Thread: LCD Or CRT!

Default LCD Or CRT!

Can't decide on which one to get. Budget is S$800. I'm leaning towards LCD but most of the models that I want were either EOL (End Of Line) or does not sell in SG. So have narrowed down to these these 3 monitors.

1) Eizo 19" LCD - FlexScan S1961.

2) Viewsonic 22" CRT - P225f I have read the reviews on this. So So monitor compared to Sony or NEC. If I were to get this CRT, I would have to invest in a monitor calibrator for CRT which would cost around S$400 for a decent one. And in future if I were to change to LCD, I would have to get a calibrator for LCD again.

3) Philips 19" LCD - 190P7EB, 8-bit panel.

Philips being the cheapest at around S$500+. Viewsonic Monitor at S$700+ and Eizo near S$800.

Apart from Viewsonic 22" CRT monitor, can't seem to find any reviews for the Eizo S1961 and Philips 1907PEB LCD monitors. Samsung LCD monitors that are 8-bit are not available in SG. Viewsonic LCD which are available in SG (even the pro series) are not really that good as I have seen the display set (VP 920b) in SLS (Sim Lim Square). Had a 19" LG LCD monitor which stated as 8-bit but found out the it's only 6-bit w/ software become 8-bit.

Default Re: LCD Or CRT!

I also tot Eizo kost higher then that. But if it is really near 800, I will get Eizo. Unless you want to control ur budget to Viewsonic.

Quote Originally Posted by josho View Post
    I also tot Eizo kost higher then that. But if it is really near 800, I will get Eizo. Unless you want to control ur budget to Viewsonic.
    The CG models are the expensive ones. If I'm not wrong it's 2k and above for a 19". This (FlexScan) is the normal range from Eizo which is already twice the price compared to current ones like Samsung, Viewsonic, LG, Philips, etc. But most of them are 6-bit panels. The 8-bit panel for these brands are around S$500+.

oh.. yuan lai ru ci... thanks for clarifying. cheers