend this too ?

Perhaps you might want to specify the T&Cs pertaining to which field? I think the T&C for wildlife editorial photography is quite different from commercial fashion etc....

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    Perhaps you might want to specify the T&Cs pertaining to which field? I think the T&C for wildlife editorial photography is quite different from commercial fashion etc....
    hi ckuang,

thanks for replying.i am looking for t & c for wedding. and t & c for events or commercials. i mean there should be a standard for how a t & c should be written right ?

still looking for directions.

thanks for your reply ckuang.

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    i am thinking of starting on my own, and like many others who are starting out will wish to know about how the industry is doing.

one of the main concerns that i had was the T&C that you guys use when you speak or engage your clients.

something like. Photographer reserves the right to do etc etc etc..

i am not sure of the whole structure. but is there a website for me to refer to such T&C or is there any kind soul out there who can show me the way on how a proper T&C is constructed so that the photographer(me) will not get myself into too much complications ?

well. hope to hear from you all.

regards and thanks in advance.
    Think you can have a look at our website and see what are the terms & conditions you can use for yourself. Anyway have to find lots of lobangs to earn - start up is always the hardest phase-my side is also relatively new.Make sure keep in sync with the general market rate, otherwise your future referrals will want to do jobs at cheap rates(overwork under paid situation). Remember to draft contracts with clients to prevent unnecessary "hoohahs" after the job is done.

Clifton Wong
    www.heevproduction.com
    Last edited by GhostSG; 1st March 2007 at 01:30 AM.

Deregistered