• D60

10 21.28%
  • 1D

1 2.13%
  • 1Ds

3 6.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many DSLR on CSnapper hard

Folk, Capture 3 won't detect CP5700 camera when plug in your camera, right?

Originally posted by SzennyBoy
    Got more than one then how!?!
    Me dunno you got so much DSLR la.

Pain
    Guests

Default D100's color IS accurate!

Andy,

If you use CUSTOM white balance the color rendition should be accurate. Just use a grey card!

I don't have much problem with my D100. I never really needed to do colour correction in Photoshop.

What is your workflow like? Are your profiles set-up accurately?

My work station is calibrated and I discipline myself to use the right profile/setup for diferent input/output.

So from SCREEN to PRINT, the colour shift is very minute and neglible. The output is used world-wide for advertising and in the medical industry, so far I've not had a negative feed back about the colour being unacceptable.

Originally posted by longman
    Folk, Capture 3 won't detect CP5700 camera when plug in your camera, right?
    The Capture 3 program consist of both the Capture Editor and the Capture Control softwares.

You can use the Capture Editor as you would a normal image processing software. Functions available are: Curves, Colour Balance, Unsharp Mask and Noise Reduction. Specific to the Nikon Electronic Format (NEF) images you have: Advance RAW, White Balance and Vignette Control options as well.

For the Capture Control software, its specifically for the D1(x/H) and D100 bodies only. It will not work with the Coolpix bodies. This software basically allows you to fully control all aspects of the DSLR including AF and shooting from your PC/Mac.

I hope that clarifies the Nikon Capture 3 functions.

Default Re: D100's color IS accurate!

Originally posted by Pain
    Andy,

If you use CUSTOM white balance the color rendition should be accurate. Just use a grey card!

I don't have much problem with my D100. I never really needed to do colour correction in Photoshop.

What is your workflow like? Are your profiles set-up accurately?

My work station is calibrated and I discipline myself to use the right profile/setup for diferent input/output.

So from SCREEN to PRINT, the colour shift is very minute and neglible. The output is used world-wide for advertising and in the medical industry, so far I've not had a negative feed back about the colour being unacceptable.
    I tried using custom white balance on a grey card but still I found the colour to be either too reddish or too bluish, both on camera's LCD & computer's monitor. Even my print colour looks off also. I was never given the correct white balance on custom. I even tried both the white and grey side of the grey card.

My screen was calibrated to a printing lab at almost 90% accuracy now and colours from my slides that was scanned was impressively accurate from the print and monitor, only my digital cam's colour is off.

To be frank, my understanding of custom white balance is that I have to set white balance everytime lighting changes. In the midst of documentary photography where light changes even by seconds and minutes difference, I don't have the luxury of time to reset custom white balance when all the action is going on. I stress again, isn't digital supposed to make life much easier?

Andy Ho

Only single selection? Not fair.....

Just a newbie DSLR user talking here, but if you had a color temp meter you could get a reading then set the cam according to whichever is closest on the chart.

Troublesome but it should work right?

Originally posted by MoriMori
    Just a newbie DSLR user talking here, but if you had a color temp meter you could get a reading then set the cam according to whichever is closest on the chart.

Troublesome but it should work right?
    Yep! That's what I do at the start and do a re-check when there is a noticable change in the ambient light condition. I also shoot in RAW format and tweak the colour temperatures (on NC3.5) during my workflow on the PC, if required.

Just curious. Who are the 3 who have Canon's 1Ds? Pro photogs?

If there is an "Unvote" feature for those who change their DLSR, then it will be fun to add Canon EOS10D and see how many jump ship.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Originally posted by roygoh
    If there is an "Unvote" feature for those who change their DLSR, then it will be fun to add Canon EOS10D and see how many jump ship.
    i tot mod/admin can edit the poll options?
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by Wai
    i tot mod/admin can edit the poll options?
    Don't think so for mods. At least I cannot do that.

What I meant was for members who already voted D60 to be ablr to cancel their vote and then vote 10D when they upgrade. Don't think that is possible also.

The admins might be able to add the 10D option I believe.

- Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12