Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Thread: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

this sort of thing... sons abandoning papa, mama.. etc. etc. happens across the board and all walks of life.

perhaps due to the fact that the fella who abandoned his 'old woman' is a dr. and the 'old woman' happens to be the only one who put him through sch with her hard-earned $$ as a cleaning lady... and thus the news get a bit 'sensationalised'. to some extent, i do believe in most stories carried by local newspapers, including the Newpaper.

hey, T.I.S!! this is Singapore!!
    u think those punks can get away with too fictional a story?

however, in all fairness, the dr. did admitted to his mother's side of the story.

thus, i can safely conclude that the newpaper did not fabricate the story and that...

the dr. is indeed a sad case.
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 20th February 2007 at 11:21 AM.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

yeah. this thread would not be so interesting if the the son was just another blue collar worker. the fact that he is a doctor makes it such a good read.

'It's not my daughter-in-law's fault. Most young couples don't want to live with their in-laws. Also, she disliked the fact I had a 'dirty' job. That's quite understandable.'

No job in the world is 'dirty'! As long if it doesn't harm people its a honest and decent job!
    Its way off better than people not doing anything and lazing around.

Make me mad just reading through this article.
    Her son should just divorce her, what kind of daughter-in-law is this??
    Not fillial and no respect for elders.

Quote Originally Posted by weiconghon View Post
    'It's not my daughter-in-law's fault. Most young couples don't want to live with their in-laws. Also, she disliked the fact I had a 'dirty' job. That's quite understandable.'

No job in the world is 'dirty'! As long if it doesn't harm people its a honest and decent job!
    Its way off better than people not doing anything and lazing around.

Make me mad just reading through this article.
    Her son should just divorce her, what kind of daughter-in-law is this??
    Not fillial and no respect for elders.
    ha!

as the saying goes... the prettier a woman, the more vicious and 'poisonous' she can be!
    i wonder how true?

anyway, as many married men will tell u, it is of utmost importance that u marry the 'right' woman.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

I have "studied" many such cases in real lives and the main culprit is almost always "a new third party" to a relationship..... in this case, I am most certain it is the daughter-in-law. A son/daughter may be "bad", but a third party (spouse, relatives, friends, etc..) will assist to bring out the real "badness" in a person.
    On the other hand, sometimes the "older" parties are to be blamed. In the years of bringing up the child, they have almost given all the authority and respect to their child. Parents are known to give way to kids, do everything and anything for the child, etc.... and resulted in sending the wrong messages to them.
    In our family, everyone is taught to respect the older generations, our parents, our grandparents, uncles, aunties, even older strangers (sweepers, drivers, workers, irregardless of their race, religion or incomes)...
    Personally I dont think he deserves to be a doctor.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    ha!

as the saying goes... the prettier a woman, the more vicious and 'poisonous' she can be!
    i wonder how true?

anyway, as many married men will tell u, it is of utmost importance that u marry the 'right' woman.
    An ugly woman with an ugly heart.
    A pretty woman with an ugly heart.
    An ugly woman with a pretty heart.
    A pretty woman with a pretty heart.

The last one does sound too good to be true but more of from 1 to 3. Considering factors 1 to 3, I'd think most would choose number 2.

umm how come the mom only gotten a support of $1600 a month while her son has an income of $200 000 a year? shouldnt it be *ahem* more?

"I didn't achieve anything great but at least, I managed to put Ah Boy through medical school. I was the proudest woman in the auditorium on the day he graduated." ahh. thats so sweet.

tragic..

" .... in the last days, love will turn cold. "

Despite what he has done to her, the mother still wants to protect him by not revealing his identity. All mothers in the world are the same. No matter how bad their children can be, they want to protect them, be there for them, care for them, etc. All mothers are GREAT! I miss my mother.

there's a case where a vietnam gal won a beauty pageant and fails to acknowledge her mum selling food on the street. the mum bought acid and threw it on her face.. not sure if any1 read this in ST few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    "Nations will rise against nations..."

