Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: useful freeware

Default Re: useful freeware

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    like to know some freeware to convert wav to MP3, MP3 to itunes format etc.
    So far I found only shareware
    you can try SUPER

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
    Anyone know of any freeware that can play real media files? I dont want to install realplayer.
    I want to know this too!

Sidenote: I'm currently running Ubuntu, PCOSLinux and WindowsXP on my Dell laptop, I like all 3 systems!

VLC player is good too, plays everyth without the need for codecs, except it cant play RM files T_T

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter View Post
    In what way is it better than Ubuntu (please explain, for a Linux blurblob like me - I found Ubuntu very simple to install and very user-friendly)?

Thanks.

Ubuntu is good for Linux beginners (like me).

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    I want to know this too!

Sidenote: I'm currently running Ubuntu, PCOSLinux and WindowsXP on my Dell laptop, I like all 3 systems!

VLC player is good too, plays everyth without the need for codecs, except it cant play RM files T_T
    you can download realalternative and use wmp to play real files. do note that some real files cannot be played with realalternative. i think its something to do with copyright but i am only speculating.

to play almost all video files found on the net, you can install k-lite. k-lite also includes realalternative and quicktimealternative. these let you play real and mov with wmp. with k-lite installed, you can also play flv files found on youtube with vlc.
    Last edited by jfoo; 3rd March 2007 at 03:13 PM.

up.

Any idea what is this DRM (Digital Rights Management component) thing that prevent some files from playback?

Some of you looking for free real codecs? This is my fave http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm

Allows your windoze MP to play real stuff too. There are other great codecs there as well. Have fun .

Other then VLC media player.
    GOM Player also another free good media player, just like VLC player it can auto-detect the subtitle of an .avi file + .srt/.sub file.
    Another best function it able to auto-play avi files ( that is if your movies consist of 2 parts: A.avi n B.avi)
    You just need to play A.avi and when it finished A.avi it will continue to auto play B.avi ( A n B in the same Directory)

anybody know what freeware can convert VCD movie to mpg to play in the PSP? thanks!!!

Anyone using Imation thumbdrive? they have this tool when the thumb drive is inserted into any desktop, it will automaticall pop up 2 partition. 1 is the standard partion, while the other need to key in a password before that partition can be access. Anyone know of such freeware where i can use for my thumbdrive or portable hardisk?

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    anybody know what freeware can convert VCD movie to mpg to play in the PSP? thanks!!!
    Using this..http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=3GP_Converter

MRTG Cacti
    RRDTool - trying out now at work. btw anyone knows about to install on it on an old Win NT4 SP6 platform?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234