Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruelty to animals in China

Default Re: Cruelty to animals in China

Don't just blame China for all these. These are simple effects of supply and demand. If the rest of the world demands for fur, countries will supply. If it's not China, then it will always be somewhere else.

The rest makes such ruckus because of so called higher morals, but they never realise about the curelties they inflicted on their fellow human beings. The habit of eating dogs have been around for ages, and if you go around China in winter, dog meat are sold everywhere. The rest of the world keeps dogs and cats as pets doesn't mean that they are better than the Chinese. I don't see them cry when they eat beef, mutton, fish or chicken. It's the hypocrisy in us that rears its ugly head whenever we see somethings that do not fit into our so called morals.

It's always so easy to point fingers at others......

I am against the acts of creulty. And no matter who does it. It is still bad. I just wish they don't have to torture them like tat...

Quote Originally Posted by insanne View Post
    Don't just blame China for all these. These are simple effects of supply and demand. If the rest of the world demands for fur, countries will supply. If it's not China, then it will always be somewhere else.

The rest makes such ruckus because of so called higher morals, but they never realise about the curelties they inflicted on their fellow human beings. The habit of eating dogs have been around for ages, and if you go around China in winter, dog meat are sold everywhere. The rest of the world keeps dogs and cats as pets doesn't mean that they are better than the Chinese. I don't see them cry when they eat beef, mutton, fish or chicken. It's the hypocrisy in us that rears its ugly head whenever we see somethings that do not fit into our so called morals.

It's always so easy to point fingers at others......
    Bottomline: Humans, stripped away from their morals are no more than just glorified animals.

We are all such unfortunately, after so many years of observing the ugly side of human behaviour, seeing books on countless wars and their atrocities (be it committed by Westerners or Easterners). We are all one of the same kind.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Bottomline: Humans, stripped away from their morals are no more than just glorified animals.

We are all such unfortunately, after so many years of observing the ugly side of human behaviour, seeing books on countless wars and their atrocities (be it committed by Westerners or Easterners). We are all one of the same kind.
    If this would be the case, if we continue to tolerate or just accept the ugly and bad in us,
    then I say, we all deserve to die and be punished. We are all made in the likeness of God, humans are good and kind, and those things that have been shown on the video are the just
    the evil side of it.
    Are we comfortable living that way? Are we meant or those guys that did it meant to live that way? They are not. Because human nature is good.
    It is just our own choices that make the difference.
    We all have the decisions to become good or bad because fortunately ,we are gifted that way.

The issues for these people are NEVER about the cruelties, because the notion of cruelty to animials does not exist in them. We only think that they are cruel because we try to impose our own set of morals on them. The animals are just like any other raw materials, ie fabric, copper, timber, and whatever it is, to be treated as such. And for most of them, if they do not do this job, someone else will. It's simply a matter of survival and feeding the family. It's not about choices, because for many of them, there are none at all! Many of us do not realise because we have not see the sort of proverty that exists.

It is naive to think there are just so called correct choices to make. We are all too pampered and sheltered in our Singapore society. There are no such things as good and evil, black and white. It's all shades of grey out there..., it's just that Singaporeans are educated to be tone-less.

The issue is, the rest of the world continues to demand for all items! And that is the hypocrisy of it. We consume and yet, we do not want to know, or rather, refuse to acknowledge the kind of damage and cruelty we inflict. Do you eat beef, chicken or fish? Don't you think about how the pigs squeal when they were left to bleed to death when you order the bowl of kuay chap. Do you ever notice the red stamp on the pig skin that refuses to go even after cooking?

And we have not even started talking about oil and cars....,
    Last edited by insanne; 21st February 2007 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luval View Post
    it sad, it not an uncommon thing in china. Crudity doesnt exist intheir dictionary. neither do they have compassion for those wimp and cries when they are thrown from height .. I cant say much after watching only half the video... but looking at them with heart felt pain and sympathy. Only wish that that few trucks can be diverted to sgp for adoption..
    True, then we as photographers should do our part do. If you ever shoot a pair of shoes, and it was made from leather, it came from the skin of a dead animal.

If you ever shoot a bag, it too came from the skin of a dead animal.

if you every shoot a wallet, it too came from the skin of a dead animal.

if you shoot a pendent made of bones of animals, it once belong to a living animal.

if you take a picture of a coat before, remember it once came from the fur of an animal.

if you ever take a picture of the head of an animal hanging on the wall, remember it once was the head of a living animal.

So guess what, you are actually promoting cruelty to animals when you shoot your picture.

So much for compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    dont we realise its always the chinese tat will do these things? treat animals in this way, eat animals in weird ways.. i know its a cultural thing, but i always find it hard to fathom..

i'm a singaporean chinese, and i'm totally disgusted by the things some/many chinese do. when Mother Nature strikes back, in terms of natural disasters killing many people, when SARs struck the Chinese hard coz they EAT civet cats.. i have no pity. in my mind, they reap what they sow.

(will i get banned for saying all these?)...hhmm..
    u won't get banned for saying all these.....

but i think most people will just look at your remarks and wonder how naive u are!

shall i list how the aboriginies slaughter their herd for food?
    shall i list how hares are hunted for meat in Europe?
    In other parts of the so called "DEVELOPED WESTERNIZED" world, do u suppose countries are free of such acts?

Like some nice CSer here mentioned...don't just point at China.....there are such cases practised elsewhere too. Just for your info, mink fur coats are super nice, super soft, warm and freaking expensive...... and guess who buys MINK FUR COATS?! so what good is embracing top notch coats for their APPEARANCE, and condemning how they were harvested? doesn't that make one a hypocrite?

one gets sars eating civet cats?!?!?!? ..... man, there goes my research for previous 5 years! ... i think it'd have disproved researchers if it was that simple

Oh....does one get SARS drinking the BEST quality coffee? .... coz they are coffee beans that went thru the civet cat's duodenum and are passed out, coated with you-know-what dried and roasted!

Oh...then again..the virus would have been denatured or even destroyed by the extreme roasting heat.......... wow! STERILE COFFEE BEANS!

one gets sars eating civet cats?!?!?!? ..... man, there goes my research for previous 5 years! ... i think it'd have disproved researchers if it was that simple
    if its not the cause.. i'm also expecting it not to be, then y did they cull thousands of civet cats?

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_381406.htm

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    if its not the cause.. i'm also expecting it not to be, then y did they cull thousands of civet cats?

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english...ent_381406.htm
    The cause of sars doesn't come from the civet cats, but the people who eat them and spread them as the virus became a different form in the human body and makes it able to spread from humans to humans.....am i rite? If there are no eating then there wont be any of these human to human virus?

Here's a petition site.

Hopefully, we can make a difference.

Animals Matter

World Society for the Protection of Animals

Bootomline Here.... Stop The Cruelty... Whatever Animal It May Be.... Somebody Gotta Step In And Control The Situation.....

Quote Originally Posted by devilsjaw View Post
    Bootomline Here.... Stop The Cruelty... Whatever Animal It May Be.... Somebody Gotta Step In And Control The Situation.....
    It's always someone, that one, this one, which one?

Why can't it be you????

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper ShutterBug View Post
    When you are hungry with no food, the word cruelty has no meaning. Survival the fittest. If you think this is bad, wait till you see how they slaughter horses and cows.
    hunger, greed or vanity?

these people need to be caged & thrown.

this happens everywhere, not just china

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12