Thread: Dalia

Default Dalia

-, +, Comments, Suggestions Welcome.

Sajjad

Template CMXD

Default Re: Dalia

Background is horribly distracting.

And the flower itself is also very messy.

Are you trying to convey the idea of movement/wind?

The background is very distracting....and the flower seems wet(maybe due to the rain..) which makes it dull....btw nice try...

captured using mobile, I just showed a bud blooming near to be complete flower, not wet due to rain but dew.

Quote Originally Posted by cmxdsajjad View Post
    captured using mobile, I just showed a bud blooming near to be complete flower, not wet due to rain but dew.
    Where did you shoot this. I have the urge to take a direct close up shot of the yet to flower chunk on the left.

You saw something beautiful, but you didnt see the background, and you didnt have the right equipment to share with us what you saw.

A camera, unlike the human eye, sees everything, perfectly; whereas the latter sees only what it sees. So you need to work to make us see a photograph as the eye "sees" reality.

It is all paradoxical but such is the truth, which is yet another irony. Following me? Its OK if you are not. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    You saw something beautiful, but you didnt see the background, and you didnt have the right equipment to share with us what you saw.

A camera, unlike the human eye, sees everything, perfectly; whereas the latter sees only what it sees. So you need to work to make us see a photograph as the eye "sees" reality.

It is all paradoxical but such is the truth, which is yet another irony. Following me? Its OK if you are not. :-)
    Woah super man

Yea i think if you had shot the picture straight on with only the bud and the flower occupying the space and asked someone to blank out the background then would have been good. My 2 cents......

By the way, background can be taken care of with PS rt?
    Come visit my Flickr :)

Quote Originally Posted by maddyks View Post
    By the way, background can be taken care of with PS rt?
    Err .. maybe a little too much to ask from poor PS. Better attained with a low f number lens, eg f2.