Thread: Question on dry box

Default Question on dry box

how long does it take for the RH value to drop after putting in some silica gels?
    coz mine like drop from 80++ to 70 overnight but the RH value doesn't seem to go down any further...

Default Re: Question on dry box

Quote Originally Posted by mfbatzap View Post
    how long does it take for the RH value to drop after putting in some silica gels?
    coz mine like drop from 80++ to 70 overnight but the RH value doesn't seem to go down any further...
    It all depends on the size of the box and the amount of gel you put in.... Bigger boxes needs more gel and more frequent replacement of fresh gel. Do note that such gel are carcinogenic... cancer causing agents...

Save up and get a drycab, save you the trouble.

yeah saving up for one.. in the mean time I'm using this to store my cam.. hahaha..
    ok i found out the problem already.. hehe.. placed more silica gel into the box and the RH dropped to around 50%! quite happy for now! haha

if u want the RH to drop fast, use thirsty hippo. there are diff sizes to cater to the size of ur box. But try to use those sachet ones as the box type maybe too dry... My sachet had been used for 5 months liao still can maintain RH about 45-55%. I open my box about once a week. But in the long run, like what most will say here, get a dry cabi to save ALL the trouble... just my 2 cents.

Like all above said get dry cabi, my 1st dry cabi is still running after so many years.

YMMV

Buy dry cab.

Regards,
    Arto.