Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: shooting friends this weekend (need help)

Default Re: shooting friends this weekend (need help)

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    you nebber ask mah

c**** road.

get wat i mean? so secretive... think by the time i courier over, u already go CP buy a boom & few different color umbrella liao...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

can always bounce the light off the walls/ceiling

Blog Entries

i also have broom and mop

correct me please.but if you put the hairlight SB to the left of the subjects, no matter how high the SB is and how powerful it is, the subject nearer the SB will STILL get the most hairlight, as oppose to subject to my right(subject furthest from hairlight SB).no?

You are right. But I have experience when I must make hairlight but don't have boom, I use this technique. Cause most SB or Standard reflector have a hot spot (more strong in center than edge), so I tilt up the lamp till it distribute well to the object.
    Or u can change to std reflector, bounce to the ceiling, ... tilt up/down till it distribute well.

Have you use yahoo instant messenger or google talk? We can discuss

Blog Entries

hairlight can also be placed bottom centre and light from the back
    but what colour is your intended background?

Quote Originally Posted by bpmphoto View Post
    correct me please.but if you put the hairlight SB to the left of the subjects, no matter how high the SB is and how powerful it is, the subject nearer the SB will STILL get the most hairlight, as oppose to subject to my right(subject furthest from hairlight SB).no?

You are right. But I have experience when I must make hairlight but don't have boom, I use this technique. Cause most SB or Standard reflector have a hot spot (more strong in center than edge), so I tilt up the lamp till it distribute well to the object.
    Or u can change to std reflector, bounce to the ceiling, ... tilt up/down till it distribute well.

Have you use yahoo instant messenger or google talk? We can discuss
    tried replying your pm, but i realised my pm full and they dont allow any more msgs.argh...

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    hairlight can also be placed bottom centre and light from the back
    but what colour is your intended background?
    actually i not sure what to use.
    i've got white,black, brown and my friend just passed me velvet red yesterday.

does background play a big part since i dont have a light to light it up?

aiya if too complicated, just bounce from ceiling.

........ aiya if too complicated, just bounce from ceiling. .... right man ... just try, decide and shoot.

actually i not sure what to use.
    i've got white,black, brown and my friend just passed me velvet red yesterday.

does background play a big part since i dont have a light to light it up?
    I think you must make everything going simple ... We only can share the technique. The rest is your creativity. OK?

Quote Originally Posted by bpmphoto View Post
    I think you must make everything going simple ... We only can share the technique. The rest is your creativity. OK?
    come to think about it... i missed out the most crucial question...

1/2 body shot... top 1/2 or bottom 1/2?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    come to think about it... i missed out the most crucial question...

1/2 body shot... top 1/2 or bottom 1/2?
    u forgot centre half, midfield very important

actually bounce from ceiling must also know how to biunce

You can buy a couple of mannequins and experiment with lighting...

yes i have.minolta autometer 4.very old liao but still do the trick.

i notice it tends to give slightly overexpose by a stop, compared to my friend's sekonic L-dunno-what.
    Get it calibrated lah..

so does that mean i do not lit the backdrop and leave it as it is?> off course u must lit ur backdrop. But don't place the backdrop on the wall, u can use 2 big light stands to hang ur backdrop, so u can place soft rectangular softbox behind backdrop.

also, if the SB for hairlight is on to my left, will the subjects nearer to the SB get more hairlight than those on my right? > lit the lamp more higher, adjust the angle so the light distribute well to all group.

You got umbrella? If have, you set the umbrella up high and about 45 degrees down from the side, this will act as fill light for the hair and the background. If don't have can use the smaller soft box for this purpose. If it's placed high up enough, the difference in distance from the flash head to the left and the right subject will not be that great.

The large softbox can be frontal but placed slightly higher above head level and tilted slightly down so the shadows get thrown down behind the subjects. Not too high also or you will get shadows below the chin.

Play with the power ratio to get the desired lighting. Beware of the shadows which will be cast by the umbrella. Set the frontal light for the main exposure and adjust the side light to get you enough highlight for the hair and background without getting too much shadows from it. I think this would be the best you can get with 2 lights.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 26th February 2007 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    You can buy a couple of mannequins and experiment with lighting...
    Don't need lah.. Do a sketch and draw lines to see where the shadows will land lah..

it's assumed that all 5 are adults.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

I think the shoot was supposed to be during last weekend... over liao.

BC

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    You got umbrella? If have, you set the umbrella up high and about 45 degrees down from the side, this will act as fill light for the hair and the background. If don't have can use the smaller soft box for this purpose. If it's placed high up enough, the difference in distance from the flash head to the left and the right subject will not be that great.

The large softbox can be frontal but placed slightly higher above head level and tilted slightly down so the shadows get thrown down behind the subjects. Not too high also or you will get shadows below the chin.

Play with the power ratio to get the desired lighting. Beware of the shadows which will be cast by the umbrella. Set the frontal light for the main exposure and adjust the side light to get you enough highlight for the hair and background without getting too much shadows from it. I think this would be the best you can get with 2 lights.
    thanks for advise.but shoot is over liao.
    nvrtheless, will take note of your recommendations.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast