Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schools participation in NDP/Chingay.

Default Re: Schools participation in NDP/Chingay.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    huh?

are you blaming these events for poor academic results?

i think there's no direct corelation between academic results and extra-curricular participation. there are students who do well in both, there are students who do well only in 1, there are students who do well in none.
    No blame... asking questions. I am doing pretty ok with my life.

../azul123

i did the Singapore Festival Flashcard display at national stadium during secondary school time.
    but not NDP.
    had to stay back after school to learn the stuff and sometimes need to go national stadium not practice.
    not fun having one big metal frame with lots of small colored cards blocking in front of you.
    throughout the event, we were busy arranging the color order, counting time to display the picture.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Didn't enjoy is just putting it mildly...

Did school/student bodies do any study to see what impact it does to the students academically? would like to see equal distribution so that elite schools can also gain some CIP.

../azul123
    erm.... ndp is not the only cip leh. elite schools have their share of cip too. for example, i was able to hold a 3 month weekly computer course for a group of needy students at dover BASC. was a project i did with another friend. (ok. fine fine. flame me for coming from an elite school).

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    erm.... ndp is not the only cip leh. elite schools have their share of cip too. for example, i was able to hold a 3 month weekly computer course for a group of needy students at dover BASC. was a project i did with another friend. (ok. fine fine. flame me for coming from an elite school).
    During lesson times or after school hours?

../azul123

During lesson times or after school hours?

../azul123
    during sec school. of course after school hours. those kids also have sch during sch hours.

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    during sec school. of course after school hours. those kids also have sch during sch hours.
    Can't compare leh... NDP practise are during school hours leh... well at least during my time it was. Is it still the same anyone done this most recently maybe as late as 2004?

Did you guys have to forgo your lesson hours?

../azul123

Can't compare leh... NDP practise are during school hours leh... well at least during my time it was. Is it still the same anyone done this most recently maybe as late as 2004?

Did you guys have to forgo your lesson hours?

../azul123
    i think you can't compare it your way also. most of the time it depends on the school's management's decisions. if the school management thinks that the students should put in more effort in NDP, they'll adjust their school hours that way. if the students suffer bad results because of that, the school management will be put into question by parents and MOE. official NDP practices are usually done on weekends for obvious reasons. whatever extra practices you did from your own school hours were the result of your school's management's decision.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    i think you can't compare it your way also. most of the time it depends on the school's management's decisions. if the school management thinks that the students should put in more effort in NDP, they'll adjust their school hours that way. if the students suffer bad results because of that, the school management will be put into question by parents and MOE. official NDP practices are usually done on weekends for obvious reasons. whatever extra practices you did from your own school hours were the result of your school's management's decision.
    Then is good information or responsible parents to know, so we can ask the tough questions to the school management.... for that thank you, appreciate the info.

../azul123

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12