Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choice between 5D and 1D Mark III?

Default Re: Choice between 5D and 1D Mark III?

tell me

Quote Originally Posted by patch17 View Post
    if you're a casual shooter, why not just stick with the 400D.

will your pictures get better if you upgraded to a 5D?

some people derive utitlity from buying new equipment.

If you really need a new camera, get the 5D. with yr 16-35L, it will be a great partner. However, I would stick to the 400D if I were you. 1Dmk3 is an overkill for yr casual shoot.

No lah, i want to have a better utilisation of my 16 - 35mm.. i guess the 1D MarkIII is definitely out for me. Good that i consult the gurus here.. save some money for other accessories.. U think i shud stick with the 400 and get the EFS lenses for wide angle shots? In future if i wanna upgrade, i will be stuck with those lenses cos' it won't fit those grade of digicams right..? Any adv..?
    Last edited by cnng121; 23rd February 2007 at 05:09 PM. Reason: double posting

No lah, i want to have a better utilisation of my 16 - 35mm.. i guess the 1D MarkIII is definitely out for me. Good that i consult the gurus here.. save some money for other accessories.. U think i shud stick with the 400 and get the EFS lenses for wide angle shots? In future if i wanna upgrade, i will be stuck with those lenses cos' it won't fit those grade of digicams right..? Any adv..?

just sell the 16-35 and get the 10-22mm. the 10-22 is a great lens with great colours. depreciation? i dont foresee the 10-22 depreciating much unless canon ditches apsc sensors, which wont happen in the near future

Excuse me a little. I see this thread in "Newbies Corner" and had a shock when 5D and 1 series are being brought into discussion.

Do we necessary need to buy expensive full frame camera just for landscape and candids?

Quote Originally Posted by cnng121 View Post
    Hi, if i am just a casual photographer with interest in mainly landscape and sometimes candid shots of people, which cam should i choose between the two? I already own a 400D, 16 - 35mm F2.8 L and 70 - 300mm 4.5-5.6 DO IS USM..
    Last edited by ianpaice; 23rd February 2007 at 07:07 PM.

please

Quote Originally Posted by ianpaice View Post
    Excuse me a little. I see this thread in "Newbies Corner" and had a shock when 5D and 1 series are being brought into discussion.

Do we necessary need to buy expensive full frame cameras just for landscape and candids?

5D FullFrame But I agree that a short term solution is to get the 10-22 for your 400D... You won't lose much selling it off when you decide to move on to FF... You probably lose more now to sell your 400D to get 5D
    Last edited by miniUltraman; 23rd February 2007 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miniUltraman View Post
    5D FullFrame But I agree that a short term solution is to get the 10-22 for your 400D... You won't lose much selling it off when you decide to move on to FF... You probably lose more now to sell your 400D to get 5D
    by that time canon will have new FF DSLR out or u can get a 5D for less $

Do we necessary need to buy expensive full frame camera just for landscape and candids?
    i also think this is better served in the canon subforum rather than newbies corner

Some newbies are rich!!!

From your post, you will do better with 5D.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12