Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: some problem with shots

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    72

    Default some problem with shots

    hi, just need your help in my problem about my pictures which has this effect.
    any idea as to what may cause this problem?
    im useing 70-300mm. even if i use my tamron 28-75mm but im still having the same output if this is the ambient. but it can not be seen during indoor and low light outdoor, or cloudy.
    body is eos300D .




    Last edited by joshuaB; 23rd February 2007 at 11:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    thread moved from Critique Corner

  3. #3

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Hi, can post a low light shot?
    Last edited by CT 3833; 23rd February 2007 at 11:39 PM.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by CT 3833 View Post
    Hi, can post a low light shot?


    i noticed that its not only in the low light that i can get a shot without issue.




  5. #5

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Without seeing your equipment, or knowing your shooting techique, I suspect it's something reflecting off parts of your equipment when you shoot fairly large areas of diffused light, e.g., sky.

    Either that or your sensor is whacked or something is partially blocking the light path.

    Just guessing...

  6. #6

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Did you shoot with a lens hood?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Without seeing your equipment, or knowing your shooting techique, I suspect it's something reflecting off parts of your equipment when you shoot fairly large areas of diffused light, e.g., sky.

    Either that or your sensor is whacked or something is partially blocking the light path.

    Just guessing...
    look more like sensor problem, cos its exactly the same place when you compare with other pictures. Flare or glare will change angle on different light position, this one does not... might be TS went to clean the CCD and swiped something off the protective membrane...

    anyway, if in doubt, bring back for warranty... let us know the problem.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    look more like sensor problem, cos its exactly the same place when you compare with other pictures. Flare or glare will change angle on different light position, this one does not... might be TS went to clean the CCD and swiped something off the protective membrane...

    anyway, if in doubt, bring back for warranty... let us know the problem.
    what is TS? anyway thanks for the advice. my 300d has no warranty anymore coz its more than 2years. will try to bring it for ccd clean. hope this will resolve this issue. any idea for the price between canon n 3rd party? is there a third party that will do the cleaning n how much cheaper from canon?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by trucatus View Post
    Did you shoot with a lens hood?
    i don't have the lenshood with my 70-300 but on my 28-75 there is but still showing the same signature. i try to cover the tip of the lense using my hand to remove the suspected flares or reflection but still the same signature.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuaB View Post
    i don't have the lenshood with my 70-300 but on my 28-75 there is but still showing the same signature. i try to cover the tip of the lense using my hand to remove the suspected flares or reflection but still the same signature.
    its too uniform to be lens flare/reflection... etc.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuaB View Post
    what is TS? anyway thanks for the advice. my 300d has no warranty anymore coz its more than 2years. will try to bring it for ccd clean. hope this will resolve this issue. any idea for the price between canon n 3rd party? is there a third party that will do the cleaning n how much cheaper from canon?
    anyone that have an answer on this?

  12. #12

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Hi,
    noticed all problematic shots are with high shutter speed, ranges from 28 mm to 300mm focal length. So it is highly unlikely related to lens.
    There is a possibility the shutter/curtain is defective. You might want to send the camera for a test/service.

    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/.../t-255099.html
    Last edited by CT 3833; 24th February 2007 at 05:23 PM.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    72

    Cool Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by CT 3833 View Post
    Hi,
    noticed all problematic shots are with high shutter speed, ranges from 28 mm to 300mm focal length. So it is highly unlikely related to lens.
    There is a possibility the shutter/curtain is defective. You might want to send the camera for a test/service.

    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/.../t-255099.html
    thanks for the info. it really looks the same thing as what they published and some inputs with the same issue. i will try to get the canon service for this.

  14. #14

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by CT 3833 View Post
    Hi,
    noticed all problematic shots are with high shutter speed, ranges from 28 mm to 300mm focal length. So it is highly unlikely related to lens.
    There is a possibility the shutter/curtain is defective. You might want to send the camera for a test/service.

    http://photography-on-the.net/forum/.../t-255099.html
    Gasp! Broken shutter blade?

  15. #15

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    If 2 lenses have the problem, I think the problem should be the body. Send it back to Service Centre.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  16. #16

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuaB View Post
    what is TS?
    TS = Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Gasp! Broken shutter blade?
    I doubt so as joshuaB has stated in his inital post that the same signature arises dispite using 2 different lenses.


    I suspect it's the body, rather than a lens that's causing this. Maybe it's the low pass filter? Better send it in for a check.

  17. #17
    Senior Member jnet6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    not here often anymore
    Posts
    8,170

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by ipin View Post
    TS = Thread Starter



    I doubt so as joshuaB has stated in his inital post that the same signature arises dispite using 2 different lenses.


    I suspect it's the body, rather than a lens that's causing this. Maybe it's the low pass filter? Better send it in for a check.
    Ya, suspect should the filter in front of the sensor.

  18. #18

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by jnet6 View Post
    Ya, suspect should the filter in front of the sensor.
    But from the thread posted by CT3833, it does seem that it might be a shutter blade problem. One part of the blade might have broken off and so at higher shutter speed (above sync speed), this portion would have a larger opening then the rest and this curved portion would be more prominent the higher speed you go.

    Next thing which might happen would be the whole blade detaches itself, and that would be disastrous.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 27th February 2007 at 04:27 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: some problem with shots

    Quote Originally Posted by ipin View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Gasp! Broken shutter blade?
    I doubt so as joshuaB has stated in his inital post that the same signature arises dispite using 2 different lenses.


    I suspect it's the body, rather than a lens that's causing this. Maybe it's the low pass filter? Better send it in for a check.
    Shutter is in the body not in the lens. Aperture diaphragm OTOH is in the lens.

    BC

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •