Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightroom 1.0

Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    I think its becos of the setting in the Importing part which ignores duplicates (can turn off). Ie, it won't import a duplicate picture. Maybe it considers different format of the same file the same picture.
    i tried that, turning it off does not solve the problem... i found that creating different folders for different file format works only...

Does anyone have offline content imported into LR?? I just imported several pics from the network RAID drive and now going through the pics while not connected to the network. I found that JPG and TIF files can only be seen in the thumbnail size which you imported. Any zooming in to 1:1 (or even "FIT" in Loupe mode) will result in huge pixels!! In Grid mode still ok. However, all my RAW files, CRW and CR2 files can be viewed in Loupe in 1:1 without any pixelation!!! Just a reminder that ALL these files are offline. Not stored on my computer HD. Seems that LR handles RAW files differently.

Comments anyone??

How do I stop Lightroom from auto loading EVERY SINGLE TIME I SLOT IN A MEMORY CARD! I tried searching for all sorts of options in Lightroom itself but cannot find anything to stop this! Help please!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    How do I stop Lightroom from auto loading EVERY SINGLE TIME I SLOT IN A MEMORY CARD! I tried searching for all sorts of options in Lightroom itself but cannot find anything to stop this! Help please!
    Under Preferences, File Management, choose "Do nothing" when memory card is detected.

Under Preferences, File Management, choose "Do nothing" when memory card is detected.
    Already selected that but it still loads up automatically...

Hmmm... strange. Did you enable Auto Import under File?? Don't see anywhere else that you can control the importing process. Are you on a Mac or Windows platform?

Hmmm... strange. Did you enable Auto Import under File?? Don't see anywhere else that you can control the importing process. Are you on a Mac or Windows platform?
    Windows...

Windows...
    Sorry I couldn't help....

An amendment to my earlier post.

Now it seems that some of my offline RAW files are pixelated. These are however in the minority. Most are ok. Dunno why. But ALL the TIF and JPEGs are still (to the best of my knowledge) pixelated.

Very difficult to do sorting of offline files using these super pixelated pictures. Hope they come up with a patch for it.

An amendment to my earlier post.

Now it seems that some of my offline RAW files are pixelated. These are however in the minority. Most are ok. Dunno why. But ALL the TIF and JPEGs are still (to the best of my knowledge) pixelated.

Very difficult to do sorting of offline files using these super pixelated pictures. Hope they come up with a patch for it.
    Simple, the LR database has only the previews not the whole photo. if you have not created the 1:1 previews then LR enlarges the thumbnail since it has not access to the original file. if you want to work offline then you have to create the 1:1 previews while the pics are online. Note that previews are discarged after some time! there is a user setting to control this.

Try disable the "Adobe Photo Downloader", its located in your system tray at the bottom right corner of your windoze desktop (where the clock is).

Left click on the icon and choose "disable".

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Try disable the "Adobe Photo Downloader", its located in your system tray at the bottom right corner of your windoze desktop (where the clock is).

Hope it helps.
    Thank you! It doesn't load every damn time now!

Thank you! It doesn't load every damn time now!
    You welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Simple, the LR database has only the previews not the whole photo. if you have not created the 1:1 previews then LR enlarges the thumbnail since it has not access to the original file. if you want to work offline then you have to create the 1:1 previews while the pics are online. Note that previews are discarged after some time! there is a user setting to control this.
    Thanks!! I'l try it out. But why is it most RAW files are ok and some RAW files are pixelated?

Thanks!! I'l try it out. But why is it most RAW files are ok and some RAW files are pixelated?
    i guess you built for those RAW files the 1:1 preview already either during import or when you were looking at them still connected to your external HD

Just went to Challenger.
    Lightroom is available at special price.
    Asia-Pacific version only. Not to be sold in USA.
    Can't recall price. Might be either $179 or $149 I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Just went to Challenger.
    Lightroom is available at special price.
    Asia-Pacific version only. Not to be sold in USA.
    Can't recall price. Might be either $179 or $149 I think.
    Woow! Cheap man!
    Heng... Have not bought mine yet.
    I'll be heading down to Challenger tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post

Hope it helps.
    Go into your registry, look for the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

delete Adobe Photodownloader from this.

erm what does the stacking function in pslr do

Quote Originally Posted by littlejt View Post
    erm what does the stacking function in pslr do
    lets say you have taken a number of shots of the same subject with same/similar composition, but only one of the pics is your best shot. However you dont want to delete the others, then you can stack them together and display at the top only the best shot.

In other words it another sorting and management feature...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast