Thread: 2m 3m 5m 7m?

Default 2m 3m 5m 7m?

i'm using a sony cybershot t30 7.2mp digicam.. i'd like to know what are the differences between 2m, 3m and so on.. can i take with 2m and achieve the same result for a picture? Let's say i just wanna store it, no intentions to print out...

pls advise

Default Re: 2m 3m 5m 7m?

the different in MP is just the size... me too usually dun not print unless it is very nice ... taking the pix in larger MP the resize it would provide a clearer pix.

I tot lamby was referring to distances!

If got enuff space in the memory card, why not shoot in the highest res? Just incase you
    might want to do some PP. At least got details to work with. Else, just get more, since the prices have dropped so much in recent days?

hahaha ok...cos i want to upload the pictures into some online albums with file size limitation. If i use 2m and 7m, got difference in the quality of the picture? Suppose i dun print out...just for keepsake purpose?

Quote Originally Posted by lamby View Post
    hahaha ok...cos i want to upload the pictures into some online albums with file size limitation. If i use 2m and 7m, got difference in the quality of the picture? Suppose i dun print out...just for keepsake purpose?
    7m definitely have much more details... quite a lot of smaller details will be "discarded" or "compressed" during the resize to a smaller resolution.

A photo taken with 2mp camera has a size of about 500kb, and 7mp camera about 3MB. If you just resize them into a 150kb photo for upload to internet, then the latter will not give you any extra benefit. Higher resolution (mp) photo is only useful if you want to print out the photo in large size or do extensive cropping.

high megapixels mean more sensors packed into a smaller size, more noise, but good for cropping.

ok thanks guys...think i have a better idea of this now ... thanks