Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Thanks for sharing these pics blowblue.

    Anyway, intend to bring my 17-40 and one more lens for the tele end. You think i should bring the 85 f1.8 or the 70-200 f4 IS?

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Thanks for sharing these pics blowblue.

    Anyway, intend to bring my 17-40 and one more lens for the tele end. You think i should bring the 85 f1.8 or the 70-200 f4 IS?
    Any advise? And if I should bring tripod for sunset?

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    InfraRedLand
    Posts
    910

    Talking Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Just some shoot taken last Aug in Bali

    Bali Shootout
    People of Bali

    Cheers!

    Ya...If you are in Kuta Beach.....rem to look for Alley Cats. they served wonderful steak!! check out they series of Monster meal. you will not regret.

    Last edited by PandaOng; 2nd March 2007 at 03:52 PM.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    nice Thanks for sharing!

  5. #45
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Any advise? And if I should bring tripod for sunset?
    17-40 and 70-200 will be good enuf.
    tripod will be very troublesome.
    u can also shoot sunset without a tripod.



  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    17-40 and 70-200 will be good enuf.
    tripod will be very troublesome.
    u can also shoot sunset without a tripod.


    Nice! Can share your settings below?
    Focal length, Ap, Sh and ISO ?

  7. #47
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Nice! Can share your settings below?
    Focal length, Ap, Sh and ISO ?
    top (56mm) & bottom (200mm), both shoot at f13; 1/125; iso125; manual mode

  8. #48

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by blowblue View Post
    I guess so...is that where the topless roam?
    no lah, that beach still G rated...got alot of kids one...

    Quote Originally Posted by PandaOng View Post
    Just some shoot taken last Aug in Bali
    lucky you never take the black sand back with you...taking black sand and lava from vulcano is supposed to give back luck...

    I agree with scud on the lens, just bring your 17-40 and 70-200...if you are hardworking, bring tripod as well...you never know when you might need it...and if you need it and don't have then you'll regret it...if never use then treat it as exercise

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by theRBK View Post
    no lah, that beach still G rated...got alot of kids one...

    lucky you never take the black sand back with you...taking black sand and lava from vulcano is supposed to give back luck...

    I agree with scud on the lens, just bring your 17-40 and 70-200...if you are hardworking, bring tripod as well...you never know when you might need it...and if you need it and don't have then you'll regret it...if never use then treat it as exercise
    Yup thanks. I guess the focal lengths should cover... jus wondering if the lower f-stops are necessary. I guess not if i do not intend to take portraits...

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Hi guys, I know jimbaran is famous for its seafood by the beach. Any recommendations on the restaurants? and what is the budget for it?
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

  11. #51

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    goin bali next mth, any1 got place to recommend at kuta area....
    budget arn S$100 or arn US$60 per day....
    any website to recommend too??
    btw is the car rental there cheap? intend to drive myself(preferred) or else will get a driver
    Last edited by R11S; 18th March 2007 at 01:01 PM.

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by R11S View Post
    goin bali next mth, any1 got place to recommend at kuta area....
    budget arn S$100 or arn US$60 per day....
    any website to recommend too??
    btw is the car rental there cheap? intend to drive myself(preferred) or else will get a driver
    I will be going end of next month as well. I will be staying at Kuta Paradiso. S$188 for 4D3N.

    Rest, any advise for the seafood dinners at jimbaran??
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

  13. #53
    Member bowwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In my own private Idaho.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    I will be going end of next month as well. I will be staying at Kuta Paradiso. S$188 for 4D3N.

    Rest, any advise for the seafood dinners at jimbaran??
    can try Menega Cafe... this is the one that got bombed... one of the better ones.
    --- the only constant is evolution and change ---
    --- the only solution is adaptation ---

  14. #54

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    I will be going end of next month as well. I will be staying at Kuta Paradiso. S$188 for 4D3N.

    Rest, any advise for the seafood dinners at jimbaran??
    bro where u got tis $. wich websute u go? me tot of takin 4/3nite...but then tink again gotto 5/4nite hehe

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by bowwow View Post
    can try Menega Cafe... this is the one that got bombed... one of the better ones.
    Thanks. Any things in particular that is a must try in that restaurant?
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

  16. #56
    Member bowwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In my own private Idaho.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: Recommendation for shooting sites in Bali

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Thanks. Any things in particular that is a must try in that restaurant?
    it's all good but i particularly like the clams...
    --- the only constant is evolution and change ---
    --- the only solution is adaptation ---

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •