Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop by Dominique James, 17 March

Default Re: Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop by Dominique James, 17 March

The timing of the "Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography" workshop in Singapore workshop looks perfect. Before the workshop, there's the IT Week (happening this week, actually), which means, you can get the computer stuff you might need at great prices. You might want get CF cards, portable storage devices, Firewire card reader, or even a new laptop. And then, after the workshop, there's the Fashion Week, and with accreditation, you can shoot fashion and portraits for this event, armed with lessons learned from the workshop. Manila is also holding it's own Fashion Week right after my workshop. Anyway, I'm excited to see you guys.

Default Re: Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop by Dominique James, 17 March

About Ix Chel and Cecille Rebollos (Hair, Makeup and Stylist for the Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop)

Ix Chel (is-shel) named and inspired by the Guatemalan Goddess of Creativity is a company offering professional hairstyling, make-up artistry, and fashion styling services.

Ix Chel is composed of professionally trained & schooled stylists offering excellent & quality styling services.

The members of the Ix Chel team have with them not only styling expertise but over 30 years of combined experience in advertising, brand management, event management, marketing & broadcast industries; hence, carrying with them the same discipline & high standards for quality that these abovementioned industries expect & demand from its partners.

To date, the team has worked on numerous print, outdoor and TV advertisements that have come out both locally & internationally; also, TV shows; MTVs; Movies; Fashion Shows; Corporate and Special Events (weddings & debuts).

They have forged strategic alliances with companies to create programs to further business building and loyalty to their customers:

- Ix Chel is the official partner for hair & make-up for the Philippine Center for Creative Imaging -- one of the Philippines' renowned centers offering photography workshops and where Mr. Dominique James is a part of.
    - In December 2006, Ix Chel has also partnered with the Rustan's Department Store where the country‚ premiere retail store is offering Ix Chel's hair & make-up services to its A-list bridal registrants.
    - In January 2007, members of the team have recently been included in the pool of artists in one the region's in-flight magazines.
    - To date, Ix Chel has expanded its partnership with three make-up brands to help strategize and implement events that will help build awareness and usage for the brand.

Cecille Rebollos is the founder and President of Ix Chel. She has with her over 10 years worth of experience in advertising, direct marketing and CRM where she managed local and multinational brands that have won for her numerous awards locally and regionally. After finishing Make-up Artistry at the Center for Aesthetics Studies, she invited her schoolmates to form a team as a strategic way to support each other's practice and expand network. Under her leadership, the team has forged alliances and creative collaborations with make-up brands and companies as a channel to offer their services. She dreams to make Ix Chel the first world-class all-Pinoy team of hair & make-up artists to hit the world market.

Please email Justin Sales at jssales@mac.com for inquiries and reservations. Join now!

The setcard of Meki, one of the models for Dominique James' Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop.

Few slots still available. Send me e-mail at jssales@mac.com for more details.

A few more days to go, and I'll be in Singapore to join you guys. I'm excited to be doing this. And since this is my first time, and I'm going to stay there for a week, I would love to explore Singapore. I think there are still a few slots available for this workshop, but it's going fast. Register now. Send email to jssales@mac.com. See you all at the workshop!

I just want to share the news that got an email today from my friend John Cosgrove, an adventure, sports and travel photographer for NGC, AXN, and SilkAir, an editor of PHOTOVIDEOi, and an international speaker for Nikon, Canon, Epson. He confirmed that he will be attending this workshop. I'm very much looking forward to meeting John again since the Epson Print Academy in Manila a couple of years ago where we were both speakers.

Hey guys, let me introduce to you, Cecille Rebollos. She will be our hair and makeup artist and stylist for the photo shoot segment of the workshop. Cecille is one of the founders of Ix Chel, a group of very talented professional hair and makeup artists and stylist. This is a photo I took of Cecille:

Please email Justin Sales at jssales@mac.com to enroll in this Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography workshop.

Oh, by the way, while I am in Singapore, I'd be spending a day with a very good friend, a travel photographer and photo editor, Lester Ledesma, for a shoot-out project for the upcoming travel photography issue of iMag Photography Magazine.

To all confirmed participants, please email me at dominiquejames@mac.com for any matters or concerns that you might want to ask prior to our full-day workshop. Feel free to get in touch. Let's start the learning process. We don't have to wait until the weekend. We can start now. You can begin asking me whatever questions you may have regarding our Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop. I welcome hearing from you, and I look forward to seeing you.

Also, to those who are interested in attending the workshop, please send email to Justin Sales at jssales@mac.com. He has all the registration details. I hope you can join us! But hurry, there are only a few more days left.

Good news guys!

I am pleased to inform you that Epson Singapore PTE LTD, with the support of Epson Philippines, is now the official presentor of the Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop.

EPSON will sponsor a special contest among participants of the workshop. Each participant will be eligible to enter his or her best shot as the entry to this contest. Only 1 final image per contestant will be accepted as an entry to the contest. The contestant will bring the hi-resolution digital file for free printing in size 16x24 from March 19 to 26 at:

Epson Solutions Centre
    501 Orchard Road
    #03-18/19, Wheelock Place
    S238880
    Telephone: 65865598
    Fax: 67364985

Operating Hours:
    Monday to Friday (9 AM to 7 PM)
    Saturday (9 AM to 1 PM)

Three (3) winners will be chosen: 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The 3rd place winner will receive one (1) Epson Photo Viewer P2000. The 2nd and 2st place winners will each receive one (1) Epson Photo Viewer P3000.

To join and win, register today and attend the Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop by Dominique James. Send email to Justin Sales at jssales@mac.com for details.

Correction: The 2nd and 1st place winners will each receive one (1) Epson Photo Viewer P3000.

Update: During the workshop, Epson will be showcasing the Stylus Pro 3850 Printer with Premium Semi-Glossy and Velvet Fine Art for printing the photo images you've shot on-the-spot!

Quote Originally Posted by dominiquejames View Post
    Good news guys!

I am pleased to inform you that Epson Singapore PTE LTD, with the support of Epson Philippines, is now the official presentor of the Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop.

EPSON will sponsor a special contest among participants of the workshop. Each participant will be eligible to enter his or her best shot as the entry to this contest. Only 1 final image per contestant will be accepted as an entry to the contest. The contestant will bring the hi-resolution digital file for free printing in size 16x24 from March 19 to 26 at:

Epson Solutions Centre
    501 Orchard Road
    #03-18/19, Wheelock Place
    S238880
    Telephone: 65865598
    Fax: 67364985

Operating Hours:
    Monday to Friday (9 AM to 7 PM)
    Saturday (9 AM to 1 PM)

Three (3) winners will be chosen: 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The 3rd place winner will receive one (1) Epson Photo Viewer P2000. The 2nd and 2st place winners will each receive one (1) Epson Photo Viewer P3000.

To join and win, register today and attend the Beauty Portraiture & Fashion Photography Workshop by Dominique James. Send email to Justin Sales at jssales@mac.com for details.
    Quote Originally Posted by dominiquejames View Post
    Correction: The 2nd and 1st place winners will each receive one (1) Epson Photo Viewer P3000.

Update: During the workshop, Epson will be showcasing the Stylus Pro 3850 Printer with Premium Semi-Glossy and Velvet Fine Art for printing the photo images you've shot on-the-spot!
    wow!

up for u! join join join!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

The winners will be announced on March 30!

I'm curious guys, and I'd like to ask you, if you were to judge a photo contest on beauty and fashion, what are the most important criteria in selecting the winning entries?

I suppose in keeping to the context of your workshop, the most important criteria is the extent to which the participant has learned and applied what you've taught to the image-making process to make a beautiful image.

Of course, this doesn't stop the participant to throw in other enhancers into the cooking pot. At least the basics you have taught should be present.

That is an excellent point! The application of what has been learned is one of the criteria in selecting the winning images. But it does not end there. I'm excited about the entries that will be submitted. See you guys this weekend!

Hey guys! Just want to let you all now that I got in yesterday about lunch time, and I was out the whole time! I've been to the Epson Solutions Center in Orchard Road, and I've seen the 3 Apple stores, and I went to the IT Mall, and I've been eating at local restaurants (so delicious). I'm having so much fun! Justin brought me around during the afternoon, and I'm beginning to learn may way through train, bus and cab, and a couple of friends from Apple brought me around in the evening as well. Good thing I'll be here for more than a week.

To all the workshop participants, see you all tomorrow. And to those who might still be interested to join, please get in touch with Justin Sales at jssales@mac.om - I think a couple or so slots are still available! See you guys!

The model for the Sunday workshop is Corin from Carrie Models. Here's her setcard:

Hey guys! I had so much fun at our workshop today ... I'd like to thank all the participants who joined today's whole day event! I'm looking forward to sharing with tomorrow's group, and hoping it will be as fun as it has been today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast