Hi all.. i have a 50mm f1.8 lens, and im quite confused about the apertures.. under what circumstances will you use 1.8 or 2.8?
For those who dont wanna read, Concluding my question, for the 3 scenarios below, just between 1.8 and 2.8, which will you use?:
1. Good light (daytime)
2. Bad light (night time/indoor, cant use flash)
3. Using flash
Really need advice from the pros here..
Sorry for the long winded post, but i have to get things right..
Am i right to say that
- faster shutter speed allowed (since more light are let in)
- smaller dof, better bokeh
- dof too small, easy to get oof
- good for isolation of subjects
- good when taking photos in low light, where hand shake is a problem due to slow
However, i started comparing f1.8 with f2.8, and found f2.8 to be sharper and brighter than f1.8. Pictures look more appealing at f2.8.. Also, when taking photos with flash, those at f2.8 are brighter than those at f1.8. Is this normal? I will post comparison photos if required.
Thanks a million