Thread: Come & See....

Red face Come & See....

Bird Shot.....

Last edited by Kiwii; 21st February 2007 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Only can post 1 pic. :)

Default Re: Come & See....

1 pic only.. read T&S

besides that... cannot see pic...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    1 pic only.. read T&S

besides that... cannot see pic...
    sorry, my very first post. what's TS?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwii View Post
    sorry, my very first post. what's TS?
    Sorry, typo, should be T&C

Terms & Conditions...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Critique Corner posting guidelines http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139941

How to post pictures in thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=94574

just in case, 1 picture a week please! happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    Critique Corner posting guidelines http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139941

How to post pictures in thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=94574

just in case, 1 picture a week please! happy new year
    Thk u all...i'm fixing it now..

yeah..fixed.

did you turn up the saturation in ps? all the details of the feathers in the red parrot are gone.
    Canon 5D & 35L + Panasonic Lumix GX1 & 20mm
    Flickr | Buy Baobao's photobook!

Quote Originally Posted by babykailan View Post
    did you turn up the saturation in ps? all the details of the feathers in the red parrot are gone.
    err....sorry...i don't understand...Wat is "saturation in PS?" i am totally brand new to this man....

your red is "too red" - that's one way of saying "overstaurated". There is no tonal difference in the red to the extent that the entire bird is just one flat piece of red and no longer looked like a feather covered bird body ... as to how to correct this, do some googling or PM one of us

but u have some good idea - focus on the eye and other birds ina row out of focused. if so then less space on right and more on left so that the last blurr bird is not cut off

err....sorry...i don't understand...Wat is "saturation in PS?" i am totally brand new to this man....
    I believe you took the photo as it is using Canon A710 and didn't post-process it for the posting. "Turn up saturation in PS" means increasing the color saturation using PhotoShop (PS).

I think you got the focus right on the parrot's eyes which is good. From a point and shoot camera, that's pretty good. Composition wise, not too good to have a missing leg.
    "...not taking what one doesn't desire is the hardest thing in the world" - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    your red is "too red" - that's one way of saying "overstaurated". There is no tonal difference in the red to the extent that the entire bird is just one flat piece of red and no longer looked like a feather covered bird body ... as to how to correct this, do some googling or PM one of us

but u have some good idea - focus on the eye and other birds ina row out of focused. if so then less space on right and more on left so that the last blurr bird is not cut off

ohhh, now i see.... ok, qns, is there any way i can take a perfect picture of this scene getting the tone right where i can see the details of the feather as well, so that it won't be flat without processing it through photoshop? possible?

Quote Originally Posted by centurion_sg View Post
    I believe you took the photo as it is using Canon A710 and didn't post-process it for the posting. "Turn up saturation in PS" means increasing the color saturation using PhotoShop (PS).

I think you got the focus right on the parrot's eyes which is good. From a point and shoot camera, that's pretty good. Composition wise, not too good to have a missing leg.

wow man, what camera i use u also know.... my jaws really drop. Anyway, sorry abt the missing leg. cause it was really a challenge taking that handsome chap, cause as soon as i get near it, it start to get excited. haa, so i gotta snap him fast, i think i took abt 5 or 6 shots of it then manage to get this reasonable composition. But i will try it again in my next trip probable next mth. then post and let u all see again. Thx for the comment.
    Last edited by Kiwii; 22nd February 2007 at 09:34 PM.

picture information (camera make, shooting data etc.) can be found under image property. right click on your image in your computer and go to 'properties' that's where you find all the information.

it's a reasonably good attempt, except for your finger getting into the frame on the lower left. the eye being in focus makes this picture enjoyable. it's also good that you included parts and parcel of the environment (like the pavilion in the background, the birds at the back etc.) makes a nice candid of the bird. looking forward to more shots from you

ohhh, now i see.... ok, qns, is there any way i can take a perfect picture of this scene getting the tone right where i can see the details of the feather as well, so that it won't be flat without processing it through photoshop? possible?
    Possible, but it is more a question of how your camera works and how it interact with any given scene. For example the red sensor in your CCD may have poor dynamic range, or that the default saturation setting is too high under a certain light, etc etc.

So one approach is to learn about your camera inside out so that you know all its quirks and idiosyncrasies. And then you start all over again when you change or use another camera. (And there are commercial reasons for camera manufacturers to make you "slave" to one camera, of course.)

The alternative is to bypass all the camera processing and do the processing yourself. And then you learn the principles only once and you can apply it with any camera in any situation.

I, of course, prefer the latter approach and am concerned only about composition and composing with focus, shutter speed, DOF and ISO, and to capture as much data as possible in a scene, and can do it with any camera - of course I still have to learn where the various dial placements are, but I dont have to worry about WB, or what settings for saturation, or sharpness, etc etc.

And finally you dont have to apologise to anyone for your picture - good or bad. Your picture is your picture. If it hurts our eyes to see it, it is because we came here to see such pictures. Don't apologise. Just say thank you - whether it is good or bad critique.
    Last edited by espion; 22nd February 2007 at 10:43 PM.