Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: Spain

  1. #1

    Smile Spain

    Hi all,

    I'm doing a presentation on Spain for my assignment... will be presenting on the history, culture and food, etc... would like to find out if you have anything to share about the country... also looking for nice pics! So please share any photos you have of the country, for me to include in my powerpoint... you will be acknowledged in my powerpoint slides. hehehe

    Anything you can email me at applehuang@hotmail.com Thanks for the help!

  2. #2
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm doing a presentation on Spain for my assignment... will be presenting on the history, culture and food, etc... would like to find out if you have anything to share about the country... also looking for nice pics! So please share any photos you have of the country, for me to include in my powerpoint... you will be acknowledged in my powerpoint slides. hehehe

    Anything you can email me at applehuang@hotmail.com Thanks for the help!
    Well, how many photos do you need and what kind of resolution are you looking at ?
    I have got photos of Madrid, Segovia, Toledo, Seville, Barcelona - some shot with an SLR and some with PnS. I also have the Nat Geo Traveller and EyeWitness guidebooks on Spain, in case those are helpful in your research. These books (and more) are also available at most of the Libraries around you.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  3. #3
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Spain

    I know Spain got Nou Camp! It is quite an interesting country and is divided into several regions that is unique in its own. Yes, u should visit the Library.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    Well, how many photos do you need and what kind of resolution are you looking at ?
    I have got photos of Madrid, Segovia, Toledo, Seville, Barcelona - some shot with an SLR and some with PnS. I also have the Nat Geo Traveller and EyeWitness guidebooks on Spain, in case those are helpful in your research. These books (and more) are also available at most of the Libraries around you.
    the segovia castle is nice right?(cant remember name).
    but really gives a mystical feel.

    btw, i replied your email already.

  5. #5
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    the segovia castle is nice right?(cant remember name).
    but really gives a mystical feel.

    btw, i replied your email already.
    You mean the Alcazar ? Yeah, quite nice. We had a race up the tower. Quite fun. I read that the Alcazar is supposed to have been the inspiration for Cindrella's castle at Walt Disney ...
    I have been told by my Spanish colleagues that the most beautiful region of Spain is the Basque country. The places by the Atlantic ocean are indeed quite nice.

    Got your mail. Happy New Year to you...
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  6. #6

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm doing a presentation on Spain for my assignment... will be presenting on the history, culture and food, etc... would like to find out if you have anything to share about the country... also looking for nice pics! So please share any photos you have of the country, for me to include in my powerpoint... you will be acknowledged in my powerpoint slides. hehehe

    Anything you can email me at applehuang@hotmail.com Thanks for the help!
    Antoni Gaudi
    Sagrada Familia

  7. #7

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Antoni Gaudi
    Sagrada Familia
    when i was there, the sagrada was under construction...so many tower cranes...

    i didnt like it though, cos they build up a modern facade over the old.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    You mean the Alcazar ? Yeah, quite nice. We had a race up the tower. Quite fun. I read that the Alcazar is supposed to have been the inspiration for Cindrella's castle at Walt Disney ...
    I have been told by my Spanish colleagues that the most beautiful region of Spain is the Basque country. The places by the Atlantic ocean are indeed quite nice.

    Got your mail. Happy New Year to you...

    went too many castles, cant remember the names.
    so, i assume you went shooting nudes at barcelona beach.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    went too many castles, cant remember the names.
    so, i assume you went shooting nudes at barcelona beach.
    Barcelona sounds so much better than office right now.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  10. #10

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm doing a presentation on Spain for my assignment... will be presenting on the history, culture and food, etc... would like to find out if you have anything to share about the country... also looking for nice pics! So please share any photos you have of the country, for me to include in my powerpoint... you will be acknowledged in my powerpoint slides. hehehe

    Anything you can email me at applehuang@hotmail.com Thanks for the help!
    actually, the internet has tons of pics of spain.why not use those?
    rem to give credits to the website which you take for your ppt.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Barcelona sounds so much better than office right now.
    actually, portugal is nicer.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    when i was there, the sagrada was under construction...so many tower cranes...

    i didnt like it though, cos they build up a modern facade over the old.
    It's has been under construction for the last 120 years?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    It's has been under construction for the last 120 years?
    the amount of DI to be done if you ever want a good shot of it...doh

    buy a postcard lah.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Spain

    La Pedrera is neat too

  15. #15

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    the amount of DI to be done if you ever want a good shot of it...doh

    buy a postcard lah.
    Clone tool

  16. #16

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    La Pedrera is neat too
    that one ah....
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  17. #17

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    that one ah....
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Nice place to shoot photo

  18. #18
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: Spain

    Dunno lah. Maybe its my bad luck, all I got was gray cloudy skies and disappointment in Barcelona . Few days prior to and after my trip, there was sun and blue skies all around

    La Pedrera/Casa Mila -> huge disappointment
    Casa Battlio -> over-hyped, over priced. Euro 16.50 to enter the building. Thank you, I will pass.
    Sagrada Familia -> over-hyped, once again. I was really disappointed, maybe I expected too much.
    Las Ramblas -> what can I say, Orchard Road is better lah The only good thing there were the artists at night. They use Spray paint to create artwork. Really cool
    Lugged up my camera backpack and tripod et al to MNAC to shoot fountains at night. Was told that no fountains on Sundays. WTF ??? Later, I re-read my guidebook. It said fountains only from Thursdays to Saturdays. I felt like a moron.
    I was there only for 2 days. The Metro is one of the worst I've encountered in the world. If you want to change trains at the main interchange (Passeig de Gracia), you need to walk a couple of kms - almost like walking from Dhoby Ghaut to City Hall. And no escalators to go down, some more.
    Singapore spoils you.

    I prefer Madrid to Barcelona.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  19. #19
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: Spain

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    went too many castles, cant remember the names.
    so, i assume you went shooting nudes at barcelona beach.
    hmmmmmmmm. someone seems to be thinking of nude beaches
    Get to work. Come on, holidays over

    No lah, maybe in summer, if I go again. I will take my bazooka lens and take some sniper shots. Too embarrassed to get up, close and personal to shoot.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  20. #20

    Default Re: Spain

    asterix,

    i agree on the subway system.
    i nearly got lost!
    and some trains are not a/c!
    well, every country is an experience.

    spaniards are generally GOOD looking

    but not ALONSO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •