Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 195

Thread: Lightroom 1.0

  1. #101

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    I think its becos of the setting in the Importing part which ignores duplicates (can turn off). Ie, it won't import a duplicate picture. Maybe it considers different format of the same file the same picture.
    i tried that, turning it off does not solve the problem... i found that creating different folders for different file format works only...

  2. #102

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Does anyone have offline content imported into LR?? I just imported several pics from the network RAID drive and now going through the pics while not connected to the network. I found that JPG and TIF files can only be seen in the thumbnail size which you imported. Any zooming in to 1:1 (or even "FIT" in Loupe mode) will result in huge pixels!! In Grid mode still ok. However, all my RAW files, CRW and CR2 files can be viewed in Loupe in 1:1 without any pixelation!!! Just a reminder that ALL these files are offline. Not stored on my computer HD. Seems that LR handles RAW files differently.

    Comments anyone??

  3. #103
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    How do I stop Lightroom from auto loading EVERY SINGLE TIME I SLOT IN A MEMORY CARD! I tried searching for all sorts of options in Lightroom itself but cannot find anything to stop this! Help please!

  4. #104

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    How do I stop Lightroom from auto loading EVERY SINGLE TIME I SLOT IN A MEMORY CARD! I tried searching for all sorts of options in Lightroom itself but cannot find anything to stop this! Help please!
    Under Preferences, File Management, choose "Do nothing" when memory card is detected.

  5. #105
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Under Preferences, File Management, choose "Do nothing" when memory card is detected.
    Already selected that but it still loads up automatically...

  6. #106

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Already selected that but it still loads up automatically...
    Hmmm... strange. Did you enable Auto Import under File?? Don't see anywhere else that you can control the importing process. Are you on a Mac or Windows platform?

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Hmmm... strange. Did you enable Auto Import under File?? Don't see anywhere else that you can control the importing process. Are you on a Mac or Windows platform?
    Windows...

  8. #108

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Windows...
    Sorry I couldn't help....

  9. #109

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    An amendment to my earlier post.

    Now it seems that some of my offline RAW files are pixelated. These are however in the minority. Most are ok. Dunno why. But ALL the TIF and JPEGs are still (to the best of my knowledge) pixelated.

    Very difficult to do sorting of offline files using these super pixelated pictures. Hope they come up with a patch for it.

  10. #110

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    An amendment to my earlier post.

    Now it seems that some of my offline RAW files are pixelated. These are however in the minority. Most are ok. Dunno why. But ALL the TIF and JPEGs are still (to the best of my knowledge) pixelated.

    Very difficult to do sorting of offline files using these super pixelated pictures. Hope they come up with a patch for it.
    Simple, the LR database has only the previews not the whole photo. if you have not created the 1:1 previews then LR enlarges the thumbnail since it has not access to the original file. if you want to work offline then you have to create the 1:1 previews while the pics are online. Note that previews are discarged after some time! there is a user setting to control this.

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Already selected that but it still loads up automatically...
    Try disable the "Adobe Photo Downloader", its located in your system tray at the bottom right corner of your windoze desktop (where the clock is).

    Left click on the icon and choose "disable".

    Hope it helps.

  12. #112
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Try disable the "Adobe Photo Downloader", its located in your system tray at the bottom right corner of your windoze desktop (where the clock is).

    Left click on the icon and choose "disable".

    Hope it helps.
    Thank you! It doesn't load every damn time now!

  13. #113
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Thank you! It doesn't load every damn time now!
    You welcome!

  14. #114

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Simple, the LR database has only the previews not the whole photo. if you have not created the 1:1 previews then LR enlarges the thumbnail since it has not access to the original file. if you want to work offline then you have to create the 1:1 previews while the pics are online. Note that previews are discarged after some time! there is a user setting to control this.
    Thanks!! I'l try it out. But why is it most RAW files are ok and some RAW files are pixelated?

  15. #115

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Macky View Post
    Thanks!! I'l try it out. But why is it most RAW files are ok and some RAW files are pixelated?
    i guess you built for those RAW files the 1:1 preview already either during import or when you were looking at them still connected to your external HD

  16. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Just went to Challenger.
    Lightroom is available at special price.
    Asia-Pacific version only. Not to be sold in USA.
    Can't recall price. Might be either $179 or $149 I think.

  17. #117

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Just went to Challenger.
    Lightroom is available at special price.
    Asia-Pacific version only. Not to be sold in USA.
    Can't recall price. Might be either $179 or $149 I think.
    Woow! Cheap man!
    Heng... Have not bought mine yet.
    I'll be heading down to Challenger tomorrow!

  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Try disable the "Adobe Photo Downloader", its located in your system tray at the bottom right corner of your windoze desktop (where the clock is).

    Left click on the icon and choose "disable".

    Hope it helps.
    Go into your registry, look for the key

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

    delete Adobe Photodownloader from this.

  19. #119

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    erm what does the stacking function in pslr do

  20. #120

    Default Re: Lightroom 1.0

    Quote Originally Posted by littlejt View Post
    erm what does the stacking function in pslr do
    lets say you have taken a number of shots of the same subject with same/similar composition, but only one of the pics is your best shot. However you dont want to delete the others, then you can stack them together and display at the top only the best shot.

    In other words it another sorting and management feature...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •