Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 276

Thread: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

  1. #81

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    i will not comment on this till the true and facts are out...

    i am a student studying social studies...i prefer to analysis the problem with facts first...
    That is why I asked you, hypothetically, i.e. IF what has been reported in that article is all true. A big IF - not saying that in reality is it, seeing the 'facts' of this hypothetical situation, would you say the son is doing the wrong thing by his mother?

    I'm sure in your social study studies you would have come across hypothetical case studies.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 19th February 2007 at 10:10 PM.

  2. #82

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by fjozn View Post
    What happens to the mother now might just jolly well happen to the son when he's old.
    That would be poetic justice.
    Actually, his children on seeing him do this to his mother would probably learn to do the same to him. Having role models like their mum and dad - I think it is a forgone conclusion.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 19th February 2007 at 10:08 PM.

  3. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    No -nothing against doctors at all - just wondering.
    However, it would answer reveal your biases.
    No bias, even if the son were of any other vocation, it would be prudent to obtain all the facts before coming to any conclusion.

    Caution is always indicated in these cases. Many unfortunate events have happened in history simply because people were too quick to pass judgement.

    That's why I simply refuse to get my news from these so-called Newspapers. They have the habit of sensationalising everything in order to increase circulating numbers. Throwing "flame-bait" if you like....

  4. #84

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    And these are the very people that the garment wants us to emulate....
    Champion. You can link all negative things to the govt.

  5. #85

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    Champion. You can link all negative things to the govt.
    Hi - welcome to CS.
    Have we met b4? You seem to know me so well only having joined.

  6. #86
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    That is why I asked you, hypothetically, i.e. IF what has been reported in that article is all true. A big IF - not saying that in reality is it, seeing the 'facts' of this hypothetical situation, would you say the son is doing the wrong thing by his mother?

    I'm sure in your social study studies you would have come across hypothetical case studies.
    so you trying to tell me the son is really in the wrong???

  7. #87

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    so you trying to tell me the son is really in the wrong???
    Duh - ya-ah. If the facts are true. YES!
    You mean you think what he is doing is right if the facts are true?

  8. #88
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    No bias, even if the son were of any other vocation, it would be prudent to obtain all the facts before coming to any conclusion.

    Caution is always indicated in these cases. Many unfortunate events have happened in history simply because people were too quick to pass judgement.

    That's why I simply refuse to get my news from these so-called Newspapers. They have the habit of sensationalising everything in order to increase circulating numbers. Throwing "flame-bait" if you like....
    they have nv read other country paper also...if they have...they can see diff version being report on the same article about singapore...then they will know that what the local papers report cannot be believed all the time...

    Even the ST and Todays report the same topic different...one purposely miss out a important fact...

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    i will not comment on this till the true and facts are out...

    i am a student studying social studies...i prefer to analysis the problem with facts first...
    Good for you

    Don't simply buy into anything you read. That's how unfortunate accidents happen.

    Remember all those cases when the trouble-makers in JB publish things that Singapore allegedly did in their New Straits Times? The most recent one was the issue on how Singapore's land-reclaimation casued the JB floods.

  10. #90
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Duh - ya-ah. If the facts are true. YES!
    You mean you think what he is doing is right if the facts are true?
    please prove it...

  11. #91

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    No bias, even if the son were of any other vocation, it would be prudent to obtain all the facts before coming to any conclusion.

    Caution is always indicated in these cases. Many unfortunate events have happened in history simply because people were too quick to pass judgement.

    That's why I simply refuse to get my news from these so-called Newspapers. They have the habit of sensationalising everything in order to increase circulating numbers. Throwing "flame-bait" if you like....
    OK I agree with you on that but you still haven't answered my question. Are you a doctor by profession?

  12. #92
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    Good for you

    Don't simply buy into anything you read. That's how unfortunate accidents happen.

    Remember all those cases when the trouble-makers in JB publish things that Singapore allegedly did in their New Straits Times? The most recent one was the issue on how Singapore's land-reclaimation casued the JB floods.


    welcome...

  13. #93
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    OK I agree with you on that but you still haven't answered my question. Are you a doctor by profession?
    he already said he is a doc...are you reading??

    or you are just missing out the facts?

  14. #94

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    please prove it...
    If you can't see it then I can't help you. There is nothing to prove! What is there to prove or disprove. It says a lot about your principles though.

  15. #95

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    he already said he is a doc...are you reading??

    or you are just missing out the facts?
    Where? I'd appreciate it if you could point me to the post where he did please.

  16. #96
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Where? I'd appreciate it if you could point me to the post where he did please.
    #69. Last page.

  17. #97

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    #69. Last page.
    Ah Thanks! missed that one.

    I know where you stand then and it answers my suspicions.

    Like you said - nothing like having all the facts.
    Last edited by Tetrode; 19th February 2007 at 10:28 PM.

  18. #98
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong, Pokfulam
    Posts
    1,157

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    i will not comment on this till the true and facts are out...

    i am a student studying social studies...i prefer to analysis the problem with facts first...
    Cool man, i remember i quite like social studies in primary school...
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

  19. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    OK guys, it's getting a little late for me. Have to go to bed soon.

    Summary:

    Don't believe everything you read. Most people make the mistake of taking the printed word as Gospel. Most of the time, there are always other bits and pieces of information missing. Bits and pieces which may prove to be crucial.

    If any issue interests you so much that you have to take a stand; do yourself the favour of finding out as much as you can about it, preferably from reputable sources.

    Even then, the truth may still elude you.

    Don't simply get caught up in the situation. These feelings can be contagious when emotions run high. That's when the masses yell "Lynch him!!" or "Burn her at the stake!".

    Take a deep breath and a step back. Re-evaluate the situation. Things may become much clearer.

    Good night all, it's been fun


    P.S.: Must be tough being a judge. Having to make this sort of call, day in day out...

  20. #100
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    If you can't see it then I can't help you. There is nothing to prove! What is there to prove or disprove. It says a lot about your principles though.
    thats my principles...

    if i want to be a social worker...i better get my facts right...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •