Thread: Calibrating my monitor contrast and brightness and ICC in photoshop?

Default Calibrating my monitor contrast and brightness and ICC in photoshop?

How do i calibrate my monitor so that what i see would be close to what i print on my hp deskjet/photo lab?

Problem is that i tend to sent my monitor pretty dark, what would be a good setting to put then? 50 for contrast and 50 for brightness?
    or any color chart picture i can use to display on my monitor to see whether it has been set properly?

thanxs in advance

just use photoshop's native monitor calibration tool, or if you're feeling rich, get a spyder.

Usually whatever calibrates your monitor will tell you to set the contrast at 100% and brightness to some value to prevent seeing "grey" where it's supposed to be "black".

Default Re: Calibrating my monitor contrast and brightness and ICC in photoshop?

Originally posted by aldeba
    How do i calibrate my monitor so that what i see would be close to what i print on my hp deskjet/photo lab?

Problem is that i tend to sent my monitor pretty dark, what would be a good setting to put then? 50 for contrast and 50 for brightness?
    or any color chart picture i can use to display on my monitor to see whether it has been set properly?

thanxs in advance
    If you have photoshop u can use the adobe gamma tool to calibrate your monitor. But i believe this will onli enable u to see the 'correct' color on ur monitor but doesnt mean ur printer will print with same color. Think you will still need to experiment with the color management settings. For starters you can try choosing "document" for the source space, and "same as source" for the profile of the print space(or if u have the icc profile of your printer u should choose that. )
    Then u shld disable the color management on the printer driver.

Hopefully your printouts will closely match wat u see on screen. Otherwise adjust ur color settings on the printer driver until ur satisfied