Thread: Static River

Default Static River

this is taken using olympus cam cz 730. my very first cam before canon 350d. still a very new user. pls guide. :P

Last edited by laneylow; 21st February 2007 at 09:46 AM.
    Every Photograph tells a story. Can u see the story i am trying to tell you? :)

Default Re: Static River

I think it is a great pic. Technically the highlights in the water can be tampered to make it better. And also there seems to be other compositional possibilities, such making the rock lower right the subject itself, or moving to your left and just focusing on the swirl without the branch, etc. Did you make other compositions from the scene?

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    I think it is a great pic. Technically the highlights in the water can be tampered to make it better. And also there seems to be other compositional possibilities, such making the rock lower right the subject itself, or moving to your left and just focusing on the swirl without the branch, etc. Did you make other compositions from the scene?
    great suggestion, sadly i did not make other other composition from the scene. but next time i will. :P thanks yeah...

i like the stream that leads the eye to a point. the plants on the fringe of the picture kinda disrupt it though.

is this a fast stream? if so, you may try slow shutter to make the water look "silky".

overall, the colors r rich
    Nikon D80 kit | Nikkor AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6D ED
    flickr gallery

Quote Originally Posted by huoyun View Post
    i like the stream that leads the eye to a point. the plants on the fringe of the picture kinda disrupt it though.

is this a fast stream? if so, you may try slow shutter to make the water look "silky".

overall, the colors r rich
    coolies i shall take note next time yeah. cheers. hehe thanks

Thats a very nice looking picture Especially the colors and the flow which creates the white grainy effect (like those from a thumbprint).
    Last edited by Override2Zion; 21st February 2007 at 07:34 PM.
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    Thats a very nice looking picture Especially the colors and the flow which creates the white grainy effect (like those from a thumbprint).
    thank you so much. :P