Book of Revelations. We all know where u're coming from (even for me as a atheist). Lets not bring such things in shall we?

i saw some mothers and grandmothers on wheelchairs during fireworks.. quite lucky ones.. their sons and daughters push them on esplandae bridge to see fireworks.. got one even help her feed ice-cream.

wat a touching sight !
    Last edited by raincool2005; 20th February 2007 at 12:34 PM.

don't jump to conclusions
    and don't judge people based on their jobs.haha.

If this story is really true I really pity the auntie who worked hours just to save and send a child to school and in the end this is what she gets. The irony about the son and the daughter in-law is that both of them are dealing with people. Am just wondering how good they can do their job especially the son.

Hopefully they will realize what they are doing before its too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I have "studied" many such cases in real lives and the main culprit is almost always "a new third party" to a relationship..... in this case, I am most certain it is the daughter-in-law. A son/daughter may be "bad", but a third party (spouse, relatives, friends, etc..) will assist to bring out the real "badness" in a person.
    On the other hand, sometimes the "older" parties are to be blamed. In the years of bringing up the child, they have almost given all the authority and respect to their child. Parents are known to give way to kids, do everything and anything for the child, etc.... and resulted in sending the wrong messages to them.
    In our family, everyone is taught to respect the older generations, our parents, our grandparents, uncles, aunties, even older strangers (sweepers, drivers, workers, irregardless of their race, religion or incomes)...
    Personally I dont think he deserves to be a doctor.
    well, med sch dont consider moral groundings as entry criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Murcielago View Post
    well, med sch dont consider moral groundings as entry criteria.
    Personally, I don't think all these heart-break cases that we constantly hear about (eg: abandoned baby, neglected old folk, spousal abuse, etc...) are due to failure of education.

Rather, it would seem to reflect a failure of society and serves to highlight human failing as a whole.

All of us are human. We all have our breaking points, albeit different ones. If enough, or the right kind of pressure is brought to bear, we all have the potential to crack. People make bad decisions when they crack under pressure.

Pressure can come in many forms. Financial, personal, work, inter-personal relationships, physical incapacitation, etc....

It's always easy for us to point fingers from a moral high ground in such cases, simply because we were never in these peoples' shoes and don't appreciate what sort of pressures are acting on them. Put it this way, under optimal conditions, when everything is just dandy, what are the odds of such instances occuring?

Every time we hear of such cases, we should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask ourselves honestly, what would we do if we were in their positions? What would we do indeed.....

We may be surprised with the answers we come up with. We are all susceptible to this sort of behaviour because we are all HUMAN.

I would like to believe that I am in possession of a working moral compass. Nonetheless, I hope I would have the fortitude to carry out my convictions should I ever be placed in any of these difficult situations.

Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post

We may be surprised with the answers we come up with. We are all susceptible to this sort of behaviour because we are all HUMAN.

kicking your own mother out of the house the day she change the ownership.... I don't think we are susceptible t this sort of behaviour.

Have more faith in human nature. It takes a special breed to do this kind of things.

Actually, I have seen SO MANY cases. Do you guys know what is the main problem, it is those stupid old people who transfer their houses to their kids.

NEVER NEVER NEVER TRANSFER the ownership of your house to your kids. DON'T sell your hdb to help your kids pay for their houses. If you do, insist on being a co-owner.

And I also don't really like young people asking their parents to sell their HDB to help them finance a private property. If you can't afford it, DON'T buy.

my wife's grandmother is a case study. Sell HDB to help youngest kid buy bigger flat. Later youngest kid kick grandmother out. Other sons/daughters don't want here cuz they say they never get any money from the sale of the flat.

Another uncle is smarter. Sell hdb to help son buy private property but put his name inside. So now kid want to sell private property and kick his papa out, cannot
    Last edited by wind30; 20th February 2007 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    is it?

oh my gawd..

i cannot believe this ****. but somehow it's true. and gut feelings tell me that this is only the tip of the iceberg that is our society now.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    As it would reveal urs too.

And ur mindset.
    And what might that be?
    You have a problem with that?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast