Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pianist, Piano Teacher, Piano Player, Piano Seller....?

Default Re: Pianist, Piano Teacher, Piano Player, Piano Seller....?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Jialat... no wonder i not musically inclined... i dunno wtf is Patrick Foo...

and it shows how my pics suxs too... cos i dunno siang si Ansel also...
    pai seh.. who is Patrick and Ansel.. First time I hear their names...

Who play piano and who takes pictures? Or is it they both shoot and play very well? Are they both local celebs?

I know who Patrick Foo is liao!!
    http://www.afpj.com/March%2005_E_Bul...ers%20list.htm
    He is RICH RICH MAN!
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 21st February 2007 at 10:25 AM.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Playing piano is a cultured skill... it requires someone who is refine and able to appreciate the beauty of sound and peace of mind. The same goes for all other music instruments players. Music promotes peace and calms the mind and soul.

Not suitable for somebody who is always scheming and harbouring evil thoughts.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    pai seh.. who is Patrick and Ansel.. First time I hear their names...

Who play piano and who takes pictures? Or is it they both shoot and play very well? Are they both local celebs?

I know who Patrick Foo is liao!!
    http://www.afpj.com/March%2005_E_Bul...ers%20list.htm
    He is RICH RICH MAN!
    That patrick foo is definitely a rich man...

Ansel takes great pictures and is now a legend... and
    Patrick teaches the Piano, have cultivated many talented young pianist in SG including the SG legendary youngest pianist, Benjamin. And he also have come out a combined album in his much younger days together with Jimmy Chan from HK.

ME ME ME ME!!!!!!!!

Music is my passion and profession. I would rather die if someone chopped my hands off or I couldn't play the piano anymore

www.asiapiano.com.sg/company.htm

Look for "Amery Reuben" .. thats me...

Take note that this website belongs to a close friend's piano shop...it is not my shop. I just have confidence in his pianos as I usually go to Japan to help them select 2nd hand Yamaha and Kawai pianos when I do my other business there. Fun lah...you realise that not even two Yamahas sound the same..hehe

sorry la..shameless advertisement...but i'm looking for students as well....gotta buy my 70-200 2.8L soon.....
    Last edited by nikolaiski; 21st February 2007 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sykestang View Post
    Why would I want your piano??? And do you own 1 also?

In case you don't know what I have been playing all along... I've been using a Professional upright grand U3H for the pass 22yrs. And my sifu is Patrick Foo. Many ppl in the keyboard/guitar/piano industry knows who is Patrick Foo.

That's why I say you can't be serious.
    22 yrs and collecting dirts.
    And Good for you. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman View Post
    22 yrs and collecting dirts.
    And Good for you. LOL
    Haiz... an amateur and a naive reply.

Whose pianist's piano here is not over 10yrs - 20yrs? A good piano can last at least a 100yrs. For most grands and professional piano reach its peak sound performance when it is in its 20s/30s.

You mean you owned a piano and you don't know about this???

Doubtful... very doubtful...
    Last edited by sykestang; 21st February 2007 at 11:11 AM.

Haiz... an amateur and a naive reply.

Whose pianist piano here is not over 10yrs - 20yrs? A good piano can last at least a 100yrs. For most grands and professional piano reach it peak sound performance when it is in its 20s/30s.

You mean you owned a piano and you don't about this???

Doubtful... very doubtful...
    Yeah I

Quote Originally Posted by longkangman View Post
    Yeah I
    A person who appreciate music and arts will have calm of mind .. rather then writing ppl scheming or evil thoughts .. for his heart is not at rest and peaceful.

Pretty .. great master dont have a great student here ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG View Post
    Pretty .. great master dont have a great student here ..
    Agreed Well said. Pretty .. great master dont have a great student here ..

Mod, pls help to clean up all my post here with respect to the thread starter.

Will contact those PM me privately. Thanks.

Thanks you in advance.

Haha, so funny....

Hey seriously anyone interested in playing 4 hand piano?

And all pianists out there, what repertoire are you all working on now?

2 Pianos 4 hands? I'm struggling with Rachmaninoff's Suite No.2...NOT EASY! hahaha..alot of pple here don't like Rachmaninoff....

Quote Originally Posted by nikolaiski View Post
    2 Pianos 4 hands? I'm struggling with Rachmaninoff's Suite No.2...NOT EASY! hahaha..alot of pple here don't like Rachmaninoff....
    I was thinking about 1 piano 4 hand as it is easier to be able to rehearse and harder to find 2 pianos. Oh thats a nice piece you are working on. Are you currently learning under any teacher?

I love Rachmaninoff's music and play some of them too. Do you play any of his other pieces? Well i would say there are many Rachmaninoff's lovers and also many who dislike his music. You either love or hate him.

his works all big big mah...except for a precious few...

I don't really fancy 1 piano 4 hands....abit too cluttered for my liking...2 pianos not hard to find...for one, my house lah...but I live in JB (I work/teach in Singapore though..haha)

I'm a full time pianist lah..teaching is my main source of income, and hence I reiterate....WHO WANTS TO LEARN???? www.asiapiano.com.sg/company.htm --> scroll down to "Amery Reuben" thats me..and if u ever want to rehearse on more than one piano, can always pig out at this aforementioned piano shop, which belongs to a close friend of mine.

I think the most ingenious and so called "satisfying" to play...when you play the piece you just feel the "ooomph"...is Rachmaninoff's Violin Sonata no.3 from JS Bach..the transcription. Not for big hands either...and very nice and light.

I think I do not follow the trend of "Avant Garde" in Singapore lah..I still can't grasp why the general concert crowd classifies Beethoven/Bach/Busoni/Chopin and so on as "old". I still prefer to play music that has a melodic line running through it, be it in the bass or somewhere in the middle. Don't you agree?
    Last edited by nikolaiski; 22nd February 2007 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolaiski View Post
    his works all big big mah...except for a precious few...

I don't really fancy 1 piano 4 hands....abit too cluttered for my liking...2 pianos not hard to find...for one, my house lah...but I live in JB (I work/teach in Singapore though..haha)

I'm a full time pianist lah..teaching is my main source of income, and hence I reiterate....WHO WANTS TO LEARN???? www.asiapiano.com.sg/company.htm --> scroll down to "Amery Reuben" thats me..and if u ever want to rehearse on more than one piano, can always pig out at this aforementioned piano shop, which belongs to a close friend of mine.

I think the most ingenious and so called "satisfying" to play...when you play the piece you just feel the "ooomph"...is Rachmaninoff's Violin Sonata no.3 from JS Bach..the transcription. Not for big hands either...and very nice and light.

I think I do not follow the trend of "Avant Garde" in Singapore lah..I still can't grasp why the general concert crowd classifies Beethoven/Bach/Busoni/Chopin and so on as "old". I still prefer to play music that has a melodic line running through it, be it in the bass or somewhere in the middle. Don't you agree?

Haha, i wont term Beethoven, Bach, Busoni or Chopin as old, as i play and love much of their works, but well for example Chopin's Ballades, they are all very nice, but who would want to go listen to them again unless we are talking about Pletnev, Zimerman etc etc. Thats the mentality over here, thus the pianists are more adventurous in avant garde and contemporary pieces...

Interesting idea... 1 piano, 4 hands. But not many emsemble pieces I know of that really allow that. A little restraint.

One suggestion is maybe can book the piano practice room at Esplanade library. They have a acoustic piano and a roland digital piano there in the same room. Acoustic and Digital combination although gives a somewhat unique combination, but it does sounds great as it adds a refreshing tinkle to classicals.

Interesting idea... 1 piano, 4 hands. But not many emsemble pieces I know of that really allow that. A little restraint.

One suggestion is maybe can book the piano practice room at Esplanade library. They have a acoustic piano and a roland digital piano there in the same room. Acoustic and Digital combination although gives a somewhat unique combination, but it does sounds great as it adds a refreshing tinkle to classicals.
    haha yeah you need 2 pianos to play stuff like the concertos 2 piano reductions. But there are still many interesting pieces written for 1 piano 4 hands still. Not long ago i went to this concert at NUS conservatory played by Albert Tiu and Thomas Hecht. They played some interesting repertoire that includes a very "sexy" Astor Piazolla's Oblivion that Albert Tiu writes himself. Recently, i come across this Schubert's Fantasie that is simply beautiful. Anyone interested in taking a look at the score?

you have the PDF? heh heh heh ......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12