Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3811121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 276

Thread: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

  1. #241
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    Oh, the loose cannon on deck employee...

    First, TNP will probably can him. Then, he'll have so much trouble finding employment in that industry, he'll have to either go freelance or exit the industry all-together.
    i think that's something to think about ... who knows, the reporter might just be going through some form of mental struggle. or maybe take it as just another gossip news

  2. #242

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    This is so amusing man.. Very ClubSnap. Views get thrown around based on 1-sided report and then words get misconstrued by CS members. Tempers flare and then the moderator steps in to close the forum.

    Just 1 report and some of u guys react so fervently. The whole idea is for TNP to sensationalize stories!

    I don't approve of what the doc son has done but I doubt harping on the little evidence reported makes for a wise discussion. There are tons of other such stories everyday in S'pore or overseas, of divorces, quarrels, infidelity, etc. Think any social worker over here can attest to this fact. So this isn't anything really new.

  3. #243
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    i think that's something to think about ... who knows, the reporter might just be going through some form of mental struggle. or maybe take it as just another gossip news
    OK, imagine if he really spilled all the beans.

    Then it turns out that not all the details were accurate. Just thinking about all the law suits that's going to come out of that one is enough to give me a headache.

  4. #244
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    This is so amusing man.. Very ClubSnap. Views get thrown around based on 1-sided report and then words get misconstrued by CS members. Tempers flare and then the moderator steps in to close the forum.

    Just 1 report and some of u guys react so fervently. The whole idea is for TNP to sensationalize stories!

    I don't approve of what the doc son has done but I doubt harping on the little evidence reported makes for a wise discussion. There are tons of other such stories everyday in S'pore or overseas, of divorces, quarrels, infidelity, etc. Think any social worker over here can attest to this fact. So this isn't anything really new.
    it's not about CS, it's about being human and human feelings. there's nothing wrong with people flaring up now and then, the problem comes when things get personal and trolls start to emerge it's definitely not new news, but it's in some ways a chance for people to put forward their emotions since it has been brought to the limelight here anyway. as much as it is amusing, it's really a human thing i would be really worried to live in a world where people are devoid of emotions and are incapable of being affected by happenings around them

  5. #245
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    This is so amusing man.. Very ClubSnap. Views get thrown around based on 1-sided report and then words get misconstrued by CS members. Tempers flare and then the moderator steps in to close the forum.

    Just 1 report and some of u guys react so fervently. The whole idea is for TNP to sensationalize stories!

    I don't approve of what the doc son has done but I doubt harping on the little evidence reported makes for a wise discussion. There are tons of other such stories everyday in S'pore or overseas, of divorces, quarrels, infidelity, etc. Think any social worker over here can attest to this fact. So this isn't anything really new.
    Man, whatever happened to real journalism?

  6. #246
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    Man, whatever happened to real journalism?
    you might be interested to read up on mass culture and the demise of human emotions. about hyper reality and society of spectacles (not craving for optical glasses ... though it does happen here on CS ... but craving for spectacular events)

    news = entertainment = news

  7. #247
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yishun
    Posts
    123

    Angry Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    With all these yacking within the forum it will not resolve anything for the poor lady. I see that being modernise city has lost it values to respect the elders, as what the senior minister emphasizes in his speech, family values is less priority for others. And this lost of values are visible within singapore. I see young ones within bus or mrt who wont even care of giving up thier seats for older person, people who doesnt even assist senior citizens going up or down the stairs or bus.

    Getting even with the son or the in-law will do nothing it will just aggrevate everything. That poor lady is being left alone, deprived from the love of his grandson just because of her social status and because of a lame reason of a stupid wife. To this poor lady, she has this job for a long time and that its just not easy for her to let go, especially to the people she had became friends on the workplace.

    Altough this situation is already under the TMP, financially she may recieve monthly allowance but emotionally may be difficult for her. Even of all those hardships she endures, she still love his son and thats a motherly love not even hatred is within her. Not even his wife can gave this love to his husband. I hope his son will see this love rather than listening to his senseless wife.

    To some, it may not matter today but your time will come when being old and left alone. Thats why its very important to value our family, when that time comes they will be the ones within our side. Life is being unfair but it doesnt mean that nobody care for others, rather than yacking on this forum, Lets just ask ourselves here on how can we help that poor lady? how can we help the elderly? this is only a simple questions but a difficult task.

  8. #248

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBig View Post
    i wanna boycot him, any idea who he is and where is his clinic?
    me too.

  9. #249

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    With all these yacking within the forum it will not resolve anything for the poor lady...
    I totally agree, but money talks. If we know who this person is, we can do our part by not giving him our business, collectively, it will have an impact.

  10. #250
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    I guess, try this :news = entertainment = $$$$$$

  11. #251

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    Hi eikin,

    again, that's based on one side of the story.....we're still lacking information from the other parties involved...

    Don't let's cast the first stone...

    ok, but this seems to be the doctor side of the story, in case you missed it:



    '' When contacted, Madam Tan's son, who is in his early 30s, did not dispute what his mother had said.

    He said: 'At no point was the old woman coerced into selling the flat. She had told me my father wanted me to have it when I settled down.'

    His wife is a senior human resource manager and the couple, who married in 2002, have a 4-month-old son.

    He said: 'My wife did not like the idea of the old woman cleaning tables at the food court, especially after she had bumped into her one day, while she was having lunch with her colleagues.

    'Sometimes, I feel like I'm caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. I had told the old woman to quit her cleaner job but she refused to comply. How should I approach such a delicate situation?

    'She said I hurt her. Ask her, what about me? How does she think I felt when she told me through a third party that she had made up her mind to file a claim with the tribunal?'

  12. #252
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by LTnik View Post
    ok, but this seems to be the doctor side of the story, in case you missed it:



    '' When contacted, Madam Tan's son, who is in his early 30s, did not dispute what his mother had said.

    He said: 'At no point was the old woman coerced into selling the flat. She had told me my father wanted me to have it when I settled down.'

    His wife is a senior human resource manager and the couple, who married in 2002, have a 4-month-old son.

    He said: 'My wife did not like the idea of the old woman cleaning tables at the food court, especially after she had bumped into her one day, while she was having lunch with her colleagues.

    'Sometimes, I feel like I'm caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. I had told the old woman to quit her cleaner job but she refused to comply. How should I approach such a delicate situation?

    'She said I hurt her. Ask her, what about me? How does she think I felt when she told me through a third party that she had made up her mind to file a claim with the tribunal?'
    Yep, noted. However, it would be better if they could publish the tribunal's interview (if any) with the parties involved and it's findings.

    In any case, there's probably going to be all kinds of versions.

    Good luck to the people handling these domestic dispute cases. It's a nightmare anyway you choose to look at it.

  13. #253
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    Man, whatever happened to real journalism?
    Dead, gone, buried & forgotten.

  14. #254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    The only person with a vendetta is you. WTF is your problem? You have been on my case since ESPN's time - you are one of his minions no doubt.

    I'm not going to have a 'verbal joust' in this thread as it is against forum rules. I will happily debate you offline in PM. I'm not going to break forum rules for a turd like you.
    I've been on YOUR case? espn's "minions"? Man.... U having some kind of delusion? I don't think the name "Tetrode" even warrants me break wind over it.

    Talking abt being braindead and delusional. And I've got nothing to hide to even bother jousting with u on PMs since I've got nothing against u in the first place and it seems that you are having issues with everything under the sun and ur uncanny ability to link everything to the govt instead of ur tunnelled vision. If u think that I have a personal issue specifically against u and have been hunting u down to shoot u down every single damn time, go ahead and report all my hunting posts to the admins and moderators and get me banned outright and when that's done, u can question ur own integrity (if u have any in the first place).

    Stop saying till I'm like one of the 'bad guys', on that 1-liner I had back there, go and review ur past posts on this thread and everyone can see what my 1-liner was specifically for - your so-called earlier "unbiased view" against medical doctors when u had already revealed in your thoughts that you are actually viewing thru coloured lenses.
    Last edited by jsbn; 21st February 2007 at 10:30 PM.

  15. #255
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Funny that. I guess a lot of our leaders are really doing it hard.
    *clap-clap-clap* excellent. Proves my point beyond a reasonable doubt.

  16. #256
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    Tetrode, you have to be reasonable on this.

    MOST, not all, doctors choose medicine because of humanitarian reasons as one of their motivating factors.

    However, doctors are human too. They want the best for their wives, kids and themselves, just like you would. If it means migrating to a better place where there is less crime, drugs, violence, better education, better prospects.... What would YOU choose?

    Nobody has the right to tell them how to lead their lives. Would you sacrifice the future of your family and your personal happiness?
    The fact that he started championing on his tunnel vision ability ends all reasonability on it.

    My friend, no point beating a dead horse to let him see ur side of the story.

  17. #257
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrode View Post
    Alas, if I was academically fit for the job, I would BUT unfortunately I am not.

    Plus a genetic aversion to the sight of blood also rules this out. I had hoped of become a vet in my younger days (thanks to James Herriot) but a week of watching castrations while on work experience in a vet clinic confirmed that cutting things up wasn't my thing. sigh.
    You choose to make the sacrifice:

    If given a choice of moving to the outback (and away from the hustle and bustle of the city) - I would actually.

    Actually it wouldn't be a sacrifice at all.
    Dismissed the 'sacrifice' as something 'necessary'

    Yet.... Your 'genetic aversion to blood' seems something u ain't willing to sacrifice yourself to for the greater good of mankind?

  18. #258

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    it's not about CS, it's about being human and human feelings. there's nothing wrong with people flaring up now and then, the problem comes when things get personal and trolls start to emerge it's definitely not new news, but it's in some ways a chance for people to put forward their emotions since it has been brought to the limelight here anyway. as much as it is amusing, it's really a human thing i would be really worried to live in a world where people are devoid of emotions and are incapable of being affected by happenings around them
    It's really abt CS from wad I observe. Unless it's a fun topic, there's a very good chance that a discussion on current affairs inevitably ends up with one CS member attacking another, then other kakis join in to defend/attack, the poster justifies/counter attacks, then bad censored words fly around, and eventually, the mod comes in. It's all too familiar. See wad I mean? Right or wrong, already someone is throwing the F word around here.

    Gosh, on the one hand, the poor cleaner mum has to deal with her being thrown out by the son and on the other, CS members are quarreling!

    Emotions are good, sure we all are humans but all the energy will be better chanelled into doing something enjoyable or fruitful. Let's make peace. It's just plain ridiculous we are arguing over other people's problem which has now become ours!

    I'm not a saint but I find it too draining. Dunno how you guys can keep up. Why not everyone meet up for a coffee one day and discuss how to help the poor lady?

    Okie, I'm outta this thread for good. *scary*

  19. #259
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    It's really abt CS from wad I observe. Unless it's a fun topic, there's a very good chance that a discussion on current affairs inevitably ends up with one CS member attacking another, then other kakis join in to defend/attack, the poster justifies/counter attacks, then bad censored words fly around, and eventually, the mod comes in. It's all too familiar. See wad I mean? Right or wrong, already someone is throwing the F word around here.

    Gosh, on the one hand, the poor cleaner mum has to deal with her being thrown out by the son and on the other, CS members are quarreling!

    Emotions are good, sure we all are humans but all the energy will be better chanelled into doing something enjoyable or fruitful. Let's make peace. It's just plain ridiculous we are arguing over other people's problem which has now become ours!

    I'm not a saint but I find it too draining. Dunno how you guys can keep up. Why not everyone meet up for a coffee one day and discuss how to help the poor lady?

    Okie, I'm outta this thread for good. *scary*


    you just need to keep an open mind. there aren't many members who are like what you described, just a handful who keep horning on minute issues. do make use of the ignore function when necessary happy new year!

  20. #260

    Default Re: doctor son throws cleaner mom out of the house

    Oh, rumours had it that the old lady abandoned her mother before! And she is a gambler who gambled away all the money the dad left for the family... How else can she afford expensive flat when working single handedly bringing up her kid thru medical school?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3811121314 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •